Flooding Help!

check engine comes on solid and stays on, I'm using a snap on solus pro scanner to check for codes, only code I got was a maf code only because it was uplugged for a sec. then plugged it back up and now it shows no codes. I got a new cam sensor cap from caspers with led, the led is solid when ever I turn key on, when starting, and when I hold the accelerator and make it run. 45 sec. of running and their is a gallon of fuel on the floor under exhaust.

Today the car started and ran fine, no flooding and no check engine light. I was amazed as it was runing so good for about 10 minutes and then the check engine light came on and the engine started stumbling and died. Finaly got some codes then they are 41, 22, and 34. now its back to flooding... thoughts.

41 is the cam sensor malfunction code..Seems you might have a short or a possible ground issue somewhere. Have you tried another ECM? You should try another ECM and check your grounds or like i stated befoer you could possibly have a short somewhere in your cam sensor wiring possibly from ecm/ign module. Or the cam sensor isnt set properly or is loose.

22- is the TPS code, check your TPS voltage it should have .42- .46 voltage with ign on and when @ WOT 4.40 - 4.85 volts ..Again you could possibly have a short or wiring problem you should again try another known good ECM..

34 is the MAF check the wiring as well. or you can try to lightly tap your maf softly and see if any change in idle/ once ou fix the top problems..

Check your ECM plugs and pins check for any bad contacts or weather issue like if maybe water damage or humidity damage. You would be surprised how many buicks leak water from the rain tray/ac door into the passenger side right near the ECM area. I think your best bet is to try another ECM and check your grounds and wiring.

Ok I finally found time to rebuild. Found I had a leaking intake, 3 injectors were bad (stuck open), and ign module harness was not wired right. I corrected all problems and studded the heads. I reinstalled the engine and started it. It idled good for about 10 sec. and died, will do it every time. When I start the engine and hold the throttle a little it will stay running but its rough like it has a dead misfire. I replaced the maf with a new 87 maf because I'm running an 87 computer with a tt chip. Only codes I'm getting is a MAF code, will it make it run so rough?

With my 84 with tt chip, when I first installed the chip and sometimes when I reset (unplug) the ecm my car will only run for about 10 secs then stumble out and die. But once I get in and drive for a short period of time the idle gets better and it runs like its supposed to. I guess it may be the ecm learning cycle maybe.

ign module harness not wired right? this statement stood out.... did you update to 86/87 coil and module or replace with 84/85 wiring changes are for if you updated?
Irradic fuel pressure? hae you checked to see if return line is not plugged.

Sorry for the confusion, been a while since I've posted, read the first post in this thread. Now after that I pulled the engine back out stripped everything off to a bare block. re-ringed the pistons, new head gaskets, arp head studs, new intake gasket, and threw those ebay injectors as far as I could across the shop! I got a set of blue ring 42.5# injectors from gbody, and put engine back togather. Before installing engine I broke down the entire engine wiring harness, soldering and heat shrinking any and every break cut or nick in wiring at the time I found when I spliced my own C3I plug I had the crank sensor and cam sensor wires crossed to the module, corrected that and loomed all wiring. Installed engine, was told since I'm using an 87 ign mod, coil, ecm w/ tt chip I have to use an 87 MAF sensor... Only code I'm getting is for the MAF, but I have not driven the car. Only started it, at least this time the oil pan is not filling with fuel and is not blowing raw gas out of the tail pipe, so I must be getting close