Holy EFR Batman!

I'm waiting for some results before I pull the trigger on a new turbo, hopefully there will be some results posted within the next two months as that's when i would like to get my next turbo.

Brian, from what you know so far about these new turbos what would you expect it to run [EFR 9180] T4 twin scroll

Low 10's at what boost level???
The engine would determine what it will run at what boost level. You'd be right in the middle of the map to run low 10's in a full weight car. My hyd cammed 3.8 stock stroke which is capable of being driven thousands of miles runs about 140 mph in the quarter with a 70gtq @24-25psi with an alky/93 tune. I'd expect the same with the 9180 at the same boost but I'd expect the 9180 to really walk away with the rpm over 5800 and boost in the 33-35psi range. Charge air temps in the 70's with alky and 110-120's with no alky @33psi. You can put whatever turbo on whatever engine but the results on each will be quite different for each. Very few on here are out of turbo.

140 trap would put you around high to mid nines with over 750HP in a full weight car with either turbo.

The difference from how I understand you is that the B/W would take about ten more lbs. of boost to achieve what the 70gtq would do at 24 lbs. .

The compressor of that turbo looks like a small version of the "prior" PTE 71GTQ - which was definitely a borg warner wheel from what I heard.

140 trap would put you around high to mid nines with over 750HP in a full weight car with either turbo.

The difference from how I understand you is that the B/W would take about ten more lbs. of boost to achieve what the 70gtq would do at 24 lbs. .
That's incorrect. If you look at the maps both work better at higher pressure ratios than I ran at but was on 93/alky for the mph posted and in the mass flow danger zone for the front of the engine so I didn't turn it up. The engine was run in that configuration for almost two years. With boost in the 30+psi range the t70 would have supported a lot more mass flow no doubt. The 9180 stays really fat between 3 and 4:1. Likely over 90lbs/min on my engine. Also I'd expect the 9180 to spool about 3 times as fast with no other changes. The same engine cranked out 592whp@22psi 65lbs/min with a 60-1 P, 655whp?(can't remember exactly)@24psi with a crappy t-netics cast 66 72-73lbs/min, and 697whp@29psi 78lbs /min with a 6265. I'm pretty sure I got a 72 P to make 680ish with boost in the 26-27psi range also on the same engine. About 77bs/min through an old P trim turbine. If you look at the map for the 60-1 it doesn't even flow enough air on paper to support what it made. I'll take the 9180 to the shaft speed limit.and see what it will do. I'll bet it will outperform all of them and spool faster.

That's incorrect. If you look at the maps both work better at higher pressure ratios than I ran at but was on 93/alky for the mph posted and in the mass flow danger zone for the front of the engine so I didn't turn it up. The engine was run in that configuration for almost two years. With boost in the 30+psi range the t70 would have supported a lot more mass flow no doubt. The 9180 stays really fat between 3 and 4:1. Likely over 90lbs/min on my engine. Also I'd expect the 9180 to spool about 3 times as fast with no other changes. The same engine cranked out 592whp@22psi 65lbs/min with a 60-1 P, 655whp?(can't remember exactly)@24psi with a crappy t-netics cast 66 72-73lbs/min, and 697whp@29psi 78lbs /min with a 6265. I'm pretty sure I got a 72 P to make 680ish with boost in the 26-27psi range also on the same engine. About 77bs/min through an old P trim turbine. If you look at the map for the 60-1 it doesn't even flow enough air on paper to support what it made. I'll take the 9180 to the shaft speed limit.and see what it will do. I'll bet it will outperform all of them and spool faster.

Try it ... it won't spool faster .. the EFR's spool damn fast

I'll take the 9180 to the shaft speed limit.and see what it will do. I'll bet it will outperform all of them and spool faster.

I'll be looking forward to the results of that test.

Will you be testing the same exact spec turbo that the OP is using or will you go with bigger wheels and/or different A/R??

??? My comment was the EFR likely spools 3 times as fast with no other change.

I don't know if it would be that drastic .. but its a noticeable difference over a ball bearing ..

I can't comment on those exact turbo's .. but from what I've seen on their smaller turbo's your talking a 10% over a ball bearing and 20% over a journal everything equal.

The only issue with the EFR that can be noticed is it loses a tad because of the recirc valve ..
I know others are not sleeping either as they are developing new tech that will further improve performance...

Its amazing how much better these turbo's are than crap we ran 15 years ago .. even 5 years ago

I'll be looking forward to the results of that test.

Will you be testing the same exact spec turbo that the OP is using or will you go with bigger wheels and/or different A/R??
I'll be using whatever I need to optimize the combo. I may use an old t4 ex housing and will use the most a/r I can. The 9180 is the largest of the EFR and I plan on working it till I'm at the over speed line

Turbo89 it's amazing how slow people are going with all these new high tech turbos. Read some of the time slip and combo threads. Plenty of cars off a second from where they should be. Guys still run 11's with a stock turbo and some can't do it with larger than stock and lots of other fancy crap

Turbo89 it's amazing how slow people are going with all these new high tech turbos. Read some of the time slip and combo threads. Plenty of cars off a second from where they should be. Guys still run 11's with a stock turbo and some can't do it with larger than stock and lots of other fancy crap

I would agree.. but I've tried the EFR's on another application ... these turbo's don't F around .... they will out spool hands down all the old school junk ...
there was a time when H3's and hi fi's and on centers were the shiznitz ... those times have come and gone ..
and once people figure them out I would be willing to bet you will see a lot more of them... the other issue that a lot are faced with is packaging .. they aren't bolt on yet.

BTW .. 11's on a stock Turbo .... only a few guys can do this ... that turbo is out of its zone and wont last long in the 11's

Many have tried ... Stock unopened up motor.. stock turbo .. this is what separates the men from the boys ... only seen a few

I'm running 10.70's with a stock turbo it's not that hard. The trick is to run a front mount in combination with a WTA cooler with a 200 shot of NOS and alky.

Nice turbo! The compressor is similar size of a pte 62mm. 6262 turbo measures 62/82 compressor and 72/62 turbine. So it should be comparable to a 6265 which is probably something like 64/74 on the turbine.

I was down at RC's this evening and he had an EFR there. For those that havent seen one up close I took a few pics of it.... Very nice looking piece
20140104_201903 (Medium).jpg
20140104_201931 (Medium).jpg
20140104_202028 (Medium).jpg
20140104_202039 (Medium).jpg
20140104_202117 (Medium).jpg
20140104_202146 (Medium).jpg
20140104_202219 (Medium).jpg