IF you could have 1 of your previous cars back...

Originally posted by TurboRegal84
I will take back my 84 GN.....

It was my first car
Never left me stranded on the side of the road
Won car shows with it
turned heads

Great car.....

I second that, I miss my '84. Still looking for another

Originally posted by BuickGn Boosted
Only had one other "hot rod" and that was my 66 Chevelle. Had it for 20 years and it was featured in many magazines in both the pro street version and also when it was painted red. Sold in 95 to someone in New York state and I know it has changed hands a few times since then. Anyone from New York see it anywhere at shows?? Would like to track it down just for the hell of it.

http://www.buickgn.com/LASTPIC.JPG
http://www.buickgn.com/superchevycoversmall.jpg
http://www.buickgn.com/BM2.JPG

I remember that car. I drooled over it quite a bit and hoped someday my chevelle would grow up just like it. Ah, the dreams at the time of a young twentysomething myclone ;)

1973 Super Beetle............red first car.

1972 Beetle 'vert autostick..........slowest car ever but when have you seen another.

1984 Sunbird turbo.........my introduction to crappy designed and assembled 80's GM turbo cars.

My knuckles hate me.

My first 87 GN. Loved that car more than life itself. I got it when I was 18....aside from local driving, I took it from Denver to Chicago- Chicago to Las Vegas- Las Vegas to Calais, Maine- Calais, Maine to Rhinelander, Wisconsin-Rhinelander back to Calais and finally Calais to Las Vegas where, because I had a new baby on the way, I had to sell. Long road trips in that Buick were all that mattered to me. Last I heard it was sold in Loveland, Colorado. :(

The '86 GN that was stolen in '99. Only want it back if the sh#tbags that stole it come with it!

The one I'd really like to have back is my '70 Blazer 4X4. It was done pretty well for a high school kid w/no money. I could afford to do it right this time.

I actually bought my '77 Vette back from the person I sold it to. Good car but a bad decision. I wanted another Vette and it was a case of buying "the devil you know vs. the devil you don't know". I'd put a bunch of money and time in it and new it was a 3 owner, never wrecked car. Lost money BOTH times I sold it! LOL!

1978 Trans Am - silver with the shaker hood.

Paid $3850 for it, drove it three years and only replaced the mufflers. Sold it for $4350.

Big back-seat and the chicks loved it.

Dan

p.s. - don't know if this counts but I had to turn-down buying a 1969 427 auto all original Corvette, ground up resto for $10K. had to choose b/w the wedding I was paying for or the car. Hindsight - the wife lasted 5 years and I'd still ahve the car today.

Dam

Mine would be a tossup between:
1969 Charger 383 4spd (my first car)
1964 Ford Fairlane sports coupe (2nd car)
or
my Silver '87 T.

my '84 El camino... got it when i was 14 from a pawn shop, it sat till i got my learners permit when i was 15, then when i got my drivers lisense at 16, i spent the summer rebuiding a 350... bored it out, .030, 10.5:1 compression pistions, .510/.510lift cam, alunium heads w/2.08 intake 1.65 exhaust.. MSD ingnition... hooker headers... 700-R4 32-3400 stall converter... the thing was worked... made well over 450 ponies... but had major traction problems, i was getting everything all sorted out and then on the last day of school my junior year.. scum of earth came out and took it.. got it back 3 weeks later, they were nice enough to drop it off at a junk yard for me..

before and after pic....

http://community.webshots.com/photo/95776453/95777717JaSpyS

:(

-Neil

Originally posted by Vendor Defendor
my '84 El camino... got it when i was 14 from a pawn shop, it sat till i got my learners permit when i was 15, then when i got my drivers lisense at 16, i spent the summer rebuiding a 350... bored it out, .030, 10.5:1 compression pistions, .510/.510lift cam, alunium heads w/2.08 intake 1.65 exhaust.. MSD ingnition... hooker headers... 700-R4 32-3400 stall converter... the thing was worked... made well over 450 ponies... but had major traction problems, i was getting everything all sorted out and then on the last day of school my junior year.. scum of earth came out and took it.. got it back 3 weeks later, they were nice enough to drop it off at a junk yard for me..

before and after pic....

http://community.webshots.com/photo/95776453/95777717JaSpyS

:(

-Neil

Dang that sux

I wish I had my '90 GMC Z71 4X4 back. It was black, lifted up with '33 tires, dual shocks, and the works. It was nearly indestructible and took way more abuse at the Glamis sand dunes than it should have. Unfortunately it was stolen by some scumbag in August '96. :(

I miss....

In school, I had a nice Dr. Olds '69 442 W30 convertible.

On one occasion, I was stopped by GSP doing 101 mph through a stop sign in Monroe Ga. He ended up letting me go.

Those were the days, and that was the car I miss.

87 T light blue, blackout trim with blue interior. Purchased at dealer in 87 with 1,500 miles on it.

The 2 cars that are worth sooo much now that I have owned in the past..
* 1969 RAIII factory ac/4 speed cauresel red Judge. Mint numbers match car that had 60k miles.
* 1965 Chevelle SS 396. (Z16) one of 201 made. 12k original miles.. Please don't ask..:( red with black interiorand vinyl top. Everything was there. the factory am/fm multiplex, tilt/wood wheel, top of dash clock, die cast wheel covers, and all 4 speakers !

my 79 trans am, damn i loved that car. i sold it to get my buick but i would love to have that car back. it was a hot car and a blast to drive.:D

1970 Chevelle convertable, LS5, light blue with pearl white interior. Bought it in AZ thru an ad in Hemmings and shipped it east on a car hauler.

1970 SS396 Nova. 375hp 4 speed, steel wheels w/ hubcaps, rubber floor covering (no carpet), all numbers matched.
Body started to rust away and i unloaded it.:( Should have found an Arizona/SoCal car and done a complete body swap. Man that car was quick, but REAL hard to keep going in a straight line.Still, it wasn't as fast as my WE4.

75 vega, 46,000 origional miles, not a spot of rust, and thoes cars were made of compressed rust. and it was the ugly cream color, that color made it rarer than a cosworth. I wonder if it was worth selling it for my t, but all i have to do is step on the throttle and i remember why i did it.