G/N hotrod project

Hey ODD GNX,
I'm here from turbobricks (rwd volvo board)

Just want to say that is an incredibly cool and creative car. AWESOME WORK!

MPG Update

I did 249 miles on 7.36 gallons. :biggrin:

* Mostly highway...with some city.
* HWY cruise speed was between 65mph to 75mph.
* RPM's were:
1700rpms @ 65mph
1840rpms @ 70mph
1960rpms @ 75mph
* Tire pressure in rear tires was at 20psi (25 max)
* 3:23 rear end gears
* TTS 80HP tune
* 4620lb with me in it.
* Good old stock Duramax LB7

The pump actually clicked at 6.9 gallons, but I tried to top it off three times.

Man what an amazing ride....Deffinately one of the coolest things i've seen in a while..

Very, very nicely done!!!!!

Kevin

ODDGNX, if you want, leave the springs you have in the car and get Savitske Classic & Custom Howes ball joints, they will lower the fron 7/8" and will help with the front end geometry as well. A set will run you about $175 or so.

ODDGNX, if you want, leave the springs you have in the car and get Savitske Classic & Custom Howes ball joints, they will lower the fron 7/8" and will help with the front end geometry as well. A set will run you about $175 or so.

Thanks for the link, but the ride has improved alot with the stiffer front springs...I likes it so much that I did the same in the back.
The car is very stable now and doesn't bounce all over the place.
I just love the way it rides now and have been putting about 60-80 miles daily on it.

:biggrin:

When are going to get some new track times for the beast?

I did go to the track and here is the quote from my website 18TO1.com

"My best was 8.258 / 84.81mph with a 1.924 60', that run was in the mid setting which is probably 350hp-400hp at the wheel. When I switched to the high setting (500hp at the wheel) traction was becoming a major issue and I was spining my tires half way down the track.
The other issue I had was upon launching I would leave a little puddle of diesel on the floor, so the fuel tank is coming down today.
I also had a hard time power braking and building any boost off the line...because my brakes just would not keep the car still.
My next upgrades will be a line lock and getting a nice set of slicks."

I did go to the track and here is the quote from my website 18TO1.com

"My best was 8.258 / 84.81mph with a 1.924 60', that run was in the mid setting which is probably 350hp-400hp at the wheel. When I switched to the high setting (500hp at the wheel) traction was becoming a major issue and I was spining my tires half way down the track.
The other issue I had was upon launching I would leave a little puddle of diesel on the floor, so the fuel tank is coming down today.
I also had a hard time power braking and building any boost off the line...because my brakes just would not keep the car still.
My next upgrades will be a line lock and getting a nice set of slicks."

Judging by the size of your street tires.... I hate to imagine the size of the slicks...

If you could get some slicks... similar size to the street tires.... it ought to hook alot better...

IMHO... with big slicks... and the high HP setting.... you ought to be 1.3's... or 1.2's on the 60' time.... that should take you waaaaaaaay down in the 7's...

What kind of fuel mileage have you been getting? I assume gassing on it all the time is making the mileage for that tank of fuel... suffer some.... just curious...

This is from post # 204

I did 249 miles on 7.36 gallons. :biggrin:

* Mostly highway...with some city.
* HWY cruise speed was between 65mph to 75mph.
* RPM's were:
1700rpms @ 65mph
1840rpms @ 70mph
1960rpms @ 75mph
* Tire pressure in rear tires was at 20psi (25 max)
* 3:23 rear end gears
* TTS 80HP tune
* 4620lb with me in it.
* Good old stock Duramax LB7

The pump actually clicked at 6.9 gallons, but I tried to top it off three times.

Hydroboost Conversion

Did You Consider The Hydroboost To Hold The Car On The Line? It Runs Off Of The Power Steering Pump. As The Rpms Come Up, So Does The P/s Pump Speed. It Just Holds The Brakes On Harder. It Directly Replaces The Powermaster. It Also Eliminates The 12v System To Operate The Brakes.

Did You Consider The Hydroboost To Hold The Car On The Line? It Runs Off Of The Power Steering Pump. As The Rpms Come Up, So Does The P/s Pump Speed. It Just Holds The Brakes On Harder. It Directly Replaces The Powermaster. It Also Eliminates The 12v System To Operate The Brakes.

I do not have a power steering pump, so I am using abspowerbrake.com

Gomez Brothers

You're Killing Me! Abs "power Brake Service" Is Owned By Pedro, Guillermo, And Lucio Gomez. They Are Former Employees Of Mine. They Entered The U.s. Illegally, Shall We Say? They Worked For Me Long Enough To Learn My Business, And While There, Embezzeled My Inventory, Filed Worker's Comp Claims, Stole Tools, Solicited Customers To Come To Their House, Installing Parts Stolen Off Of My Shelf, And Then Stole My Customer List. They Then Went Into My Business Calling Themselves "power Brake And Exchange Service" Sound Familiar? They Used My Name To Ride Off Of My Reputation. Several Lawsuits Later, They Changed Their Name A Few Times. They Never Had Insurance To Cover The Lawsuit. At Car Shows, They Send 2 "goons" To Rough Me Up, For Telling The Public What They Did. That 12v Jeep Booster Was A Design I Started To Market, In 2000, But Never Saw The 12v Pump As Reliable. Those Units Were Designed By Bendix For Jeeps In 1989. They Have The Same Problems As The Powermaster. Pump Failures. Those Were Not Not Designed By The Gomez Bros., As They Claim, But By Bendix, Who Dropped The Design In 1991. Be Aware That All Parts Used On That Unit Are.....used. They Will Not Warranty It, Either. Bosch Knows About These People, And Will Never Sell To Them. Stacey David Wants To Start A New T.v. Show Exposing Them.

You're Killing Me! Abs "power Brake Service" Is Owned By Pedro, Guillermo, And Lucio Gomez. They Are Former Employees Of Mine. They Entered The U.s. Illegally, Shall We Say? They Worked For Me Long Enough To Learn My Business, And While There, Embezzeled My Inventory, Filed Worker's Comp Claims, Stole Tools, Solicited Customers To Come To Their House, Installing Parts Stolen Off Of My Shelf, And Then Stole My Customer List. They Then Went Into My Business Calling Themselves "power Brake And Exchange Service" Sound Familiar? They Used My Name To Ride Off Of My Reputation. Several Lawsuits Later, They Changed Their Name A Few Times. They Never Had Insurance To Cover The Lawsuit. At Car Shows, They Send 2 "goons" To Rough Me Up, For Telling The Public What They Did. That 12v Jeep Booster Was A Design I Started To Market, In 2000, But Never Saw The 12v Pump As Reliable. Those Units Were Designed By Bendix For Jeeps In 1989. They Have The Same Problems As The Powermaster. Pump Failures. Those Were Not Not Designed By The Gomez Bros., As They Claim, But By Bendix, Who Dropped The Design In 1991. Be Aware That All Parts Used On That Unit Are.....used. They Will Not Warranty It, Either. Bosch Knows About These People, And Will Never Sell To Them. Stacey David Wants To Start A New T.v. Show Exposing Them.

Wow...I'm totaly shocked. :eek:
Like I said I used ABS because I removed my power sterring pump from my duramax.
Do you have any small mechanical pump that I could adapt with my setup?
I'd like to pay you a visit as well..what is your address?

Thanks

Can anyone here tell me how I can get a hold of POWERBRAKEBOB !
His web site seems to be down.