hydroboost setup???

I thought the power steering pump goes to the HB first and then the steering box. Should the filter be after the pump then?

I just finished my install today and I double checked with Bob the other day before installing the filter.....it goes between the steering box and reservoir (low pressure return line). I asked about running a filter between the hydroboost and reservoir and was told it wasn't necessary.

BTW.....I bow to anyone who pulled this install off in 4 hours like some have said. It's been one PITA after another. I also installed my Baer setup at the same time so once I bleed the brakes tomorrow I'm looking forward to seeing it's WHOA potential.

I thought the power steering pump goes to the HB first and then the steering box. Should the filter be after the pump then?

The filter should be placed between the steering box and hydroboost. You do not want debris coming out of the steering box and going into the hydroboost.

Hydroboost Conversion

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My company, Power Brake Service, is The Only Company Authorized by Bosch (who bought Bendix, and resumed production of their power brake units) to sell their New power brake units. Bosch only sells to the automakers, by contract. Bosch felt that PBS was qualified to be that Specialty Power Brake Distributor due to PBS's 60 year history. Power Brake Service has maintained a full installation and conversion shop for those 60 years, catering to the utility companies, Limo co's, the handicapped, G.M. Ford, Universal Studios, the military, etc. PBS was the innovator of Hydroboost conversions for all cars, such as Cobra's, Jeeps, F350's, off-road racing trucks, Limos, Tri 5's, Chevelles, etc. Vanco does not have the distributorship to buy new units from Bosch. Vanco can only sell reman units. Vanco has never performed any installations, as their shop is for bench rebuilding only. We also have rebuilts. We have been a rebuilder since 1950, long before Vanco, who started in 1980. If you really want to save the difference, we can supply those also. It is very difficult to test rebuilt hydroboosts, and is usually not done on a bench. I felt that the G.N. deserved the new unit, especially with all the difficulties of the P/M. So, it's like the menu at the restaurant. Select what you want.

Now Bob, I have called you before when I got a few phone calls informing me that you have been a bad boy saying things that are not quite true. With all the favors I've done for you, with me taking all those calls about how horrible things are for you, me truly caring about your business and you as a person I would think you wouldn't be talking trash. We had that conversation, all I asked was for you to tell the truth, to try and be a nice guy. Here I see just about everything I've heard is true, I can only imagine the phone conversations you've had with people about my company. The bolded parts are falsehoods (bolded means the big black letters), I'll give you this opportunity to correct them and I'll delete this post.

We know each other, you know how much I know about you. I can fill this page with information about Bob and his Company. Would you like me to do that?

Think back to a conversation we had when you where in deep financial and emotional trouble. Asking me how Vanco was doing and I explained how well we were doing. I explained the hydroboost, how I was mainly Off Road. You jumped on the bandwagon in the Hydroboost car division, I did nothing and said nothing. I was glad to see you getting out of the hole you were in. It didn't bother me that you were copying me, competition fuels the market to better products. I was glad to let you and Hydratech handle the performance cars.

1. The Only Company Authorized by Bosch Only you can prove this, please do so. It sounds so official, there must be some official piece of paper saying so.

2. PBS was the innovator of Hydroboost conversions for all cars. He said she said, wouldn't it be interesting if say these guys on the forum did some Internet searches? You know, combine words like my company name and yours, added Hydroboost conversion and see what came up?

3.Vanco has never performed any installations This is funny, hell I even make road trips! (I posted a URL here, but I don't have enough posts to do it. Try a search on Stu and Hydroboost and read about the trip I took to Phoenix to install 4 set ups). He's right in that my plant is a manufacturing plant. We don't have any lifts, however I can't count how many installs have been done here.

4. It is very difficult to test rebuilt hydroboosts, and is usually not done on a bench Perhaps if one say, ran a company but never rebuilt units or did installs personally I can see someone thinking this. But if you were heavy into rebuilding hydroboosts, custom making your own parts and doing many installs making a test bench would be the easiest thing in the world. As I did almost 20 years ago.

How's this for an interesting fact. When Bendix stopped selling Hydroboost to the public they sold all their new units they had to a Company Called Elder Rubber in Texas. I in turn bought all of the hydroboosts from Elder. I figured it was cheaper to just put new brackets and rods on the new units instead of rebuilding them here. Results: Of the first 50 units I sold I got 4-5 back, defective. Upon testing the new units on my bench tester I found 10% were bad, new from the box. Vanco rebuilts run a 99% defect ratio...

Hey Bob, would you like to discuss what happens when someone puts on a High pressure High flow pump built to operate beyond stock specs? Want to tell them what happens to that extra pressure once it hits the hydroboost? Explain how you fix it? Oh damn, that's right you don't know how! You'd have to you know, take it apart and stuff....

Van
Vanco Power Brake Supply
Vancopbs.com
800-256-6295
Vancopbs@aol.com
Fax 323-563-1588

Vanco Rebuilts Have A 99% Defect Ratio?

Well, gee, Van, I don't know if I would really brag about that. I forwarded on to Bosch your post. They were not impressed with your opinion that 10% of the NEW Hydroboosts don't, according to you, work. About 3 years ago, I forwared on to Bosch's attorneys about some guy named Hydratech, who was using "HYDROBOOSTDOTCOM" as HIS domain name.This domain would redirect any one to Mr. Hydratech's website. Hydratech is NOT a Bosch direct customer, neither is VANCO, NOR those other guys known as "ABS POWERBRAKE". Hydratech inferred that THEY were actually "BOSCH", and selling Bosch's NEW products. BOSCH sued HYDRATECH, and ah, WON. The decision is now posted on my website for anyone to see. My website is POWERBRAKESONLINE.COM Bosch is very aware of those companies that are selling "rebuilts" as NEW, and inferring that they are genuine BOSCH, by offering the rebuilts, but, conveniently leaving out the word "NEW BOSCH UNITS" I have seen your REBUILTS advertised for $900.00! HUH? No where in your ads do you mention that they are rebuilts! It took Bosch 3 years to nail Hydratech, because they had to go to the Fed Trade Commission to prove they own the word, and any variation of "HYDRO-BOOST". After they secured that, they then went after Hydratech. They proved it easily. NOW, they are after anyone using their TRADEMARK name HYDRO-BOOST, anyone claiming it is "OURS" not Bosch's, or, trying to COPYRIGHT the name HYDRO-BOOST. Van? As far as your installation shop, no one has ever seen it. The road trip you made to Arizona was to replace 4 of your DEFECTS on the same vehicle! I talked to the guy! As far as excessive pressure into the Hydro-boost? Nonsense! The Hydro-boost doesn't care about the pressure coming in. The piston only moves 1/4". The volume continues down to the box. The H/B can't explode. You have been "selling" your drilled out ports as the answer to off road steering. The port size doesn't matter. The fluid has to get around the spool valve. The botton line about restriction is the hose end fittings. You charge extra for that? As far as my "personal" problems, most people are aware of the fact that my former employees, The Gomez bros, Lucio, Pedro, Guillermo, (ABS POWERBRAKE) after entering the U.S. illegally, came to be employed by me as rebuilders. When they watched my success, and I purchased a new 20,000 sq ft bldg, they decided that they were entitled to own it, and everything my family worked for since 1950. They decided to STEAL it, (embezzle) They also stole my customer list. With that, they approached all my customers, and cut the price by 1. selling inventory stolen from me, calling me a "racist" , and other unmentionables. Soon, (1997) I had to file Chapter 11, and eventually lost my building. The Gomez's threaten me with violence when I tell that story, because they don't want anyone to know where they got their start. They advertise "SINCE 1979" They hadn't jumped the border until 1984, and worked for me until 1993. POWER BRAKE SERVICE, WAS, actually a BENDIX w.d. from 1977 until 1995, when Bosch bought their power brake division. We were also a Midland w.d., A.C. Delco, Euclid, Mico, Velvac, Dayton, Wagner, TRW, etc. Was VANCO ever any W.D.? Could Van Van Der Lip tell us about when his family was employed by CARTER PRECISION? Is it a similiar story to the Gomez"s? My employee, Robert Gallegos, worked with Ray Van Der Lip at CARTER PRECISION. Anything else? Oh, and, yes I do have a piece of paper from The Robert Bosch Corporation, entitled "SPECIALTY DISTRIBUTOR" with the "brakes" box checked. You? Bob Sweeting.

Well, gee, Van, I don't know if I would really brag about that. I forwarded on to Bosch your post. They were not impressed with your opinion that 10% of the NEW Hydroboosts don't, according to you, work. About 3 years ago, I forwared on to Bosch's attorneys about some guy named Hydratech, who was using "HYDROBOOSTDOTCOM" as HIS domain name.This domain would redirect any one to Mr. Hydratech's website. Hydratech is NOT a Bosch direct customer, neither is VANCO, NOR those other guys known as "ABS POWERBRAKE". Hydratech inferred that THEY were actually "BOSCH", and selling Bosch's NEW products. BOSCH sued HYDRATECH, and ah, WON. The decision is now posted on my website for anyone to see. My website is POWERBRAKESONLINE.COM Bosch is very aware of those companies that are selling "rebuilts" as NEW, and inferring that they are genuine BOSCH, by offering the rebuilts, but, conveniently leaving out the word "NEW BOSCH UNITS" I have seen your REBUILTS advertised for $900.00! HUH? No where in your ads do you mention that they are rebuilts! It took Bosch 3 years to nail Hydratech, because they had to go to the Fed Trade Commission to prove they own the word, and any variation of "HYDRO-BOOST". After they secured that, they then went after Hydratech. They proved it easily. NOW, they are after anyone using their TRADEMARK name HYDRO-BOOST, anyone claiming it is "OURS" not Bosch's, or, trying to COPYRIGHT the name HYDRO-BOOST. Van? As far as your installation shop, no one has ever seen it. The road trip you made to Arizona was to replace 4 of your DEFECTS on the same vehicle! I talked to the guy! As far as excessive pressure into the Hydro-boost? Nonsense! The Hydro-boost doesn't care about the pressure coming in. The piston only moves 1/4". The volume continues down to the box. The H/B can't explode. You have been "selling" your drilled out ports as the answer to off road steering. The port size doesn't matter. The fluid has to get around the spool valve. The botton line about restriction is the hose end fittings. You charge extra for that? As far as my "personal" problems, most people are aware of the fact that my former employees, The Gomez bros, Lucio, Pedro, Guillermo, (ABS POWERBRAKE) after entering the U.S. illegally, came to be employed by me as rebuilders. When they watched my success, and I purchased a new 20,000 sq ft bldg, they decided that they were entitled to own it, and everything my family worked for since 1950. They decided to STEAL it, (embezzle) They also stole my customer list. With that, they approached all my customers, and cut the price by 1. selling inventory stolen from me, calling me a "racist" , and other unmentionables. Soon, (1997) I had to file Chapter 11, and eventually lost my building. The Gomez's threaten me with violence when I tell that story, because they don't want anyone to know where they got their start. They advertise "SINCE 1979" They hadn't jumped the border until 1984, and worked for me until 1993. POWER BRAKE SERVICE, WAS, actually a BENDIX w.d. from 1977 until 1995, when Bosch bought their power brake division. We were also a Midland w.d., A.C. Delco, Euclid, Mico, Velvac, Dayton, Wagner, TRW, etc. Was VANCO ever any W.D.? Could Van Van Der Lip tell us about when his family was employed by CARTER PRECISION? Is it a similiar story to the Gomez"s? My employee, Robert Gallegos, worked with Ray Van Der Lip at CARTER PRECISION. Anything else? Oh, and, yes I do have a piece of paper from The Robert Bosch Corporation, entitled "SPECIALTY DISTRIBUTOR" with the "brakes" box checked. You? Bob Sweeting.

HUH?? :confused: What a bunch of jibberish... btw, size does matter, as does pressure, and flow volume, and too much of it is a bad thing which will cause 'issues' .... and test benches are easily designed.... by some..... oh well... for the record, you sound like my 15 yr. old daughter when I try to tell her something she doesn't like..... :rolleyes: I'll stick with vacuum and disappear now.... :smile:

HUH?? :confused: What a bunch of jibberish... btw, size does matter, as does pressure, and flow volume, and too much of it is a bad thing which will cause 'issues' .... and test benches are easily designed.... by some..... oh well... for the record, you sound like my 15 yr. old daughter when I try to tell her something she doesn't like..... :rolleyes: I'll stick with vacuum and disappear now.... :smile:

Cmon now, let's hear em out. If you will be sticking with vacuum, then leave.

Wow, if one of my kids wrote this I'd make them rewrite the damn thing so it's legible. You know Bob there's one thing I do, I tell the truth about everything. I don't suggest, I don't beat around the bush I just lay it down as it is and let the world decide. You on the other hand seem to not have these same morales, remember what you're saying, it's being saved and you are representing yourself. You're not anonymous at this time on this board.

Well, gee, Van, I don't know if I would really brag about that. I forwarded on to Bosch your post. They were not impressed with your opinion that 10% of the NEW Hydroboosts don't, according to you, work.

I am sure you did, maybe men in Black coats and briefcases will come to my door now. 10% of the new Hydroboosts I bought from Elder's stock of the Bendix buy out did not work. I tested them and fixed them. Notice how what I said and what you are saying is different?

About 3 years ago, I forwared on to Bosch's attorneys about some guy named Hydratech, who was using "HYDROBOOSTDOTCOM" as HIS domain name.This domain would redirect any one to Mr. Hydratech's website. Hydratech is NOT a Bosch direct customer, neither is VANCO, NOR those other guys known as "ABS POWERBRAKE". Hydratech inferred that THEY were actually "BOSCH", and selling Bosch's NEW products. BOSCH sued HYDRATECH, and ah, WON. The decision is now posted on my website for anyone to see. My website is POWERBRAKESONLINE.COM

I am glad you came out and said this to the world. Paul was probably one of the nicest, greatest people in the hydroboost world. His knowledge on them were ten times greater then yours. He sold hydroboosts and had a site called hydroboost.com. It's a rational thought to get that domain, damn smart of him. He never said he was Bosch or Bendix, he clearly put down what he did, he converted new hydroboosts to fit on cars. He did this WAY before you did.

Read this part, see what you are sowing out there...

We learn from the Response that Hydratech kits consist of HYDRO-BOOST units manufactured by Complainant, and adapted or modified by Hydratech without Complainant’s authorization. That is, Hydratech apparently is marketing non-genuine equipment, where units manufactured by Bosch, but altered or modified by Hydratech, are being used as parts for the final product. Therefore, contrary to Respondent’s allegation, the term “HYDROBOOST” cannot be an exact representation of Hydratech’s products. Hydratech is not an authorized distributor or reseller of Complainant’s goods marketing genuine goods, but a company selling equipment competing with Complainant’s HYDRO-BOOST units, and profiting from the use of the disputed domain name consisting of Complainant’s mark, to attract Internet users to its own website and business.

Him that sounds familiar, that sounds like someone I know. Do you know anyone doing that exact same thing and them listing them as "Bosch Hydroboosts" under their own damn site when clearly it's not a Bosch Hydroboost if you changed or altered them? If I were you I'd send Bosch another e-mail telling them why it was wrong of Paul but OK for Bob.

You and I both know he was never competing with Bosch. Bosch sold OEM he sold After market like you and I both do. But you where so butt hurt over losing your last court case you took it out on one of the best Hydroboost suppliers out there. Everything in that court case can be directly said about your own damn company.

Bosch is very aware of those companies that are selling "rebuilts" as NEW, and inferring that they are genuine BOSCH, by offering the rebuilts, but, conveniently leaving out the word "NEW BOSCH UNITS" I have seen your REBUILTS advertised for $900.00! HUH? No where in your ads do you mention that they are rebuilts!

Are you inferring that I am saying I sell new units? When the very post you read I state publicly that I only sell units that we rebuild in house? If you did an internet search you will see two things. One, we've never said we sold new hydroboost. Two, we've said thousands of times we only sell our rebuilts, our rebuilts no one elses.

I dare you to find one of these $900.00 units. This is another case of you telling lies Bob. You do realize the entire world can see this post right? They have your address and mine, our names and numbers. We exist and proof can easily be found. If you're going to say I have seen your REBUILTS advertised for $900.00! then you should be able to prove it, please do so.

As far as your installation shop, no one has ever seen it. The road trip you made to Arizona was to replace 4 of your DEFECTS on the same vehicle! I talked to the guy!

You did read my post right? Seeing me say I am a manufacturing plant not an installation shop? I don't have a lift. We have a driveway, that will fit one vehicle (it's a 10,000 square foot shop). In that driveway we've installed a crap load of systems. No one has seen it? Really? That would be another lie Bob, I don't know maybe you think gross exaggerations are fine, but if there's not one bit of truth in a statement then that statement is in fact a lie.

Four of my defects on the same vehicle? I called Stu to verify you made this call. Of course his answer was no, but maybe you didn't identify yourself? Wait a minute, how could you have contacted him? Please explain how it was you contacted him, remember you're stating facts, prove them.

Stu owns a TJ, on that TJ is a TC style pump with a clip on plastic reservoir. Up to that point my power steering supplier was selling a higher flow higher pressure pump, using the original reservoir. These pumps came in stock form with 4 different flow ratings, 2.2, 2.6, 2.8 and 3.0. Since we had some success we stuck with the 3.0s. In the end we found out the reservoir was the culprit, it was restricting the fluid to the pump. Since then we only sell remote reservoirs with the TC pumps.

It was a learning experience and something I am glad I did. While I was at the shop I installed another system on an XJ and fixed a second TJ. I forget if or what the 4th was.

So once again, you're flat out telling lies. Seeing a pattern here?

As far as excessive pressure into the Hydro-boost? Nonsense! The Hydro-boost doesn't care about the pressure coming in. The piston only moves 1/4". The volume continues down to the box. The H/B can't explode. You have been "selling" your drilled out ports as the answer to off road steering. The port size doesn't matter. The fluid has to get around the spool valve. The botton line about restriction is the hose end fittings. You charge extra for that?

I was really hoping you'd say something about this. This is the knowledge someone gains when they only sell a system that's made by someone else and they slap a bracket on it. You're thinking to yourself, hell I've sold quite a few of these things and I never remember any "Boom". Of course you don't, because you only deal with the hydroboost part. Ever hear of a power steering shaft sheering off? Ever hear of a new pump blowing a seal? Maybe you have, but it doesn't have anything to do with a hydroboost right?

Ever hear of a vehicle that had good steering, then they put your hydroboost on and the lost some/all of the steering, or perhaps lose their steering when they hit the brakes? Gotta be the pump right? Right? It couldn't be that the customer bought a high pressure, high flow pump and put it on. That maybe, just maybe the Hydroboost doesn't allow that extra flow through it, causes back pressure and "Boom".

You're right, drilling ports out don't do crap. That's not what I do. I do solve this problem, I do charge 100.00 extra to solve this problem. Not one complaint yet, of course it's hard to complain when someone with one job fixes both your steering and brakes.

As far as my "personal" problems, most people are aware of the fact that my former employees, The Gomez bros, Lucio, Pedro, Guillermo, (ABS POWERBRAKE) after entering the U.S. illegally, came to be employed by me as rebuilders. When they watched my success, and I purchased a new 20,000 sq ft bldg, they decided that they were entitled to own it, and everything my family worked for since 1950. They decided to STEAL it, (embezzle) They also stole my customer list. With that, they approached all my customers, and cut the price by 1. selling inventory stolen from me, calling me a "racist" , and other unmentionables. Soon, (1997) I had to file Chapter 11, and eventually lost my building. The Gomez's threaten me with violence when I tell that story, because they don't want anyone to know where they got their start. They advertise "SINCE 1979" They hadn't jumped the border until 1984, and worked for me until 1993. POWER BRAKE SERVICE, WAS, actually a BENDIX w.d. from 1977 until 1995, when Bosch bought their power brake division. We were also a Midland w.d., A.C. Delco, Euclid, Mico, Velvac, Dayton, Wagner, TRW, etc.

You see that's the thing that gets me. I was there for you when all this was happening. I was on the phone with you for hours and hours at a time, offering advice, a shoulder and rooting you on. I befriended someone in trouble, I felt you were right and I hoped it worked out for you. I even allowedd your lawyers to call and speak to me and offered them my help. When we talked about what Vanco was doing after you lost that court case the people here thought I was crazy helping you in the ways I did. But you know what? You were a damn good guy at the time and I didn't mind helping someone who I considered a friend. The same way I would help Paul today from Hydratech if he ever asked anything of me.

We may be competitors, but I was taught long ago and believe that competition is great and if the guy you're competing with is a good guy then treat him as so. There's a reason I'd never ever in my life do business with ABS, you know some of them but the list is long.

I don't know what happened to you in the last few years Bob, but I don't like what I see. I was also taught to stand your ground and tell the truth, that's what you're getting from me. I'ts my belief sooner or later you'll stop this bull **** and man up.

Was VANCO ever any W.D.? Could Van Van Der Lip tell us about when his family was employed by CARTER PRECISION? Is it a similiar story to the Gomez"s? My employee, Robert Gallegos, worked with Ray Van Der Lip at CARTER PRECISION. Anything else? Oh, and, yes I do have a piece of paper from

You want the story? OK!

In the early 1960s my father opened up a Power Brake business with Ronny Bush (Bush's son is now in San Diego with his own brake business). My father did all the vacuum set ups and Ronny did the air set ups.

In 1968 (2 months after I was born) Carter Precision offered to buy my father's business. My mother being the smart person she is said "Fine, but tell them the cost is the down payment on a new house!". The deal was done, he went to work for Carter and we got our new house.

It was a damn good relationship and he ran their Power Brake Division solo. He trained all the men, made all the catalogs etc. The owners and he got along wonderfully and he was paid well enough to put 7 kids through Catholic School, sports etc. We were not well off by any means, lots of hot dogs and casseroles, but steaks a few times a month too. He was the top of his field, which I assure you anyone working with him would verify.

In 1983 Carter hired some New York guys to help out the business. Their way of doing things was not up to par with the way things my Father did. To say they didn't agree would be an understatement, but he went along with the game. It was when they explained to him that he was the highest paid supervisor there and that he wouldn't be receiving any raises for the foreseeable future that he became a little pissed. He put in his notice.

In 1984 we opened up Vanco Power Brake Supply. Within a couple years we're were supplying just about every Warehouse in Southern California. Then the competition came in with their 55% discounts and we starting specializing in making vehicles stop, more over then just supplying boosters. It's been highly rewarding. I am very proud of my father, what he did and what he's created in this business.

I've been working here under him since I was 16 years old along with my brother Eddie (who was 18). I've rebuilt countless of thousands of boosters since them as has Eddie. I was rebuilding for a good 5 years before I was ever allowed to tackle a tech phone call. I was teching another 5 years with my Father's presence before he trusted me with his customers. Another 5 years before I was allowed to pretty much take control of Vanco and run with it. So you can say I started at the bottom and worked my way up. We know the inners and outters of everything there is to know about boosters, vacuum and hydraulic. We're still here to this day and will be until we retire. My Father passed away awhile back but we keep his company strong and his knowledge going.

Do you want to discuss what you did for your families Business (what was your job, rebuilding experience personally, installation experience personally)? Want to discuss the family problems on who thought they deserved what and who got screwed and the bickering? I wouldn't if I were you, because you know family is family, but I don't mind sharing my story.

The Robert Bosch Corporation, entitled "SPECIALTY DISTRIBUTOR" with the "brakes" box checked. You? Bob Sweeting.

That's your "Official Bosch Hydroboost Supplier" thing? You said
The Only Company Authorized by Bosch (who bought Bendix, and resumed production of their power brake units) to sell their New power brake units.
and you show me something every warehouse I know of has? Any Bosch Supplier has the same exact thing. You sell Bosch products and you choose to buy the hydroboosts. That's nothing different than anyone else with Bosch painted on the side of their building as an official Bosch supplier and there's dozens of them in Southern California alone!

One other thing that interests me, if rebuilts are so bad and they can't be tested correctly then why did you say you could sell them a rebuilt? Who's rebuilding it and how is it tested? Why would you sell something you believe is inferior and untestable just to make a buck? That's a double standard there.

We have a few rules here at Vanco. If a hydroboost is sent to us new or used we are going to go through it and test it. If a rebuilt by another company is sent to use we'll use the rod and bracket possibly but will toss the hydroboost itself into the metal bin (for the most part, there's one company I do trust). I stick to these rules and until something convinces me my way is not the best way that's not going to change.

You however? You will slam rebuilts but if the customer wants something cheaper and you can save the sale you'll use them?

I will put my systems built by us against anyones. I will put my tech service against anyones. I live and breathe Vanco, it's in my dreams. Anyone can do a search on us and see what we are about, I am an open book. There's no question about my business I won't answer with 100% openness and honesty.

I am telling you to stop these lies. I don't know what's going on in your head. I can't fathom how you think you can type these things and not know they will be called the lies they are. You're an angry man, I suggest you get your head fixed.

Van
Vanco Power Brake Supply
Vancopbs.com
800-256-6295
Vancopbs@aol.com

I will need to call Van to spend some more money fixing the problems I have with Bobs system. I would have dealt some more and worked out my issues with Bob, but it seems he does not have any answers or even a requirement to return messages when a customer has problems. Nice way to run a company................

I will need to call Van to spend some more money fixing the problems I have with Bobs system. I would have dealt some more and worked out my issues with Bob, but it seems he does not have any answers or even a requirement to return messages when a customer has problems. Nice way to run a company................

Ditto on that, he seems to be pissing some people off. C1RUN, where are you from? I am just southwest of chicago.

PowerBrakeBob,

I installed HB years ago using a 85 HB & am pleased with the results. I also installed 12" Baer front brakes with goog results - had to use 84 / 85 GN wheels for clearance or use spacers. My TR with 84 85 GN wheels looks same as with the original TR aluminum wheels.

My question: How did GM get the TTR work satisfactorly? :confused: I'm not contemplating vacuum, just curious.

Roger

Just read the whole thread. and I must still ask.. is Bob still selling these kits? I see that the thread is a few years old.. ANY changes, good or bad?? I would like to buy a whole kit.

Just read the whole thread. and I must still ask.. is Bob still selling these kits? I see that the thread is a few years old.. ANY changes, good or bad?? I would like to buy a whole kit.
Powerbrake Bob and his son were banned some time ago. His info was bogus as well as most of his parts.;) Sad to say but he's from kali and that answers a lot of questions about him.:mad:

ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1387215857.270030.jpg

powerbrakes.net