Improved a little, new time 12.47

Thank you.
I pulled the car out of the garage and noticed cords showing through my drag radials. I put on a set of 275/60/15's they look and fit great in my opinion.

Thank you.
I pulled the car out of the garage and noticed cords showing through my drag radials. I put on a set of 275/60/15's they look and fit great in my opinion.

Just dying to lay dark, black patches again...

Yea, I need to chill out on the John Force burnouts at the track. I do it for fun more than anything. I made a couple of other changes to the car, nothing super exciting. I'm curious how the times will be affected by the taller tires.

I made a few more minor changes to my car, I know were completely unnecessary.... for now. Although, it's running great. I already had some supercharged German food for dinner. Hell, it was a quick snack, hahaha

Here it is, made pretty quick work of this one. AMG Mercedes with some mods, sounds like a race car, beat it like a step child.

Last edited:
It feels so good still right? I was hanging with a new ZL1 'Maro all Linginfeltered out last weekend at the track. I love old junk when it still works right. Still amazing after all these years.

Yea, and he's my buddy too. The new set up is a monster, I need to port the housing yet. When you hear his Mercedes you kind think what did I get myself into, then you think what did he get himself into.

I ported my wastegate hole, downpipe and changed my coolant with a really cool vacuum system. I may have had some air in the system because my temps were creeping up a little after radiator swap. Now they're back to normal. Also got the QTP electric cutout installed.

It's time for another round of tuning with the new set up. I hope to get back to the track in the next couple of weeks.

It sucks the system with so much vacuum the radiator hoses collapse. Then it sucks the new fluid and fills the system with all coolant, no air.

Lets see if I can post up a couple of videos. One is the car at idle with the cutout closed then opened with a little rev. The next one is just a cruise and I opened it up, the cutout. Cell phone audio isn't that great but you get the idea. This turbo sounds great.

My wastegate vacuum lines were routed incorrectly. With the Hallman controller you leave the top port on the wastegate open to atmosphere. I made some test pulls and the boost is under control. It's actually rock steady, with the internal gate the boost would fluctuate a few Lbs both directions, it no longer does this. I started out at 10 lbs and worked my way back up to 24 lbs. Tonight I'm going to log a few runs and turn it up to 26 lbs. So far so good, pulls really hard. I haven't made any logs with the cutout open yet. I'm curious how it will affect the tune.

My dual 11" Spals and Caspers harness came in, but don't think I'll have time to get them on before I go to the track. I want to get my tune squared away first. I'd like to be able to run both fans, need to do some reading first.

I logged a few passes with the new set up and made one very small VE correction. The tune is spot on with no KR and I feel it's safe. All will be well if the akly and fuel pumps hang in there. It's ready for another track day. Check out a screen shot of my logged run. Injector duty cycle is good, o2 correction is great, boost is nice and steady with the new external gate. These cars are great, my wife and I cruised around all day, went to a car show in comfort with a nice smooth quiet ride. And when we go to the track it's going to run mid to low 11's. I'm betting on low 11's by the way. I love this car.

Awesome thread. I'd like to take my car into high 11's one day keeping the block unopened. She's staying stock for now. But defintely found some motivation here.

Thanks man, imagine how it would run if I knew what the hell I was doing, :wtf:
Same here. You seem to have the right idea going with tuning your ride. I hope to learn enough to feel confident enough to do so some day.

Time for another update. I went to the track tonight, as usual it was packed and I knew I would only get one run. As before I didn't want to waste my run and low the tires off so I left real easy.
I went 11.53 @ 115.6

My new plan for next week is to set shocks to 90-10 and remove front sway bar for track day. If I can get the 60' down to the 1.5 range it's going to have a chance of running 11.1-11.2

Last edited:
Thanks !

I installed some Spal 11" dual fans yesterday. These things really pull some air.

Last edited:
One more thing, I set my front shocks to 90/10 so we'll see if I can get that 60 down. I know I don't need to run slicks to make this happen. I want to be able to still drive the car everyday, like I do now. My wife and I take the car out regularly if the weather is nice. With the new fans I could sit in traffic all day long and it wound never go over 168 degrees. I have the fans turning on at 165, seemed reasonable since I have a 160 stat.