Fun reactions

Jseverin

Hey everyone,

I've had my GN out twice since I've got it and the reactions I get are pretty amusing. My one buddy at work proceeds to tell me he was feeling nostalgic because his grandma had a Regal "just like mine" when he was a kid. That was until I put the pedal to the floor and he was pinned to his seat. My other buddy was puzzled by my decision to buy a 1987 Buick, he has yet to experience what is special about this car. On the other hand, I counted no less than five thumbs up from various people on the 15 minute drive home last night. I know most of you who have had GN's for a while have experienced this before, but I'm definitely not used to it yet. This car is a blast and even though it needs some work it was worth every penny!

Joe

Awesome, you'll get a lot of both the more you drive it. Where are you located?

Clovis, I have family there. you on Base or civilian? I grew up in Portales, but moved after High School back in 84. I go once a yr to take flowers to my Parents at the cemetary.

As a matter of fact , there is a scoggin dickies stage 2 built 86 GN in Portales, owned by Fabian Lopez Jr. don't know if he ever drives it.

Good to see some Buick's in Alb. I'm from Belen and my wife is from Albuquerque. I'm currently deployed and hoping to get back in March and cruise my newly purchased WE4. A Buick meet sounds like a great idea.

Yeah, there are at least a dozen of us in Alb. There was a meeting in October that I missed. Looking forward to another.

Clovis, I have family there. you on Base or civilian? I grew up in Portales, but moved after High School back in 84. I go once a yr to take flowers to my Parents at the cemetary.
In the Air Force, found my GN being sold in Hobbs while I was deployed a few months ago. We were thinking about heading up to ABQ around MLK day. We should try to get some dudes together then.

Here's a question for you native NM guys. A buddy recently warned against using a K&N filter that needs to be oiled in a dusty climate like NM. This is the exact filter I have installed on my GN. Have any of you had problems using them in NM? If so what's a good alternative?

A K&N cone filter is what I use, Nick Micale has one on his street T/R and we both live in Phoenix, home of the 3 time a week monsoon season dust storm. :cool:

Native New Mexican here. I run K&N cone on both my regular driver (G35 twin air intake) and my GN.

I cleaned and oiled my twin K&Ns 2 months ago for my regular car and the intakes looked like new.

Airaid makes similar (size and shape) high quality air filters, too.

Here's a question for you native NM guys. A buddy recently warned against using a K&N filter that needs to be oiled in a dusty climate like NM. This is the exact filter I have installed on my GN. Have any of you had problems using them in NM? If so what's a good alternative?
I use KnN on both my GNs with no problems. just be sure to wash after the NM winds have died around May.
Airaid makes similar (size and shape) high quality air filters, too.
I use K nN on both my GNs with no problems. just be sure to wash filter after the NM winds die down around May.