For sale. 1986 Grand National

Lt4-turbo

I am putting my 1986 Grand National For sale. This would be a great deal for someone that knows these cars and can work on them. The engine on this car is making a rattling or knocking noise. I have not taken it to have it checked out. I don't know what it is. The car has nice new paint that if color sanded could be excellent. The interior is nice with new carpet and front seat covers. needs a few finishing touches but is very nice. T-Top posi rear end car. Idles fine with no smoke just makes the noise. I am pretty firm at $7700 the way it sits. If I have it fixed it will not be for sale or will be much much higher. Car is located in Northwest Arkansas.

1986BuickGrandNational001.jpg

nice looking car you got there man. how many miles on it? how bout some iterior pics of what needs some finising touches. you might want to get the knock diagnosed so people know what they are getting into.

The car is odometer exzempt but shows 8155 miles. I would think 108155. Interior finishing touches, sun visors recovered, rear headliner recovered.
As far as the Motor goes this is an impulse sell. If I take it to have it diagnosed it probablly won't be for sale anymore. If you are not able to do the work youself then this car is not for you. Plan on having to have the motor rebuilt. I don't want to hear any of the BS about $5-$10 to have the motor rebuilt. If the right person buys this car They will be driving in a week or so with very little invested. I will get some interior pictures on soon.
Sorry about the attitude but I get tired of reading other posts where peoples cars are getting put down like they are not worth anything because this or that. I just almost didn't even list it because of some of the crap I have read in the past. The car is fairly priced and could be a steal if it is just flywheel bolts or something like that. If you are not interested just go on.
Sorry again for the vent.

Could be something simple.

Hey..
My old 86 sounded like the bottom end was coming out of it.. Turned out the flex plate was cracked around the bolts. It was a pretty simple fix! Good luck!! NICE CAR! :D

Here are some better updated pictures. and some interior pictures. If it doesen't sell in the next couple of weeks I will have it checked out.

86GN002.jpg

86GN009.jpg

Car is still for sale as is. I still have not had it checked out. I have had two local people tell me they want the car but no money or deposit yet.
Thanks!