Improved a little, new time 12.47

I have gone 11.35@116 with a TE44 @25psi with a stock engine. I was able to get 120mph out of it with 29psi and C16 gas but the track wasn't hooking. The car went 11.69@113 on 21psi. The car now has a TA62, but the TE44 ran better. I think the cam is going flat.
I have a friend who went 11.36@119 with a TE60 @26psi. He never ran it again, never tried to get it to 60', never turned it up.

[quoteI "ADJMART, post: 3273269, member: 31856"]When is the next time your heading to 42? I'm running mid 11's with a few less parts than you,maybe we can compare notes?[/quote]

Hey, Im out for the month of September, looked at my schedule some things popped up.

I made a full boost blast without my helmet on and was able to hear the car breaking up at WOT. After about 10 seconds I figured out what the problem was, my 2 step main RPM is set to 4600. Son of a bitch . . . I'm a little embarrassed to post, live and learn I guess.

Correction to above post. Main cut was set to 4900 rpms. Just took another little ride and no more hesitation.

Nobody runs their best number first trips out. Keep at you are making mad progress.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

On a side note, I bumped into my friend driving his black series SL65. He was very surprised to say the least, as a matter of fact he was shocked. It leaves me wishing my car was at the top of its game, but I found my mistake so all worked out. I want a rematch !!

Looking back through my notes this all makes sense now. This is the reason it appeared my valve springs may have been weak. Looking at the logs the RPMs hung like valve float. However, it appears my failure to set my 2 step properly may have been the cause for the lack luster times. At this point I'm not even questioning it.

Wanted to give a little update. I took the car to a dyno today, It made 362 hp and 383 Tq on a Mustang dyno at 24.5 lbs of boost. We only ran it up to 5100 rpms. The tune is spot on now, too bad the track is closed.

I'm thinking the same thing. I have ironed out a few bugs with my car this summer and it is running better than it ever has but all the tracks are closed so I'll have to wait till spring and wonder.:cool:

Good job with your car so far!

Thanks, I appreciate it. My head cam LS1 Corvette made 393 hp and 373 TQ so I'm pretty pleased with this little unopened 3.8. The car has come a long way for only wrenching on it a few weekends this year and my Buick experience is only about the past nine months. All in all I'm very happy.

Time for an update and video. I ran 11.72 tonight on my first run with a 1.66 60' If I can get that damn 60' down. I left the line at about 2 lbs of boost. The track was packed and I knew I wouldn't get too many runs in and didn't want to blow off the tires. So I left real easy. Tuning by Matt.
That was a cammed crate LS3 in the trans am I raced, he ran 12.01

One more edit runs were at 24 lbs of boost.

Last edited:
Time for an update and video. I ran 11.72 tonight on my first run with a 1.66 60' If I can get that damn 60' down. I left the line at about 2 lbs of boost. The track was packed and I knew I wouldn't get too many runs in and didn't want to blow off the tires. So I left real easy. Tuning by Matt.
That was a cammed crate LS3 in the trans am I raced, he ran 12.01

One more edit runs were at 24 lbs of boost.

Looks good!

poor small block car still takin it from a turbo 6 after all these years/generations. Nice run and tuning man!

Congrats on the run!

Some weight reduction a harder launch and more boost should get you into the low 11s.

I think you will probably need a bigger pump and injectors beyond that, to maximize the combo.

Thanks, My injectors were at 60% duty cycle on this run. I'm wondering if the alky is turned up too high. The knob is on 6.

I'm not the most experienced one on here, but it looks to me like you're on the right track.

I would leave everything else as is, & increase the boost 1 to 2 pounds at a time and monitor for knock.

You could use these passes to practice your launch, and watch the mile-per-hour go up as power increases.

If anyone has checked back, what do you think? Creep up from 24 lbs and see what it'll do? T.N. I just noticed you said that. I think the next time I go to the track I may try 26 lbs, 28 or if I'm really feeling it, 30.

I still think about trying a little taller tire too. I still haven't tried opening the dump or removing the front sway bar. Maybe some fancy ass adjustable shocks too. I'm feeling a deep 11 coming.

So far my tune has netted zero knock.