Fontana: AUTO CLUB DRAGWAY @ CALIFORNIA SPEEDWAY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this free gas because sure as hell im not paying $55.00 or more to satisfy the curiosity of you guys, if its free bring it on the 13th and i will run it for you all, Man I love this board members paying for My gas and letting me borrow wheels and tires to race, see brent this how you do it ;).

Let's see here....thus far we have other guys providing Kevin free gas, wheels and tires. I think we should also contribute a driver...like my wife, who is not afraid of hard launches, does have a number of 11 second timeslips to her credit, and certainly isn't afraid of mussing up her hair or makeup by strapping on a helmet. And, she weighs only 113 pounds, another plus.

EDIT:

My wife Kathy just read this post over my shoulder and said, "I would have no problem with Kevin's car."

I would be inclined to believe her.

I'll be keeping my eye on you in the rear view ;) Thanks guys for making this happen YES!!! :biggrin: Wait, wiked are you drinking? Is this some kinda sick joke? Are you gonna really do this, or is this wishful thinking?

Just remember Im not out there to race anybody but just to lay down a good number and I will do it and also to shut a few mouths here in the forum thats all ;), I will not be going boost happy with my car because we all know that job was long time asigned to you, even after boosting 30psi and the car not going any faster you still wanted more BOOOOOSSTTTT LMAO, gotta love the drag racer mentality. :)

wiked

Not that I didn't worry a little bit, but it was sure nice to hear the car start up this afternoon. No leaks, no smoking, no bag of leftover parts. Oil pressure jumped up right away, we burped the radiator to get the air out, ran it at various rpm's for 10 minutes, took it for a quick 1 mile spin, ran it through the car wash, and got it ready for the car show this evening.

It has sat in front of my house in various stages of dis-assembly / re-assembly for 2 months, and more than once during the rebuild I had to pull out the book to verify what went back where. Even though every wire connection was marked, and all the nuts, bolts & washers went into marked baggies, it is still tough to remember after it being apart for so long.

Big props again to Harold & Mike for the wrenching support. Everyone can say what they want about Harold not wanting to race at the track, but he and Mike did wrench their asses off helping me strip the engine down & putting it back together...Thank you !

I put a whole 27 miles on the car this afternoon thanks to the get together at Sonic Burger in Fullerton tonight. Brent, Mike, myself , & Jesse represented for the TRs to the GTO, Mustang, F-Bodies, & Vettes also at the get together

Everyone had to come over and check out the Grand Nationals. It was funny listening to the guys stating matter of factly that the GN's had V-8's, twin turbo's, 500 hp stock, low 12's high -11's right off the dealer floors....lol....and who were we to correct them....over all a great gathering with good friends

It really feels nice to be behind the wheel of the GN again. Even though I own a 2006 300C SRT-8, and even when I had the Sunbeam Tiger, the Lightning, the Syclone, the Typhoon, the Callaway Twin Turbo Vette, the SSR, I still enjoy driving the GN most of all

What a sickness

So far so good on the engine, I tickled 10 psi on the way home tonight and I plan to put a couple hundred miles on it before (re-torquing the heads) Irwindale on Thursday & Fontana on Saturday.

I'm not sure if i'll be boosting back up to 27 psi for Saturday, but who knows, if it is still running great, I'll tweak the F.A.S.T. program a bit and get it back into "Jungle Buggie" mode. Worst case I break it again:eek: and have to tear it down all over again

Later everyone,

Ray

Ray thanks for your patience in putting up with my never ending remarks, jokes and perfectionist attitude, I always say if , that if you are going to do something right may as well do it right the 1st time and I think we got your car right this 1st time around. glad to hear she is running good.

See who says I don't like to get my hands dirty ;)

wiked

Let's see here....thus far we have other guys providing Kevin free gas, wheels and tires. I think we should also contribute a driver...like my wife, who is not afraid of hard launches, does have a number of 11 second timeslips to her credit, and certainly isn't afraid of mussing up her hair or makeup by strapping on a helmet. And, she weighs only 113 pounds, another plus.

EDIT:

My wife Kathy just read this post over my shoulder and said, "I would have no problem with Kevin's car."

That's the best idea I've heard so far, but you guys will probably have more fun watching a $30,000+ GN make some LOW 13sec runs and then listen to the excuses later...:p

Just remember Im not out there to race anybody but just to lay down a good number and I will do it and also to shut a few mouths here in the forum thats all ;), I will not be going boost happy with my car because we all know that job was long time asigned to you, even after boosting 30psi and the car not going any faster you still wanted more BOOOOOSSTTTT LMAO, gotta love the drag racer mentality. :)

wiked

;) Look out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's the best idea I've heard so far, but you guys will probably have more fun watching a $30,000+ GN make some LOW 13sec runs and then listen to the excuses later...:p

LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT:

On foot? LOL :biggrin:

The TROLL SH*TVOTA is green with envy becuase he could only wish to own a $30,000.00 GN thats all, sure it will run 13's on 12 pounds of boost. :D

LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will copy you on this quote when your crank hits the ground which should happen anyday now. ;)

Not that I didn't worry a little bit, but it was sure nice to hear the car start up this afternoon. No leaks, no smoking, no bag of leftover parts. Oil pressure jumped up right away, we burped the radiator to get the air out, ran it at various rpm's for 10 minutes, took it for a quick 1 mile spin, ran it through the car wash, and got it ready for the car show this evening.

It has sat in front of my house in various stages of dis-assembly / re-assembly for 2 months, and more than once during the rebuild I had to pull out the book to verify what went back where. Even though every wire connection was marked, and all the nuts, bolts & washers went into marked baggies, it is still tough to remember after it being apart for so long.

Big props again to Harold & Mike for the wrenching support. Everyone can say what they want about Harold not wanting to race at the track, but he and Mike did wrench their asses off helping me strip the engine down & putting it back together...Thank you !

I put a whole 27 miles on the car this afternoon thanks to the get together at Sonic Burger in Fullerton tonight. Brent, Mike, myself , & Jesse represented for the TRs to the GTO, Mustang, F-Bodies, & Vettes also at the get together

Everyone had to come over and check out the Grand Nationals. It was funny listening to the guys stating matter of factly that the GN's had V-8's, twin turbo's, 500 hp stock, low 12's high -11's right off the dealer floors....lol....and who were we to correct them....over all a great gathering with good friends

It really feels nice to be behind the wheel of the GN again. Even though I own a 2006 300C SRT-8, and even when I had the Sunbeam Tiger, the Lightning, the Syclone, the Typhoon, the Callaway Twin Turbo Vette, the SSR, I still enjoy driving the GN most of all

What a sickness

So far so good on the engine, I tickled 10 psi on the way home tonight and I plan to put a couple hundred miles on it before (re-torquing the heads) Irwindale on Thursday & Fontana on Saturday.

I'm not sure if i'll be boosting back up to 27 psi for Saturday, but who knows, if it is still running great, I'll tweak the F.A.S.T. program a bit and get it back into "Jungle Buggie" mode. Worst case I break it again:eek: and have to tear it down all over again

Later everyone,

Ray

Ray.. your welcome man, i'm hear to support any GN own in their time of need. i'm so glad that everything is running great and your back on the road. looking forward to seeing that BEAST run this Saturday..

also.. i want to thank Ray, Brent and Jesse for showing up last night at Sonic's.. it was nice having those GTO, Vettes and stang owners walking away from our cars saying " DAMN THOSE CARS WERE BAD ASS, AND ONLY HAD V6's IN THEM";).

Kevin........ a tip........

windows UP, arm INSIDE the car, stereo down, a/c off, gas pedal on the floor! put the colt 45 40oz, and the do rag in the trunk.:eek:

windows UP, arm INSIDE the car, stereo down, a/c off, gas pedal on the floor! put the colt 45 40oz, and the do rag in the trunk.:eek:

Windows always up, here in LB you cant drive thinking at any moment you will get carjacked.
arm is never outside car because window is always up ding ding ding.
dont listen to loud music not my style.
I don't drink ethier as far as the gas pedal it will go through the floor, thanks for the tips but I think I got everything covered, just pray that My sponsors come through with the gas, wheels, tires and lugnuts as promised. :D

PS: I will leave the AC on just to make sure I don't break into the 10's on my debut I also don't want to make Brent cry and SH*TVOTA more envios that Im going that fast with class. :)

wiked

Reply to stupid!

I will copy you on this quote when your crank hits the ground which should happen anyday now. ;)
You better race him now! While you have the advantage & a slim chance of takeing him.Because when his engine finally does let go.You will not have a prayer with whats in store for you next! Trust me on that!

You better race him now! While you have the advantage & a slim chance of takeing him.Because when his engine finally does let go.You will not have a prayer with whats in store for you next! Trust me on that!

hey Lou I see you finally convinced the loose Nut behind the wheel to buy that used V8 motor you took out Bob's car uh LOL, once again Lou you never cease to amaze me, and once again I will remind you that my car is not a race car and neither am I a racer trying to break the sound barrier like many people on this board, you said it once and let me remind you again MY CAR is a conversational piece and a walking advertisement or a catalog of sort for many companies out there, too bad your name will never see its way to my fender or my signature. ;) good luck and good bless your business.. :) btw that guy who called you is the last guy I will send to you, he said you need some help.. LOL

wiked

$30k??? yeah..

yeah pretty Close to it I got receipts and most of em have Lou's shop name on them. :eek:

$14,000.00 for the car back in 2000 with 36k original miles.
and the rest in mods which is wayyy to long to list. so i say close to $30,000.00 including what I paid for the GN, this cars are not cheap and is becoming harder and harder to fix them and find parts for them..

wiked

I love the conversation on this board...:D the only person missing in the action is 750hp...Where are you at? btw gimme a call at work Neil 858-566-7227 later...P.S. good luck to all on the 13th I willl be expecting video and commentary and a whole lotta sh-t talking.:D you guys make my day at work fly by with all your antics.

Status
Not open for further replies.