Gbodyparts exhaust BS.

Another thing here is the 1st person that goes against the grain gets bashed on here as well.

You would think that on a public forum everyone would have equal rights to their opinions, but like you've said, certain staff and members not only jump on you if they don't like your opinion, you could wind up on vacation for a couple weeks if they have thin skin. If you dish it out you should be able to take it and not abuse your administrative power by shutting down the right to free speech and opinions of others that you don't agree with or protect the opinions of the ones you do agree with. [Hopefully I won't get another two week or longer vacation for expressing my opinions here]. [I'm not directing this at you Boost231]. I'm just agreeing with 87chrissss on what happens on this forum and believe me it's no secret to the regular members here who try to silence the squeaky wheels that are considered trouble makers. I'll go oil myself after this post:D
As the original owner and creator of this forum (I have nothing to do with it now) let me clear this up for everyone, this is not a "public forum" and you do not have "a right to free speech" here. This is a privately owned place on the web, no different than going to someones home that you had to register for and sign a user agreement to access, I will repost it:

The providers ("we", "us", "our") of the service provided by this web site ("Service") are not responsible for any user-generated content and accounts ("Content"). Content submitted express the views of their author only.

You agree to not use the Service to submit or link to any Content which is defamatory, abusive, hateful, threatening, spam or spam-like, likely to offend, contains adult or objectionable content, contains personal information of others, risks copyright infringement, encourages unlawful activity, or otherwise violates any laws.

All Content you submit or upload may be reviewed by staff members. All Content you submit or upload may be sent to third-party verification services (including, but not limited to, spam prevention services). Do not submit any Content that you consider to be private or confidential.

We reserve the rights to remove or modify any Content submitted for any reason without explanation. Requests for Content to be removed or modified will be undertaken only at our discretion. We reserve the right to take action against any account with the Service at any time.

You are granting us with a non-exclusive, permanent, irrevocable, unlimited license to use, publish, or re-publish your Content in connection with the Service. You retain copyright over the Content.

These terms may be changed at any time without notice.

If you do not agree with these terms, please do not register or use this Service. If you wish to close your account, please contact us.

I am not bashing but please don't complain about them doing something you agreed to they have the right to do what ever. I don't always agree with those decisions myself but I can tell you that a PM to Jay or Shane will get more done than posting and complaining.

Mike Licht

You agree to not use the Service to submit or link to any Content which is defamatory, abusive, hateful, threatening, spam or spam-like, likely to offend, contains adult or objectionable content, contains personal information of others, risks copyright infringement, encourages unlawful activity, or otherwise violates any laws.

G-body's actions, as of late, coming from the vendor reviews themselves, seems to fit the last underlined part.

Selling on the Internet: Prompt Delivery Rules
The Internet is the fastest growing source of mail order sales. It's estimated that consumers spent $200 billion on Internet-based goods and services in 2008. The explosive growth in the goods and services sold online has in the past, taken many online sellers by surprise: demand has outpaced supply, depleting inventories and disappointing customers. The Federal Trade Commission is advising online merchants to review their obligations under the Mail or Telephone Order Merchandise Rule to better serve their customers.

The Rule spells out the ground rules for making promises about shipments, notifying consumers about unexpected delays, and refunding consumers' money. Enforced by the FTC, the Mail or Telephone Order Rule applies to orders placed by phone, fax or the Internet. Your compliance can have bottom line benefits for your company - that is, satisfied customers are repeat customers.

Complying With The Rule
By law, you must have a reasonable basis for stating that a product can be shipped within a certain time. If your advertising doesn't clearly and prominently state the shipment period, you must have a reasonable basis for believing that you can ship within 30 days.

If you can't ship within the promised time (or within 30 days if you made no promise), you must notify the customer of the delay, provide a revised shipment date and explain his right to cancel and get a full and prompt refund.

For definite delays of up to 30 days, you may treat the customer's silence as agreeing to the delay. But for longer or indefinite delays - and second and subsequent delays - you must get the customer's written, electronic or verbal consent to the delay. If the customer doesn't give you his okay, you must promptly refund all the money the customer paid you without being asked by the customer.

Finally, you have the right to cancel orders that you can't fill in a timely manner, but you must promptly notify the customer of your decision and make a prompt refund.

Running Late? Overwhelmed with Orders?
The Rule gives you several ways to deal with an unexpected demand.

• You can change your shipment promises up to the point the consumer places the order, if you reasonably believe that you can ship by the new date. The updated information overrides previous promises and reduces your need to send delay notices. Be sure to tell your customer the new shipment date before you take the order.
  • You must provide a delay option notice if you can't ship within the originally promised time. The Rule lets you use a variety of ways to provide the notice, including e-mail, fax or phone. It's a good idea to keep a record of what your notice states, when you provide it, and the customer's response.

The actual law, in it's entirety is, according the FTC- PART 435 -- MAIL OR TELEPHONE ORDER MERCHANDISE RULE

Maybe this "rule" is to broad a brush for this situation, or maybe not.

I do not have a dog in this fight, however I am trying to wrap my head around the fact that many, many people are quite unhappy here, yet there seems to be no recourse towards the vendor.

Quick question for the group:

IF one the people shafted by G-Body parts, has the time/$$$ to go legal, is Turbobuick liable since they are facilitating the sale/providing the platform necessary to connect said vendor to a private community of "customers"?

Facts:

Multiple customers received item/service that they did not pay for (bait/switch, false advertising, etc)
Supporting evidence presented
Site management idle during said events presented
Vendor still allowed to sell on site, potentially harming others in future transactions based on current track record.
Here is the answer, it has been tried in court on a few forums, including this one when ATR threatened to sue me over the exact same thing, members posting bad reviews, they have no case against the web site in question.

G-body's actions, as of late, coming from the vendor reviews themselves, seems to fit the last underlined part.

The actual law, in it's entirety is, according the FTC- PART 435 -- MAIL OR TELEPHONE ORDER MERCHANDISE RULE

Maybe this "rule" is to broad a brush for this situation, or maybe not.

I do not have a dog in this fight, however I am trying to wrap my head around the fact that many, many people are quite unhappy here, yet there seems to be no recourse towards the vendor.

I don't have one either anymore and most likely should have just kept my mouth shut but I know how tough it is to run a board and when legal actions against the board get brought up I cant stop myself. If you think these guys have broke the law there is proper channels for that but posting here is not going to do anything except let other members know how you feel. This is a tough situation I know both sides of this. OK I am out sorry for jumping in where I don't belong.
Mike

Here is the answer, it has been tried in court on a few forums, including this one when ATR threatened to sue me over the exact same thing, members posting bad reviews, they have no case against the web site in question.

Learn something new everyday. Thank you for the insight on that.

I don't have one either anymore and most likely should have just kept my mouth shut but I know how tough it is to run a board and when legal actions against the board get brought up I cant stop myself. If you think these guys have broke the law there is proper channels for that but posting here is not going to do anything except let other members know how you feel. This is a tough situation I know both sides of this. OK I am out sorry for jumping in where I don't belong.
Mike

I think the people affected just want some sort of closure, acknowledgement of the issue by others higher up, and a possible solution to prevent other members from having to go through what they went through.

It's tough, and any sale online, is always a grey area in comparison to buying at a brick-n-mortar location, if complications arise.

Hopefully this works out, as good TB vendors are few and far between, in such an intimate market.

Pretty broad terms don't you think Mike?? I understand the rules but shouldn't they apply to the people that have the power to hand out discipline also??

It's okay for someone like Brian to harass me and post threads that would likely offend me but it didn't because I know the mentality of what I'm dealing with in him, and then when he get's his panties in a bunch because of what I post he has the ability to give a vacation or call Shane and have him do it to me because they are friends because I likely offended him??

What I'm getting at Mike, is that it's okay for staff to meter out the criticism, punishment and not follow said rules when it suits them but members have to take a back seat to the few MODS/members with pull who get to play judge, jury and executioner when offended.

The internet is a place where anything posted is open to interpretation of the reader and the mood or attitude they may have that day or of that particular member. One person may read something and think it's funny, while another may think it's defamatory, abusive, hateful, threatening, spam or spam-like, likely to offend.

My only complaint is that just because someone may hold the keys of power and ability to censor, reprimand, or be in the good ole boy circle of the staff they should also follow said agreement right??

After all everyone on this site except maybe the owner of the site has clicked on the agree box when they signed up also. You know as well as I do, as do other members here that so called justice isn't metered out the same for everyone. It's no different on this board than on any other board. Just like everywhere else in life, IE; the work place, politics, and so on, it's who you bL&^w and who you know that affords someone certain rights and or a pass to get preferential treatment so to speak.

If I complain about a staff member to Shane are you telling me it wouldn't fall on deaf ears ?? Don't answerer that I already know what the answer is.

If I agreed with everything some people say on here and jumped on the sheep bandwagon and trumpeted the virtues of certain products as the best there is even if I don't agree with it I would be looked upon as a saint on the board by [certain members/staff] and parts pushers instead of being shunned by them because my opinions or facts about them that they don't want out there.

I wish you were still the owner of this site. There where a lot of good people on here then that got run off or just don't come back for one reason or another and that is sad because there was a wealth of information that they shared until it starting getting political and the pissing matches started. They were good guys that knew their s(&t and still do but don't come back here anymore because of the environment of the board now.

I'm not complaining here, just pointing out the obvious. The rules here and anywhere else in life are interpreted by the few [connected] and heaped on the many.

Last edited:
When someone sues and wins a case against one of the web forums for something a user says. It will bring an end to many web forums.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Pretty broad terms don't you think Mike?? I understand the rules but shouldn't they apply to the people that have the power to hand out discipline also??

It's okay for someone like Brian to harass me and post threads that would likely offend me but it didn't because I know the mentality of what I'm dealing with in him, and then when he get's his panties in a bunch because of what I post he has the ability to give a vacation or call Shane and have him do it to me because they are friends because I likely offended him??

What I'm getting at Mike, is that it's okay for staff to meter out the criticism, punishment and not follow said rules when it suits them but members have to take a back seat to the few MODS/members with pull who get to play judge, jury and executioner when offended.

The internet is a place where anything posted is open to interpretation of the reader and the mood or attitude they may have that day or of that particular member. One person may read something and think it's funny, while another may think it's defamatory, abusive, hateful, threatening, spam or spam-like, likely to offend.

My only complaint is that just because someone may hold the keys of power and ability to censor, reprimand, or be in the good ole boy circle of the staff they should also follow said agreement right??

After all everyone on this site except maybe the owner of the site has clicked on the agree box when they signed up also. You know as well as I do, as do other members here that so called justice isn't metered out the same for everyone. It's no different on this board than on any other board. Just like everywhere else in life, IE; the work place, politics, and so on, it's who you bL&^w and who you know that affords someone certain rights and or a pass to get preferential treatment so to speak.

If I complain about a staff member to Shane are you telling me it wouldn't fall on deaf ears ?? Don't answerer that I already know what the answer is.

If I agreed with everything some people say on here and jumped on the sheep bandwagon and trumpeted the virtues of certain products as the best there is even if I don't agree with it I would be looked upon as a saint on the board by [certain members/staff] and parts pushers instead of being shunned by them because my opinions or facts about them that they don't want out there.

I wish you were still the owner of this site. There where a lot of good people on here then that got run off or just don't come back for one reason or another and that is sad because there was a wealth of information that they shared until it starting getting political and the pissing matches started. They were good guys that knew their s(&t and still do but don't come back here anymore because of the environment of the board now.

I'm not complaining here, just pointing out the obvious. The rules here and anywhere else in life are interpreted by the few [connected] and heaped on the many.

Mike did not write the TOS, and he is not involved in the back end of the site, as he stated.

No offense, but you are directing this post at the wrong person.

FEEDBACK Forum- 8 sticky's warning members of who NOT to do business with

Vendor Feedback Forum- 0 sticky's warning members who NOT to do business with

Why is that?

Mike did not write the TOS, and he is not involved in the back end of the site, as he stated.

No offense, but you are directing this post at the wrong person.

I wasn't directing it at him personally. I was just responding to what he posted.

I have no ill will towards him or anyone else on the board, I like Mike and have talked to him in the past.

I was just pointing out how the rules here on this forum like elsewhere are hypocritical when it comes down to how they are enforced.

The only thing I said to him personally is that I wish he still owned the board. Back when it was a better place and time than it is now.

Watch "Gbodyparts.com Brian Weaver......Gbodyparts.com w…" on YouTube
Gbodyparts.com Brian Weaver......Gbodyparts.com w…:

What happens when your car spends the night at gbody

I don't know how to post up a video but did you see the part two to this video?Those dudes are wasted,Can't hardly talk and Brian has no good reason to be behind the wheel of a car,even in a parking lot.

Ask your lawyer..This is not Perry Mason.

Stop dating yourself Chuck. This isn't Judge Judy would probably reach the younger ones as they don't know who Iron Sides was. :)

Most of these guys weren't even born until after the GN/TR was introduced.:LOL:

Watch "Gbodyparts.com what happens after dark part #2" on YouTube
Gbodyparts.com what happens after dark part #2:

Here ya go.
A nightly affair.