Fiberglass Doors

J-B Racing

Forced Induction
Hi Guys!
I am about to pick up a set of OE style Fiberglass doors and was looking for some inputs on those who have used them. Looking for answers on how they fit? Complications? Dis-appointments?
These are the style Doors where you can re-use all the parts from the original doors.
The seller does not know the brand they are, but says they fit and work great. But!!!
Any information before Saturday would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Joe

If these are the same doors Jack Cotton has on The Pumpkin, then these are the best doors on earth!

I don't know who made them either. But I do know that they look and fit as good as factory. Only one problem (if you call it a problem, I don't) is they must be used with roll up windows. No electric motor.

I remember when he got them years ago. They did require a lot of prep work for a perfect finish. I think it was about 8 man hours per door at the body shop he used. Then it was a little tedious getting all the weather stripping and window glass assembly all set-up just right. Then finally more work on all the interior trim panels to get them just right. But the final results were fantastic.

I have often joked about buying these doors from him. But I'm not interested in doing a repaint just yet, and he's not sure what future plans may be for The Pumpkin,

Thanks for the reply. I will see why the Motors will not work. I will try that first. If that does not work. I will go Manual roll ups.

Thanks

Thanks for the reply. I will see why the Motors will not work. I will try that first. If that does not work. I will go Manual roll ups.

Thanks
It's got something to do with the structural requirements of the fiberglass. I think it will torque its self loose or tare the fiberglass at it's mounting points over time or something like that. If you can please fill me in when you figure it out, I also would like to know.

My doors were made by Token in Canada and he shipped them to me on a bus. With prep work they are perfect, mine are manual just because my doors were manual to start with.

My doors were made by Token in Canada and he shipped them to me on a bus. With prep work they are perfect, mine are manual just because my doors were manual to start with.
I think these are the ones were talking about. I seem to remember Jack got them out of Canada.

Could be. The seller is in Toronto and since I am in Canada I am having a friend picking them up for me.
For sure I will let you know if I can use Power Windows. I will have them on within the next Month or so. The car is getting Lettered for Sponsorship.

Joe

The Doors were picked up by a friend of mine in Ontario and he says that the Doors weigh nothing. How much trouble is it to convert from Electric to Manual Window?

The Doors were picked up by a friend of mine in Ontario and he says that the Doors weigh nothing. How much trouble is it to convert from Electric to Manual Window?
Don't know. But if you have the mechanism, it cant be too hard. After all, you are swapping everything over to the new doors anyway.

I think these are the same fiberglass doors that I have. No issues with electric motors.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Nice Fit. If the electrics worked for you, then I don't see why not. Besides, how much weight can you save going manual anyways!!
Thanks for the pics.
Joe

No prob. I believe you'd save about 5lbs going manual windows and locks. Even with all the crazy weight savings I've done I didn't want to lose my power windows. I like being able to keep my windows down until the last moment in the staging lanes. Gets hot in there with pants, jacket, neck brace on... 3060lbs with me in it is still pretty decent lol.

No prob. I believe you'd save about 5lbs going manual windows and locks. Even with all the crazy weight savings I've done I didn't want to lose my power windows. I like being able to keep my windows down until the last moment in the staging lanes. Gets hot in there with pants, jacket, neck brace on... 3060lbs with me in it is still pretty decent lol.
For sure
Keeping the electric windows is a plus in the staging lanes. We will make it so!

No. I believe they do not. But I'm interested in your research. Please let us know if you discover otherwise.

Does the place in Canada still make them? I can't find them.
I just got mine and they are like original. All the holes are there even the hole for the electrical.
About that place in Canada. I tried calling and got nowhere. I had found the Company and now I can't remember, but when it comes back I will post it.