Huge lack of power

Come to the best guess that my converter is bad, car runs the same at 16 psi or 25 psi. I actually pulled my motor for basic gasket changes and slight rebuild. Going to replace a few possible issues and I'm going to ship converter out to be cut open and checked. At this point not sure if I'm going to go through bottom end, roller cam, head work, etc.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I had the same issue and thought it was the converter so bought a new one. When I started cranking up the boost I realized that high gear is slipping instead so a new trans will be ordered.

ks

Seems to, racing and driving it has not changed at all, drives fine and rpm seemed normal through range, just doesnt move very fast

Sent from my SPH-L710 using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

I had a similar issue my fuel pressure was rising 1 for 1 all the way up to 12lbs of boost then it dropped off . Double check pressure is 1 for 1 and is holding at all boost levels

how do u confirm that other than trying to watch both gauges @ the same time?

Do u have a power logger ? U can record both then review or u can have someone else watch it while u hold steady at different boost levels

Shipped converter to PTC, turns out the turbine fins and pump fins were bent and torn up. So happy to finally find the problem. PTC with great customer service and a full rebuild at a good price. Apparently the Art Carr conv was built improper as PTC said fins werent originally installed correctly. Thanks to everyone for your help

Did they mention if the converter had ballooned any? Might want to check the trust clearance on your crank. When I had this happen, it took the trust bearing out. Actually, it took the the trust bearing out twice, before I figured out what was wrong.:confused:

They told me it must have been built on a Friday, fins werent welded fully or correctly apparently

Sent from my SPH-L710 using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app