For sale. 1986 Grand National

Jon, what part of AR are you in? Would be very interested in the car. I'm right outside of Jackson, MS. Give me a call if you'd like 601-750-7195 and we'll chat about the car. I'm not scared at all of building the motor. Is everything else in the powertrain sound? Thanks Clayton

Fyi: Dad and I rode up to Bentonville to get his Grasshopper so you are well within our daily road trip distance.

Russellville isn't NW AR. You are in the River Valley don't kid yourself. Nice car. I was born and raised in Atkins, AR. Good Luck on the sale. I can tell you a good mechanic to take it to. He's helped me on my 84 a time or two.

If you want to sell this car I suggest having someone with General Mechanical Knowledge take a look at it and give you an idea of whats wrong. Maybe a few pics under the car of the floor pans. A list of aftermarket parts if any. Just trying to help but there is really no information on this car other than your pics. It looks clean but clean wont sell a car. Good luck man. I do like what I see of your car.

:confused: ok how about… how did this ticking come about? Did it happen during normal driving? During a race? How long have you had it? I've been past Little Rock when we got our 1999 2-door tahoe.

The engine noise started during normal driving. The car has been started but not driven since(it was trailered to my dads house and has been there since last July). It is not a tick it is a pretty good knock. Chances are that the motor needs rebuilt but I have not taken it to have it checked out. I have the car titled in my name and have owned it for a little over a year.

it was a rod knocking. Last chance to buy this car before I have the motor pulled and rebuilt. It will be about 10 days before the shop can get around to pulling it out. if interested in it the way it is let me know. $6800 the way it sits. Thanks.

Wrecker driver was suppose to pick it up last week to have the motor pulled. Guess what? he didn't. Still for sale until the motor is pulled. once I have to sell some stock to pay for the motor to be rebuilt it won't be for sale any longer. Thanks, Jon

Wrecker driver was suppose to pick it up last week to have the motor pulled. Guess what? he didn't. Still for sale until the motor is pulled. once I have to sell some stock to pay for the motor to be rebuilt it won't be for sale any longer. Thanks, Jon

Did they give you an estimate on cost to pull the motor, rebuild it + reinstall it ?

Four hundred to have motor pulled and reinstalled. One thousand to have motor rebuilt with stock parts plus the price of a new water pump that the shop said we should go ahead and change since we have it out. The engine shop is the best in the area and has been here for about 40 years.

So in total it will be about 1500 to rebuild to motor? That is very cheap. Parts alone should be a few hundred and then you will need to add the machine work on top of that. Something doesn’t sound right. If you have a spun bearing you will need a line hone, which done right cost a few hundred. If you are unsure about this I would post in the engine section and get a few comments. Either way good luck, hope it all works out.

I know the shop that will be doing the work. They are reasonable and do good work.if someone wants to buy the car the way it sits they can pick who they want and spend whatever they want to have the motor rebuilt. The car is for sale the way it sits.

The motor has been pulled and is being rebuilt.The car is no longer for sale at this time. Thanks.

Just a suggestion,make sure they have done buick turbo lower ends before,
I have read in the past that some shops rebuild them like a sb chevy,with not tight enough tolerences + they starve for oil either on the rods or the mains,I forget,someone else with buick turbo lower end experience could probably elaborate more.
The last one i bought had a motor that only lasted about 200 miles.2 of the pistons froze on the rods,+ scored the cylinders,not sure if the reason was what i just explained ,but i would just make sure they have buick turbo experience,
because the bottom ends take alot of abuse because of the cylinder pressures.