G/N hotrod project

odd gnx

Hi....... :)

I have an 81 Oldsmobile Cutlass that I am converting to a G/N. It would have a big block with 4L80E behind it
The rear end would be a shortened ford 9" with a 4 link suspension made by Morrison. The rear tires would be 31X18X20 by Mickey Thompson, the wheels would have to be custom made.
What is difficult for me is choosing the STYLE of wheels and finding a manufacture that can fabricate custom wheels :confused:

I do like the look of the Simmons wheels in black like FBSideoiler427 has

Any thoughts / suggestions would be greatly appreciated :smile:

so a v8, a 4l80e, a different rearend, a different rear suspension...how is this going to be a GN?

Either way you cant go wrong with the simmons wheels, especially painted black centers with a chrome outer ring to look similar to the gnx

Haynesie said:
so a v8, a 4l80e, a different rearend, a different rear suspension...how is this going to be a GN?

Jason

What I want is the look of a G/N ..... :redface:

Thanks for the advice, I will get in touch with Simmons wheels to see if they make custom wheels. :)

FBSideoiler427 said:
ODD GNX - Let me know of what size wheels you're interested and maybe we can revive the GP with the other guys.

Rear =20" x 15" 5.5"BS ?? :confused:
Front =18" x ?

Not sure yet, sorry

why don't you find a regal to build then it would look like a gn???

mybuick said:
why don't you find a regal to build then it would look like a gn???

Very good point, I was wondering why no one has asked that question yet !

There is very good reason why I chose this car over an original Regal.

I will let you know when the project is done. :)

odd gnx said:
Rear =20" x 15" 5.5"BS ?? :confused:
Front =18" x ?

Not sure yet, sorry

You're following my rule of thumb - too much is just enough - sounds like the reproduction of a DUB model.

I will follow up with Jeff at Group A.

Can someone please tell me what is the diffrence in APPEARANCE between a G/N and GNX.

Thanks

odd gnx said:
Can someone please tell me what is the diffrence in APPEARANCE between a G/N and GNX.

Thanks

No badges except for the GNX badge on the grill (drivers side) and on the trunklid (passenger side), glass flares on all four corners, functional louvers at the top of the fenders, 16x8 wheels - black mesh centers, polished lips.

Thanks... FBSideoiler427

Now can you tell me what is the diffrence between a G/N and a regular Buick Regal?

I saw two front G/N fenders on E bay for $260 a piece is that good price ?

odd gnx said:
Thanks... FBSideoiler427

Now can you tell me what is the diffrence between a G/N and a regular Buick Regal?

I saw two front G/N fenders on E bay for $260 a piece is that good price ?

??? GN fenders to my knowledge are the same as regular regals. As far as the difference between a GN and a regular regal.....

The GN's had a "power bulge" hood and a spoiler... different rims.... no chrome trim.... different badging.... 2-tone interior with the power 6 logos in the front headrests.......among other things. Body panels should interchange just fine with a regular regal......

Now the powertrain..... ain't nothing alike except the displacement! LOL

gn's are black. regals,t-types,turbo t's usually chrome with very very few black ones.

Well I got my rear tires today :biggrin:

Attachments

• Tires 001.jpg
    Tires 001.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 5,667
  • Tires 015.jpg
    Tires 015.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 5,317
Thanks Guys

Thanks... D-Man

MIZ ....your da man :biggrin:

I called Budnik Wheels this morning they quoted me a 20X15 wheel for $1100.00.
Thats the best price I got so far, I was quoted over $2000.00 a wheel from other manufactures.

Which ones do you guys like from the "Fat Lip" collection ???

I like the "Gasser", here is a link

http://www.budnik.com/roadwheelcat.asp?scid=55&pg=2