How Fast On A True Hot Air?

People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. Don't make post that trash others if you don't want a response back. This site is here to help us try to do better, not tear someone else down cause they're doing what you only dream about. Let's play nice now.

Not at all. Just saying people shouldn't throw around opinions if there are no facts behind what they said. Not going to say any name in particular. But not you at all. I didn't see anywhere where you tried to tear anyone down... Sorry if you thought that was towards you it wasn't. Never was. Just think we should support one another, not tear someone down cause they accomplish the goal we all would like to achieve.

b4black,
Thanks for the info on the driver side header and crossover! So thats why ATR sells their headers separately? Hey guys, this was the best string I have read yet on this board!

hey

he was talking to me because he thought i was bashing lee but in fact i wasnt.

brent

Correction, She was not talking to anyone in particular and you may want to quit assuming what you don't know. Seems that assuming gets you in trouble. Get your facts straight.

Another great informative thread ..... from the dead! :eek:
Still very applicable. Same questions, different times .........;)

Well,
There are some new members in this forum with questions that are answered in this thread. :biggrin:
If you read this thread and treat it as a “technical article”, not as “chatter”, and bypass the extracurricular, you will see why I thought it was worth a bump. :cool:

Oh yeah ........
Looks like it was a great way to bring "you" back from the dead my friend. ;)

Well,
There are some new members in this forum with questions that are answered in this thread. :biggrin:
If you read this thread and treat it as a “technical article”, not as “chatter”, and bypass the extracurricular, you will see why I thought it was worth a bump. :cool:

Oh yeah ........
Looks like it was a great way to bring "you" back from the dead my friend. ;)
:tongue:

you can thank websense for that. our directors thought that internet access should be 100% business only. our IT guy is a car guy so ls2.com and tb.com "slipped" through the cracks. either that or tb.com is small enough to slip under big brother's radar :eek:

what made you bump this jerryl?

Oh, BTW a few things I found intriguing in this thread;
1. Look how many very knowledgeable people have left the hot side in search of greener pastures
2. Look at the challenges, not much different. After all, the cars have not changed, and neither have the basics.
3. Looks at the times people put down. Respectable than, and still respectable now!
4. Look at the times and how far some of the current members have come. Some are running quite a bit faster now.
5. Look at the advice that used to be given. Still applies and lots of sharing.

Oh, BTW a few things I found intriguing in this thread;
1. Look how many very knowledgeable people have left the hot side in search of greener pastures
2. Look at the challenges, not much different. After all, the cars have not changed, and neither have the basics.
3. Looks at the times people put down. Respectable than, and still respectable now!
4. Look at the times and how far some of the current members have come. Some are running quite a bit faster now.
5. Look at the advice that used to be given. Still applies and lots of sharing.
1 and 2 hit me as sad... i have come back from time to time hoping to see some familiar faces and so many are not only gone from the hotair side but just gone period. great guys i grew up with on the internet in #buickgn from 11 years ago are just MIA. #2 being that there havent been huge strides made since i stepped out of the scene... even big names such as caspers getting made an example by the govt and almost going away completely.

3 is getting iffy as we now have family sedans in the 13s

4 and 5 are inspiring

:redface:

#2 being that there havent been huge strides made since i stepped out of the scene...
3 is getting iffy as we now have family sedans in the 13s

:redface:

#2 - I have to disagree with this one.
Look at the development of the alky systems with TT WB closed loop technology in a stock 87 ECM, combined with the Power Logger.

#3 - True, but those are BIG motors with HIGH TECH electronics. :eek:
They are "supposed to" run 13's ........... with a good driver, for $80K. :tongue:

#2 - I have to disagree with this one.
Look at the development of the alky systems with TT WB closed loop technology in a stock 87 ECM, combined with the Power Logger.

#3 - True, but those are BIG motors with HIGH TECH electronics. :eek:
They are "supposed to" run 13's ........... with a good driver, for $80K. :tongue:

#2... i guess i havent stumbled across that yet. i like my propane better tho :tongue:

and #3... im talking VQ powered nissan maximas and stuff... nothing $80k

#2... i guess i havent stumbled across that yet. i like my propane better tho :tongue:

Yeah, not experience with propane, but, I am sure it works very well!

I am sure you will agree that for the “Underprivileged Many” :wink:, who do not have access to a propane kit and the chip tech, Alky is the answer.
And for "that group" of Hot Air/Rod Enthusiasts, there is a lot of new technology out.

The rest of the parts (Ported heads, roller cams, blah blah) is old technology, although the processes to get these parts made are alot more advanced (I am sure)

Even with propane, you can still run Power Logger though. :cool:
That is a great advancement in technology as well. :cool:
It the end, it all comes doens to the definition of "Technology", "New stuff" and a person's goals .... I guess.

Jerryl, thanks for bumping this article. This thing is definately a wealth of informaton. Really worthy stuff here. The one question I have though is to TType84. You ran that 13.96 without alky? Just curious since there wasn't any mention of it. (Tell me if I overlooked that)

Jerryl, thanks for bumping this article. This thing is definately a wealth of informaton. Really worthy stuff here. The one question I have though is to TType84. You ran that 13.96 without alky? Just curious since there wasn't any mention of it. (Tell me if I overlooked that)

1.911 60ft, 13.6@98mph, you screwed me out of almost 4 tenths!

running stock wheels and bfg radial t/a crap tires

electric fan conversion ($25)
home depot cold air kit, ($13)
87 ECM ($15)
jay carter low timing-hi boost chip ($20)
mark martone adj fp regulator ($0)
ATR stainless up pipe (stock was trashed, $90)

oh, and i put a nut between the stock DP flange and the stock cat and threaded a bolt through it so there was about 1/2" gap to let excess pressure out.

thats it.

That's all you did and you ran a 13.6? (Oh and, sorry for screwing you out of your 4 tenths of a second. :D )

That's pretty good for a car that was only having under 200 dollars put into its actual upgrades to achieve such a time.

Is that on top of all of the other basic mods? 340 Walbro Fuel Pump and all the other basic things?

I guess it cannot hurt to see if I can get the same time. If anything, I'll at least run a low 14. Which beats the stock 15 second quarter mile these cars run. Then I can move from there. Thanks! (Also, anybody have any idea if any of our guys with Spearco's are going to be selling again soon)

-Saladin

I will be selling a TurbMotion intake and pipes and a
86/87 intake setup with a JS Mfg upper plenum, too,
very shortly. I can sell the JS setup much sooner than the
TurboMotion setup. Can deliver both to BG in May, though.