If we were to hold a Texas Buick Nats in 2014...

If there was a Texas Buick Nationals in 2014 would you attend?

• Yes I would attend anywhere in TX

Votes: 14 34.1%
  • I would attend if it was in my area of TX

Votes: 17 41.5%
  • I would not attend not interested

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • I'm a maybe?

Votes: 5 12.2%
  • I would come and watch no car.

Votes: 3 7.3%

• Total voters
David, I almost would go to any other track but little river because it just doesn't seem safe to me with the narrow lanes and short shutdown. anyone else chime in on this? I'd be happy to make a call to San Antonio Raceway if there is a desire.. I know it's not centrally located.

David, I almost would go to any other track but little river because it just doesn't seem safe to me with the narrow lanes and short shutdown. anyone else chime in on this? I'd be happy to make a call to San Antonio Raceway if there is a desire.. I know it's not centrally located.

Disco Stu ran there. It is pretty "old school" as far as tracks go. I can't see it being any worse than Kennedale or Yellow Belly.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

Never been to yellow belly.. heard bad things about going there... kennedale is only 1/8th mile and plenty of room for shut down. Others may feel safer.. I just don't.

Its not gonna hurt anything to just check with S.A. and talk to Freddy, he might cut a good deal for this event.

John I don't mind you calling SA raceway and asking it's just that Little River is more centrally located for everyone.

I really don't think LR is that much of a issue for cars that are 11.0 and slower. With 10's I think it does get a little more scary you will need good brakes. We could always run that class in the 1/8?

How many that have posted up that you will attend are faster than 11.0? I know Disco Stu is, I could be if my car is done in time anyone else? John I know you are.

Mine is quicker than 11.0o. And I have been on a track with not much shut down room and put it in the sand. I will tell you not a lot of fun. I would be up for running the eighth mile if needed

Both mine and insane6 cars are bottom 10 second cars, and have some more improvements coming to make em both quicker. I can't speak for him, but I'm not going to run mine on a 1/4 mile track that is marginal for a low 11 second car. I've ran fast at HMP with its short shut down and I get it stopped no problem.

Both mine and insane6 cars are bottom 10 second cars, and have some more improvements coming to make em both quicker. I can't speak for him, but I'm not going to run mine on a 1/4 mile track that is marginal for a low 11 second car. I've ran fast at HMP with its short shut down and I get it stopped no problem.

I retract the statement I made about sub 11 sec cars on this track I really don't think 10's are that big of a deal. Just my .02 but I have never ran this track in the 10's. If I thought this track was a liability we would not hold a event here.

It seems that we have opened a can worms here...

I personally have never gone down this track faster than 115 mph, I have been on it multiple times and have watched 10 sec cars go down this track with no problems. This track does have a Nascar left turn on the big end and I guess that scares a few people.
In my opinion 120-130 mph is not a problem. I'm not familiar HMP so I can't compare the two but I don't see LR being any shorter.

I'm sure there are some 10 sec cars that have been on this track that are on this forum maybe some will chime in?

How about you Chris haven't you been on this track I know your car is mid 10's? John (E ticket) ?

Hmp has a pretty short shut down and there if you don't get her pulled down you go into a ditch at the road. I've seen a roadster take down the orange construction fence. Not pretty.
I don't remember little river running 1/4 when the club did events there late eighties. But it has been a long time so I don't remember.
I know people like a 1/4 but an 1/8 is still a thrill for me, so I guess I'm easy.
Just a word of thanks for David for doing the thankless task of organising the event.
Thank You!

Rich

Hmp has a pretty short shut down and there if you don't get her pulled down you go into a ditch at the road. I've seen a roadster take down the orange construction fence. Not pretty.
I don't remember little river running 1/4 when the club did events there late eighties. But it has been a long time so I don't remember.
I know people like a 1/4 but an 1/8 is still a thrill for me, so I guess I'm easy.
Just a word of thanks for David for doing the thankless task of organising the event.
Thank You!

Rich

Thanks Rich.

We ran the 1/4 for all the X Bash's with no problems.

Search "Little River Dragway" on www.youtube.com there are quite a few videos that show the whole track.

Even though this guy let off at the 1/8 you can see the 1/4 stripe and the end of the track

Racing starts at the 2 min mark of the vid

Contact Waco84GN about little river David. JJ's run there enough times that he should be able to give you an idea of what to expect.;)

Guys I'm still working out the details but mark your calendar for March 29th 2014 that will be the day! Only 41/2 months away! :)