I-pad use for powerlogger data..?

spooledyou

I rip people off. Do not deal with me.
does anyone know if you can use an i-pad for running data with the powerlogger? i have to buy a new laptop and was thinking if i can use an ipad for that ill prolly buy one.. thanks

It doesn't right now. I'm not sure what is in the works, but there is a lot required at a low level to get the input from usb just in windows, so there'd have to be that support at the iOS level. One way to model it would be to create a windows device using the windows drivers and api in place now and have that box broadcast over bluetooth (or wifi to webservice) the data stream to an ipad application that would just consume the data from a high level standpoint without having to have a iOS usb driver support.

Hey, when I was in BG last October...... I spoke with Bob Bailey about make or converting the program to run on an iPad. Not only did he tell me no, it was a "Hell No"!!!! But I do believe that the iPad 2 would make a wonderful diag terminal. Especially if you have 3G, then you could upload realtime data from the track. Windows works good, but the PC take a lickin when going down the track. Now a Mac or PC with SSD would really work.

The issue is more one of "I have no way of doing that". Any Ios developers on here want to take it on? I will support the development with whatever info you might need.

But, I'm not optimistic.

B

I chat with a few iPhone hacker from time to time. I will drop them a line and see what they can do. Now we have to get the ECM Powerlogger to use a bluetooth dongle.

there is a way to mod a PL to communicate over bluetooth. It takes some work, and some hardware changes. It would use "SPP" mode over bluetooth.

It would not be "cheap".

The protocol is simple, the host (PC or whatever) sends a request, gets data.

Bob

I own an software and electronic engineering company and we do IPad and Iphone apps which interface with custom micro platforms using Bluetooth,wifi,etc. I'd really love to take it on being a TB enthusiast. On that note I'd also like to convert the XFI app to an IPad. It's all achievable technically speaking... It just takes some development time and money and effort to do and the buy-in of the electronics makers like FAST in order to get the info on their RS232 command protocols and registers. The iPad is an amazing tool for user interfaces and I believe it's enevitable that most things will be moving to an IPad or android devices for HMI (human machine interfaces).

Don

there is a way to mod a PL to communicate over bluetooth. It takes some work, and some hardware changes. It would use "SPP" mode over bluetooth.

It would not be "cheap".

The protocol is simple, the host (PC or whatever) sends a request, gets data.

Bob

This would be great to see. Either iOS or android version of the PL would be killer. I prefer iOS myself because there is less version fragmentation, more people are on the current version of iOS so hopefully less compatibility issues.

Any problems running a PL on a netbook (Dell inspiron 1018 or 1012) using Windows 7 or XP?

Any problems running a PL on a netbook (Dell inspiron 1018 or 1012) using Windows 7 or XP?

I currently run it on a Acer netbook and the only issue I have is the screen layout is just a bit too big.

I run on a netbook from Gateway but was wanting to know if anyone knows of a windows based tablet

The issue is more one of "I have no way of doing that". Any Ios developers on here want to take it on? I will support the development with whatever info you might need.

But, I'm not optimistic.

B

How about simply making a Powerlogger-to-OBDII converter? From there you can buy bluetooth-enabled OBD-II readers, etc and using the software that's already out there.

I know that this will break the iPad lovers heart, but Ubunto is writing an app for andriod so that you can run a virtual drive, i.e Windows. Then at that time you should be able to run the powerlogger. Only issue is the connection between device and EXM

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

How about simply making a Powerlogger-to-OBDII converter? From there you can buy bluetooth-enabled OBD-II readers, etc and using the software that's already out there.

Fine except the TR isn't ODB2. And the ALDL link is slow as hell.

I'm want to be able to customize the gauge colors, back ground color etc. or maybe the interface looking like a GNX dash with a few extra's added.....but it at least needs to go full screen with larger gauges :)
There should be a simple way to customize colors or back ground with an ini file shouldn't there ? just a thought.......