Huntsville race

I plan on going at least on Saturday. I'd like to go watch the guys race in NMRA on Sunday at Reynolds, and see if Kolivas can follow up his first win of the season with a second in his turbo Mustang. I have made up my mind about that yet.

I am sure Dusty will be there if he can get off work.
His car will not be ready though.

I wanted to go race 7.0 heads up but the wife is fussing cause I didnt ware a helmet the last time to the track.

I'll be there all weekend. Plans are for me to drive Alan Kennedy's mustang in EZ Street.

Dusty,
Sounds like you will be busy. But if you can or maybe one of they guys in your crew ..can they take some pics of Stacks car for me. Ill take any shot but preferably engine and turbo shots ! Thanks

Ya'll should smack me. I was at the track all weekend with him in Hattiesburg and forgot the camera again:rolleyes:

He won stock suspension. All 4 passes Sunday were 5.05, 5.03, 5.01, 5.09 all around 152. 2 weeks ago it went 4.92 at Huntsville. You'd be suprised how much is left in it but the tires won't hold it. Makes me feel real good about my car when I get it going.

Louie what kind of car is it and I will take some picks and email them to you.

Its the one John described. Its probably the only Red Monte with the turbo behind the grille. If either of you can get em pictures, Id appreciate it.:wink:

Thanks

Dusty Wrecked on HP TV

I just saw clips of the ORSCA Huntsville race on HP TV. It had a shot of what looked like Shane Stack taking out the 330 timers and a Camaro crossing in to Dusty's lane and wrecking him. The clips were short but they looked like what I remember from the race.

Any pics ?;) :eek:

Sort of....

Here's a couple phone pics of the Mustang I'll be driving this weekend. I'll get some better one's when I get it out of the shop in a few days.

Attachments

• Alan2.jpg
    Alan2.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 319
  • Alan3.jpg
    Alan3.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 289
  • Alan4.jpg
    Alan4.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 321
Dusty,

Did he change the turbo also???

Yes, Y2K 82 is off and Y2K 88 is on.

He bought into the track rental at Huntsville on Thursday so I'll be shaking it down and trying to get a handle on the 7531 box so we should have some good info going into Friday night testing.

Yes, Y2K 82 is off and Y2K 88 is on.

He bought into the track rental at Huntsville on Thursday so I'll be shaking it down and trying to get a handle on the 7531 box so we should have some good info going into Friday night testing.

Dusty,

Will a real 88MM be able to compete?
What numbers are you hoping for?

Dusty,

Will a real 88MM be able to compete?
What numbers are you hoping for?

No it won't. When this car was built the turbo was mounted to close to the hood and nothing larger than a Y2K series will fit. If he decides to run some outlaw stuff he'll move the turbo. This car consistently 60's in the 1.31-1.34 range so I'm hoping for 5.20's at 137. It should weigh barely over 3200 so it's possible. It needs the taller 295 MT or a higher gear from it's current combo but we're out of time so we'll do what we can this weekend. We already know of 2 cars that will go low 4.90's and I bet at least 1 more will also, 5.20's won't get it done.

Stack's Car

Louie,
Here are a few pics of Shane's car that I took at Huntsville yesterday. He went 4.96 @ 150+ first round of qualifying. That's a bad G-body!

Attachments

• stacks1.JPG
    stacks1.JPG
    89.8 KB · Views: 250
  • stacks3.JPG
    stacks3.JPG
    92.4 KB · Views: 266
  • stacks5.JPG
    stacks5.JPG
    71.7 KB · Views: 279
  • stacks7.JPG
    stacks7.JPG
    34.7 KB · Views: 248
  • joeelmore1.JPG
    joeelmore1.JPG
    70.1 KB · Views: 266
Louie,
Here are a few pics of Shane's car that I took at Huntsville yesterday. He went 4.96 @ 150+ first round of qualifying. That's a bad G-body!

Kevin,

May I please have the full sized pictures when you get a chance?

Thanks in advance.