General Finish/Paint Care Questions

mtbraun

What's everyone using for washing and waxing their TBs? I am reluctant to use the wand brush at my local car wash for fear of the dreaded swirling on my GN. Does anybody handwash? If so what do you use for a utensil and soap?

As for wax, does anyone offer a black wax? I hate the fact I have to be super careful around the bumper strips and windows with white waxes.

You're right...brush=BAAAD. Use 100% Made In the USA cotton towels to wash and dry. As far as car care products.....

www.zainobros.com

Give him a call if you have any questions as to which polish to use for your application.

Zaino here, used it since 2001 on my vette. I get the non-wax removing soap at the car parts store, any will do, meguires etc. Lately I've been lazy on the Buick after racing and use a spray on wax that wipes right off= http://www.rgslabs.com/ Edit- don't use this on stock GN, the wax doesn't come off if you get it on black textured trim. I don't have any of that on my T so its fine. I use mother's 'back to black' but its not really long lasting.

hello; I'm not really into the fluff and buff but I do keep things clean. But I've heard real good things using micro fibre towels in the process of clean.
IBBY

I've heard good things about the car cleaner & wax that this company provides. http://www.griotsgarage.com/

Saw a truck at one of the local shows that had that "wet look" & was very shiny without the swirls. I stopped to talk to the guy & was shocked to learn that the truck didn't even have a garage or cover. It sits out in the PNW rain year round & still looks great. For those that don't know how damaging constant rain is, you would be surprised at how fast it can leach out your paint.

I have yet to use this wax so cannot speak from personal experience, but I intend to try it in the future.

~JM~

Zaino here as well...it can be a pain in the ass though if you choose to follow all their tips. I'll pick a day over a holiday weekend and go to town on it...comes out sweet looking but its like an 8 hour process doing it all by hand and it really kicks my ass. Im probly doing it wrong lol

Zaino here as well...it can be a pain in the ass though if you choose to follow all their tips. I'll pick a day over a holiday weekend and go to town on it...comes out sweet looking but its like an 8 hour process doing it all by hand and it really kicks my ass. Im probly doing it wrong lol

Sounds like you need to be half octopus for this job.

Funny , was just talking about wax with couple guys in Las Vegas.
I use this,
57 045r.jpg

no swirl marks, NO white residue!
mine are garage queens, so not worried about how it fares in the weather.

I really like jax wax. It doesn't last as long in the rain and after a few washes but it shines up the car really good and goes on and comes off very very easy. My car doesn't go out unless the weather is good so the wax lasts for quite a while. I can wax the car in less than an hour.

Zaino is a great wax and it lasts a long time but it takes forever to properly wax the car. So it depends on what your prefer. I choose to wax it a few times a year quickly instead of one time slowly. I dont dread waxing the car this way.

You're right...brush=BAAAD. Use 100% Made In the USA cotton towels to wash and dry. As far as car care products.....

I don't believe they make 100% Made In the USA cotton towels anymore. Been looking for 3 years. Friends and family looking too! Can't even find 99% cotton - Made In the USA