First Time GN to Track. Plan. Suggestions?

I would check your waste gate for the boost issue. When I first put the ta-49 on my car a couple years ago it was at the place I stored it. For the ride home I was gentle due to the 6 month old gas and the couple other things I did over the winter that I wanted to make sure were OK. Just tipping into the throttle it would go 28-29 psi before I let off. I backed down the regulator to 24 psi. Then I put on the RJC downpipe and couldn't get 24 psi no matter how much I turned in the regulator. The weld for the puck was hitting the exhaust housing. It was nowhere near centered. I had to port the housing so it was clear of the weld and the puck could seat properly.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Pick of one of my 1.6x launches. I wonder how quick I need to be to see light under one of the tires?

Actually, looks like the HRPartsnstuff rear sway is keeping the car fairly straight and level when it lifts and launches.

20161128_135422.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

255s can get the job done for sure. I got 1.5s off mine at 18psi. I agree, check the carbon pattern on the puck an turbo. It may be not sealing. Start saving for a trans build.

Love reading some of the stories about silly things done at the drag strip. So I will share my best one. It was in my Typhoon. To help chill the air to water intercooler I had tried ice water in a sprayer and portable fan. I decided I wanted to also try CO2 to fog the front intercooler just before lining up (no need for a burn out with AWD). We kept several fire extinguishers at work and the ones that needed service were set aside. So I grabbed one that still showed a good charge on gauge and took it with me. I asked a friend to just carry it to the start line and then fog tine front grill real good when it came time for me to go to the line. He didn't want to do it. He wasn't sure what to do. I explained how simple it was and no way anything can go wrong. famous last words, I know.

I got to the line and motioned for him to hit it. And he did. Dang. I didn't read the label on the fire extinguisher. It wasn't CO2. It was the dry powder! It was covering my windshield and coming in through the A/C vents. Smoke everywhere. The tower thought I was on fire and sent the rescue truck. How embarrassing that was.

Love reading some of the stories about silly things done at the drag strip. So I will share my best one. It was in my Typhoon. To help chill the air to water intercooler I had tried ice water in a sprayer and portable fan. I decided I wanted to also try CO2 to fog the front intercooler just before lining up (no need for a burn out with AWD). We kept several fire extinguishers at work and the ones that needed service were set aside. So I grabbed one that still showed a good charge on gauge and took it with me. I asked a friend to just carry it to the start line and then fog tine front grill real good when it came time for me to go to the line. He didn't want to do it. He wasn't sure what to do. I explained how simple it was and no way anything can go wrong. famous last words, I know.

I got to the line and motioned for him to hit it. And he did. Dang. I didn't read the label on the fire extinguisher. It wasn't CO2. It was the dry powder! It was covering my windshield and coming in through the A/C vents. Smoke everywhere. The tower thought I was on fire and sent the rescue truck. How embarrassing that was.

Lol. Funny!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The biggest difference I ever felt in my car at the track was a set of slicks . It was crazy how much I picked up all around .