Engine Rebuild help

ringman

Hello all, pulling motor in the next few weeks. Originally was going to change all gaskets, and clean up, but now I'm thinking while its out freshening it up. Its a 64k mile motor, cars gone 11.9@114 a few years back, but since then added a few new parts with intentions of running 11.40s, but couldn't sort out issues.

I'm pretty sure I want to do a roller cam kit, new gaskets, new timing chain. I don't want to spend a million dollars, so my questions are bang for the buck what would you recommend? I don't have a time goal, but I would like to go 10's potentially. Is the roller cam kit worth the initial cost? Would you ring it, hone it? Forged pistons? Girdle...etc etc

My other question is....while its apart would you go bigger valves and port heads yourself? Or leave them alone? I don't think i can afford gn1 heads at this time, but possibly?

Currently its a virgin motor, with cpt62 ball bearing turbo, fmic, 60lb injectors, alcohol, built trans with transbrake and 3500 stall art carr conv(I'm pretty sure my converter is bad, so I'll be upgrading here too)

Thanks for any help

With 64K I wouldn't open it unless I absolutely had to.

If you do open it up and do a full rebuild, I would pocket port the heads, oil mods on the block, bigger Ferrea valves, seals on all 12, roller cam, and oversized forged pistons.