Fastest TSE car with 76?

quickt

I am wondering what the fastest ET that someone has run with a TSE legal car and a 76 turbo or any car with a 76 turbo. I have been working on Chris Metcalfs T-type and he went 9.41@142 1.31 60ft and a 5.90@117 in the 1/8 last night. This has to be one of the fastest 76 turbo cars.

Hard to believe we started at 10.80s with this car.

Lonnie, Willard Brown ran a 9.64 @141mph to win the TSE class at the '03 BG Nats and I know for a fact that Cal Hartline has run 8.92 @152mph with a 76 turbo.........

Also, if you check the Stage II section Jack Cotton has run 9.1x @149mph with a 76 turbo.......

From what I've heard the new GT-Q 76 turbo is good for around 1100hp!

Hehe, note that Lonnie asked about TSE Legal cars that have run fast with a 76mm turbo.

Originally posted by 86brick
Lonnie, Willard Brown ran a 9.64 @141mph to win the TSE class at the '03 BG Nats and I know for a fact that Cal Hartline has run 8.92 @152mph with a 76 turbo.........

Also, if you check the Stage II section Jack Cotton has run 9.1x @149mph with a 76 turbo.......

From what I've heard the new GT-Q 76 turbo is good for around 1100hp!

This car has a regular 76 Qtrim 82 housing. No GT stuff. Cal and Jack not good examples. I seen Cals 76 that looked like a 88/76 crossbreed. Not apples to apples. Willard is good example. Plus that Jack and Cal not TSE legal. This car is simple right down to the batch fire DFI and 3620lb weight. So we got a 9.64 who else anyone know?

Hey you asked for any car with a 76 turbo...... Just be happy I didn't tell you about some Mustangs:eek: ;) :D

In all seriousness that guys car is doing very well especially for being such a heavy car...... That 1.31 60' time is awesome!!!!!!!

THE fastest 76 turbo car

Hey Lonnie, you were right on some of the things you said about Chris M. car... It did weigh 3640 but then you added the 100 pound anti-roll bar! Lets just keep the math simple and say 3700 pound car. With power seats,power windows,power door locks,power steering, ALL the factory carpet (in the trunk also) the only thing missing out of the car is the top half of the back seat! Yes the car did go a 9.41 anyone don't think so...I have the video. But if you don't think that car ran like that you better bring a snickers bar! Oh ya and one more thing, its through a bone stock fuel system!!!!!!! (lines)

My hat is off to you Lonnie! You did one HELL of a job on this car!!!

p.s. Any one wanna street race the 3700 pound grocery getter?

Re: THE fastest 76 turbo car

Originally posted by Muskrat
Hey Lonnie, you were right on some of the things you said about Chris M. car... It did weigh 3640 but then you added the 100 pound anti-roll bar! Lets just keep the math simple and say 3700 pound car. With power seats,power windows,power door locks,power steering, ALL the factory carpet (in the trunk also) the only thing missing out of the car is the top half of the back seat! Yes the car did go a 9.41 anyone don't think so...I have the video. But if you don't think that car ran like that you better bring a snickers bar! Oh ya and one more thing, its through a bone stock fuel system!!!!!!! (lines)

My hat is off to you Lonnie! You did one HELL of a job on this car!!!

p.s. Any one wanna street race the 3700 pound grocery getter?

I don't believe that he ran 9.41 so to prove me wrong please post a link to the video........ Okay I do believe he ran 9.41 but please still post the video for all of us to see!!!:D

THIS IS A PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT:

If you have a video of a fast TR post the video please!!!!

Oh yeah I just remembered that good old Artie Paltz recently ran 9.60 @143mph with his Stage II GN and I'm pretty sure he has a regular 76 turbo...... I'm not sure if it's TSE legal but he did drive it to and from the track!:)

The fastest I know of ANY GN running a standard 76 was Lance Wards 9.02

Congratulations on the 9.41 !! that is impressive

WOW I did forget about Lances car having a 76. I know this car has tho be one of the faster stock head 76 cars. I was even more impressed with the 5.90@117 1/8 mile time and the 1.31 60ft. We are thinking about maybe at trying a 80 turbo but I hear guys that have went from 76 to 80 have not picked up anything.

i believe cottons car never went anywhere near that et with a 76 turbo, It went somewhere in the 9.6 area with an 80 turbo,and now around 9.3 or so with a BIG turbonetics unit 88 i think

Jack just ran his new best time with a 76mm Compressor.
It is basically a thumper with a small wheel though.
Lonnie was asking about the smaller t04 framed units.

Lonnie,

Could you please tell us more about the car when you get a chance?

Thanks in advance.

The car is simple.

274 stage 2 off center
9.0 CR
Atr Headers and dp
Racegate
Ported GN1 heads 1.65 rockers
244/244 Crane Solid roller
LT76 Qtrim .82AR
BGC intake (not tse legal)
V1 intercooler
83lb injectors
gen 6 batchfire DFI
Reds douple pumper fuel pumps
Stock fuel lines other than -8 from front frame to fuel rail
Southside bars with instant center brackets
stock uppers
ATR sway bar
3.50 gears

That 117 mph in the 1/8th bugs me. Last weekend at Etown my 144 pass was a 115 in the 1/8th. I'm not doubting you Lonnie, just wondering what happened to the 2nd half.

Jack went 9.4? with the Innovative 80 R trim. I've got that turbo on my car now. Innovative rates it at a 1000 hp turbo on one of our motors.

I'd put Jack's 76 half way between a t4 framed turbo and a thumper. That'll be the next turbo for me.

ok Otto, not too close on anything in that post, but nice try.. :cool:
I think it would have been 3, maybe 4 years ago, when the car weighed in at 3700lbs and was TSE legal, T76Q-.82 housing, and off the foot brake, she ran 9.71 on 21lbs of boost. I never did turn up the boost, running somewhere in the 1.50's 60ft. Was there more there? yep.... just wasn't into pushing things back then, just as I'm not now. Although........... turning the boost up to 26lbs is my goal for the upcoming event at Morrocco. This 76 turbo is pretty much what Paul described it as, sweet!!! My other excuse :rolleyes: was my cam choice, I built the motor back then for the street, a hydraulic roller just can't pull the RPM necessary to run the big number. I always seemed to run out of RPM about 3 seconds before the end of the track.... Turbo, alone, does not make the power.... it's the whole combination.
By the way, congrats on the times, awsome job!!

one more thing, Willard Brown ran 145mph with my old T76Q in TSE trim. I believe it was somewhere in the 9.40's?

Originally posted by 10SV6
That 117 mph in the 1/8th bugs me. Last weekend at Etown my 144 pass was a 115 in the 1/8th. I'm not doubting you Lonnie, just wondering what happened to the 2nd half.

Jack went 9.4? with the Innovative 80 R trim. I've got that turbo on my car now. Innovative rates it at a 1000 hp turbo on one of our motors.

I'd put Jack's 76 half way between a t4 framed turbo and a thumper. That'll be the next turbo for me.

Chris said that he thought the car slowed a bit as he got close to the finishline. We were thinking with the batchfire DFI and 83s we are probably running out of injector.

You are right Lonnie, the car did lay down. It sounded like it ran out of gas. You can hear it on the video. By the way I'm to stupid on a computer to be able to put it on the net. And whats up with all the doubt and critisisam. I alwase thought Buick guys stuck together, I don't own one (and it sux!) but these cars arent Camaros or Mustangs. These are a-lot more cool and special than that! I admit I own a Mustang, and when one of my friends tell me that they ran a good number, no matter how far fetched it is I still congradulate them on a job well done. WTF?

I hope you didn't take my post negatively. It wasn't meant that way. I really brought it up because I thought you had the tune too lean. I don't want to see you burn a motor down.

Congratulations on a great pass since I didn't say it before.

Hook that 60 ft up with the 1/8th time and enough fuel to keep pulling for the full 1/4. Then post that time. ;)

Originally posted by 10SV6

I was at kil kare dragway the lanes were packed, in line for 2 hours,[right behind Bobby Buick].This was my first and only pass, thats scary because car is always faster on third or fourth. When I launched it :eek: I knew it was on a hard run. It pulled like crazy til a little after the 1/8 just fell a bit after that but there was no way I could lift. Any ideas Lonnie had with this combo have always picked car up. What if it would have pulled all the way through.:eek: After all I told Lonnie I would be happy with 10.50's, then 9.90's, now what?