Humbled smack talker SRT4 tonight

OK OKKKKK both cars are fast. Theres no doubt about it.. Well see whos the fastest in a minute here though. As far as front wheel drive cars sucking? Why do you guys think this? FWD cars handle WAY better than ANY rwd cars. What I dont get is, why do fwd cars have traction problems? I thought the more weight on the drive tires the better?

Turbo6Smackdown said:
What I dont get is, why do fwd cars have traction problems? I thought the more weight on the drive tires the better?

Are you being serious or what?

FWD have traction issue's in there street trim because of weight distribution. :D

Turbo6Smackdown said:
OK OKKKKK both cars are fast. Theres no doubt about it.. Well see whos the fastest in a minute here though. As far as front wheel drive cars sucking? Why do you guys think this? FWD cars handle WAY better than ANY rwd cars. What I dont get is, why do fwd cars have traction problems? I thought the more weight on the drive tires the better?
Are you kidding me? I guarantee you my TTA will out handle his FWD SRT any day of the week...They have traction problems because when any car launches all the weight is thrown back thus removing it from the front wheels. I really hope you were being sarcastic...

Jason

Quiky One said:
Are you kidding me? I guarantee you my TTA will out handle his FWD SRT any day of the week...They have traction problems because when any car launches all the weight is thrown back thus removing it from the front wheels. I really hope you were being sarcastic...

Jason

well thew cure to that would be jack it up in the back and put some 22's or 24's on it :)

Well if FWD cars handle so much better. Why is nascar been using a RWD car @ 180 mph?

darkred87T said:
They don't. My Grand Am lauches waaaay better than my T-type. :p

if only your grand am had that kind of torque :) junk ass 2.4L quad junk

SloGN said:
if only your grand am had that kind of torque :) junk ass 2.4L quad junk
I think it runs great. It only has 51K miles on it right now but it's been more than reliable so far.

I've heard alot of trash being thrown around and no one to do the cleaning up !!! This has got to be one of the best threads i've read in a long, long, long, time ! Challenges were made, money put on the line, specifics of car capabilities, videos to be shot by multible friends, more trash talking, weather difficulties, commitments to the job at hand that delays what was originally suppose to be an all out, "run what ya brung"to race throwdown !!! So.....alot of us are still waiting for the showdown that seems to be winding down to nothing but another lost thread that just dies away. :confused: who really cares about what the cars were worth then, and now, 1980's dollars vs 2000's dollars ?? Money put into this vs money put into that ?? This system supports that amount of boost vs stage 2,3,4, whatever. The bottom line is that two gentleman had a race and the outcome was disputed right ?? One called on the other to state that the outcome of the race was in dispute. Both challengers appear to be knowledgable about what they are saying concerning thier car's capabilities in an all out, straight-line drag race, with the exception of going from a dig to a roll start. So...... after all the BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, stuff.......I'm fairley certain that the majority of us TR owners, plus a few neon SRT4 fans would really appreciate if the S**T talking stops, the race to happen as stated prior, and the videos of this challenge posted by the many, onlookers, as was stated in the beginning of this thread ! So you guys talked the talk....now walk the walk !!!! Do it fair and be safe !! :smile: :smile:

as far as the weight being thrown up off of the drive wheels on a fwd car .. i never really put much thought on it to be honest lol. (i know, i should have thought a little more) it was just a question though.

But, as far as overall handling. (not launch, quickness or just pure cornering..) but overall handling, all the fwd cars in my family, have always handled better than rear wheel cars. Oh well, i guess that too can vary.

The last time I talked to Alaskabuick ,, he was in town and ready but the guy with the SRT4 was down in anchorage ..

justabuickv6 said:
I can't believe I read all 5 pages and there hasn't been a race.

Yeah this thread should be locked.
Start a new one when the time comes...