Improved a little, new time 12.47

OhioC5

Underwear model
I made a few changes to the tune after reviewing the log and had a little better launch. Picked up almost 4 tenths.
Next I'm going to swap out my factory valve springs and see if that helps.

I'm number 760

12.29@109 now

Thanks, I'm creeping down to the 11's. Trying to see how close I can get on unopened engine. I think it has more in it.

Sorry I can't see your SIG using the phone app... what mods do you have done?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Not much really, 6262 turbo, 60lb injectors, TCS 3000 stall, 3" downpipe,340 fuel pump, unopened engine and FAST XFI. I ran straight 110 octane. Fine tuning the ecu now.

How much timing with straight 110? I got a new pb out of my setup also with 6262, 7.23 @ 98.5mph. Launch needs a whole lotta work lol.

Whats a pb? Yea only second time I've ever raced it, I need a lot of work everywhere. I'll have to look at the tune when I get home to tell you timing.

Whats a pb? Yea only second time I've ever raced it, I need a lot of work everywhere. I'll have to look at the tune when I get home to tell you timing.

I would start at 23* of advance with straight 110 on my motor. Ford ecu has mbt spark table. This spark table does not have any effect of final timing but shows how much timing for the engine to make Maximum Brake Tq. With 110oct my final timing table would be very close to the mbt table when done.

Looking at the log from the first track day I noticed the rpms kind of hang almost like valve float or something. Last night I had trouble logging because I took a new laptop. The log time was set to default 20 seconds so I missed my first run and the second run I accidentally closed the program without saving log. I need to do a few more pulls on the street to make sure AFR is more on track. I had to add 10% fuel @4000 and take out about 7% around 3000 if memory serves me. Every car I've had on a dyno ends up lean on the street. The Fast xfi was a great purchase.

It's at 18 degrees in the upper map/rpm range. I think my masterful tuning skills helped with the drop in ET too. :)

Takes time. Tuning yourself is a HUGE learning curve. Once you get your confidence you will strat zipping through the program.

Once I get the interface down it wont be that bad. It's just math, my brush up on the VE table helped take the 3-4 tenths off. The log showed me the springs were weak too. I think tuning with the narrow band sensor is silly.

On 110 octane you deff can do more timing...That combo should be mid 11's congrats on your PB though. How much boost are you running? Which intercooler?

The intercooler is a stretched stock location from Mark at TR. Boost was about 23-25 lbs, I didn't lean on it too hard. The next time at the track I'm going to turn it down a couple of pounds and make a few passes with the new springs. My old springs were very weak.

Hmmm, at 23-25 psi on your combo I would expect more than 21mph gain on the second half of the 1/4.

Maybe a taller tire would help. I've been driving around with the new valve springs and it feels better. There's no where around my place to safely do some third gear pulls to log. I'll have to go back to the track.

You may be looking at the wrong time on the slip, I only gained 17 mph on the second half.

Ran a couple of times tonight, new best 12.29 @ 109 I know this run would have been quicker, but I broke my shifter cable. During this run I could hear the car not shifting out of 2nd into 3rd so I reached up and shifted it on the column. Looking back at my log it revved to 5850 rpms. It was hard to hear with my helmet on. This thing has 11's in it real soon. I made a few more changes to the VE table before the runs tonight. Going to review the logs, fix my cable and make some more changes. I picked up a set of Weld Prostars I'll try to get mounted before next week. It al depends on my work schedule.