Gbodyparts exhaust BS.

TakeAwayTheFear

So before I ordered the exhaust,(aluminum singleshot) I emailed and asked if they had it in stock. Brian emailed me back and said he'd have to check, didn't get an answer back btw, but said if he didn't worse case it would ship in 2 days from ga.

Can't complain about that, so I ordered it. Well it took a month to get and when it shows up the tailpipe section has no mounting bracket on it! I called and talked to Michael and he said he'd talk to the boss (Brian)?

Got an email back today saying I'm supposed to reuse my stock bracket??! Wtf so I cut the one of my old exhaust and weld it to the new? I don't fucking think so.

Here is a pic of the exhaust on their website with the bracket

And the one I received

I asked for a call tag a refund and was told the exhaust was made special for me so no that would would not happen. Doesn't count if it is missing shit!

I'm still waiting on a call back from either of them.

Will keep posted.

I bet he was talking about the bracket that is up near where stock muffler hanged, not the tail pipe bracket that is clearly missing from yours, that really sucks.

Go to any auto parts store and get a hanger and weld it on or get a clamp style , no big deal. Not worth all the drama of returning it. Yes the site shows it , I get that but are you really going to not put the new exhaust on the car because of a hanger?

Bryan

Go to any auto parts store and get a hanger and weld it on or get a clamp style , no big deal. Not worth all the drama of returning it. Yes the site shows it , I get that but are you really going to not put the new exhaust on the car because of a hanger?

Bryan
LOL wtf!? I paid almost 500$ for the exhaust and I expect it to be complete! I waited a month for it to show up after being told it will ship in 2 days.

Would you be ok if you bought a glock for 500 and it didn't have the trigger? Oh it's not that big of a deal, go buy one for 20$ and put it in. Fucking please.

I think what Bryan meant was they're looking at AT LEAST $100 shipping back and forth on a product they make probably less than half that in profit, plus your new waiting time.

Get a universal hanger, have your exhaust on tonight, and get hooked up by Gbodyparts in the future for the screw up that most likely wasn't their fault.

I think what Bryan meant was they're looking at AT LEAST $100 shipping back and forth on a product they make probably less than half that in profit, plus your new waiting time.

Get a universal hanger, have your exhaust on tonight, and get hooked up by Gbodyparts in the future for the screw up that most likely wasn't their fault.
I get that as well, but if it wasn't their fault they need to deal with who made it and get this shit fixed. It's not up to the consumer to ghetto rig his new 500$ investment.

In these situations I alway say it's the cost of not doing business with a business any more. Buy the hanger and he looses out on your future business. He looses in the long run.

How is any of this the person's fault who paid $500 for what is supposed to be a complete exhaust? We can't except half assed parts from manufacturers or it will turn into a downward spiral. Gbody adds value to parts like this for ensuring the parts are right and on time. In this case they didn't do that, so why should he make a dime.

How is any of this the person's fault who paid $500 for what is supposed to be a complete exhaust? We can't except half assed parts from manufacturers or it will turn into a downward spiral. Gbody adds value to parts like this for ensuring the parts are right and on time. In this case they didn't do that, so why should he make a dime.
100%

Sorry this is way off topic but is that polished concrete in the picture with the pipe you received? That looks like a neat floor.

Quick update I emailed both Michael and Brian yesterday to please give me a call left my phone number , and today I called and left a message around 930 my time still no response

he should give you a partial refund or a credit to get something else .he should also send you the bracket to weld on yourself and make it right with you
Good Luck

Still no contact with gbodyparts. Filed a claim through paypal. Hopefully they will get my money back and end this bs.

I got the ok from Paypal to return my exhaust to Gbody for a full refund. I did not receive any response from gbody at all. I will never do business with them again. I guess ive been pretty lucky over the years and not had to deal with anything of this magnitude, if I ever had a problem in the past most people were so quick to jump on the problem to get it resolved. The lack of professionalism and customer service they had with me was a complete joke.

I'm surprised you went through all that. Just weld a tab and call it good. Good Lord.. lesson learned. Guess next time you'll have to make some exhaust yourself

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

He should just enjoy his new exhaust and forgotten about that hanger. But hopefully he'll find a better and more complete exhaust at autozone or his local muffler shop.

Hell, I would have sent you a tab to weld on the exhaust. What a waste