How many TTAs made in 89?

86brick

It's just a V6 Brick.....
Does anybody know how many TTAs were built in 89? I know the number isn't very high, but I was wondering the exact number, although, a while back I think I heard there were around 2,000 built??? Thanks in advance:)

Sorry guys,

The other 5 was testmules from -88

T-Top and leather 1.324
T-Top and cloth 187
Hardtop and leather 24
Hardtop and cloth 15

Thanks again for your responses

The hardtop and cloth interior cars must be pretty hard to find, but if I was going to buy a TTA I'd want the leather and T-Top car... I guess the test mules were destroyed or used as actual pace cars?

I know one hardtop/cloth for sale, 700 miles on it.

4 testmules was destroyed, 1 survived....lives together today with the only TTA convertible.

Testmules was bright red metallic.

so they made 1555 then right?

If you count which ones were destroyed then you need to count the totals from accidents too.

There were undoubtablly a couple that were never offered forsale and kept by dealer owners as well, so those wouldn t count either.

As well as any of the pace cars that were given in some for or another to someone........

Either way.........theres still a few around.

Jon,

I´m not counting the cars who was destroyed in accidents, only the true pace cars from -89.
Test mules was from -88

And yes, i do know plenty of them that still haven´t got any miles on them yet, still in plastic and some of them are for sale.
For example, i know they have 3 or 4 of them in Canada that are brand new.

Then you can count it how you want but there was only 1550 made -89 and those numbers are correct.

wow still new!

How much do the still new cars go for?

There still owned by dealers?

Thats pretty cool..........what about warantee????

Originally posted by The Swede
Sorry guys,

The other 5 was testmules from -88

T-Top and leather 1.324
T-Top and cloth 187
Hardtop and leather 24
Hardtop and cloth 15

Nope 1555 including the 5 pilot cars of which the #3 pilot was made intot he convertible.

There were 18 total prototype cars of which 3 are still in exist. those were 88 model cars and only 1 digital dash car. it resides in atlanta with the convertible, and approx 202 cloth interior cars.

BUT to answer the question the t-top cars inthe F body are NOT IMHO as troublesome as the GN/T. much easier to replace the weatherstripping and cheaper.

86brick

How is the the Alchohol kit going? You were getting a dual nozzle setup right? I wanted to get one for my TTA. I wanted to get some feedback from you when you had a chance to test it.

TTAs are definitely cool. I have never owned a car that so many people want to talk about. Mine sat in front of my Dad's shop for two months and I couldn't believe how many people actually
DID know what it was, and wanted to buy it off of me. Hell I hadn't even had time to work on it yet.

Good luck with your search.

BTW: I will be looking for a TR to keep the TTA company.

Later....

bsdlinux

I got the kit about a week ago, but haven't had anytime to install it... I'll most likely have some time in the up coming week and when I put it on and test it I'll post my results:) My goal is to be able to run 22 to 23lbs of boost with no knock, and from what I was told there has been several guys running 25lbs of boost with the right tune on the dual nozzel setup with no knock, so it shouldn't be that hard... I'll probably have the alky come on around 16lbs to be safe:cool: As far as the TTA's I would love to own one in the future, and I think it would be pretty neat to have the two fastest turbo cars that came out of Detroit:D

Jon,

The "new" cars i have heard about in Canada are owned by private collectors, and they are shy and we will leave them alone.

The last "new" car that was up for sale had 50 miles and was still in plastic, asking price was $25.000 if i remembered it right.
Got one mail after the deal and got the selling price but i was tould to keep it for myself.
Another 50 mile TTA sleeps between the -88 testmule and the TTA convertible in Atlanta.