Faster Power Window Module

There is no magic when it comes to things like this. We ask to explain how it works. Simple question.

Bump the voltage up...

RemoveBeforeFlight

and use the original switch to tell the module with way to send the power... so while it might not be an off the shelf relay, it does the same job as one.

am i wrong in remembering that the biggest problem with GM power window motors from this era was in how they were grounded?

WHITE-SHEEP-2.jpg

... in a Ferrari that had windows even slower than what is in our gn's............it was so slow that i used to grab it with my hand and help pull it up... R Clark

I chuckled when I read this, I do the same in my Buick now. Grab window, pull up, hit the switch... I'll be getting one of your boxes.

RemoveBeforeFlight

It seems to me that if someone has taken the time and put forth the effort to engineer a new product for these specialty cars of ours for a reasonable price.
( I can't think of many parts for these cars under $200 ) That we would all be grateful, weather we buy one or not, I am very pleased to see intelligent people have a love for these cars as I do and would not want to discourage them from further development or from this forum.
Just my opinion. PS I like jellybeans.

Last edited:
If we were talking about a very complex component that in theory takes years and years of design to overcome a problem, there wouldn't be a second guess on spending $140.
But this is a bunch of DIY'rs discussing the speed of an electrical motor.
It just doesn't seem logical to spend the amount of money asked, to speed up a 12vdc motor in the year 2016.
You're implying what??
I too wanted this part,even emailed to get one.But when people started asking questions other then the normal.i too
was interested in what is involved in speeding up a window motor.

Not even close :)

if it doesn't increase the power to the motor to make it go faster, then how does it work? does it use a flux capacitor to create a series of wormholes to cause the window to travel thru hyperspace for several short bursts that makes the window appear to move faster while not really moving faster at all from it's frame of reference within the multiverse?

If we were talking about a very complex component that in theory takes years and years of design to overcome a problem, there wouldn't be a second guess on spending $140.
But this is a bunch of DIY'rs discussing the speed of an electrical motor.
It just doesn't seem logical to spend the amount of money asked, to speed up a 12vdc motor in the year 2016.

I too wanted this part,even emailed to get one.But when people started asking questions other then the normal.i too
was interested in what is involved in speeding up a window motor.
FWIW

Richard Clark is no DIYer....

Thank you for taking the time to address this problem. FWIW, years ago, I had to use a jumper pack to close the window on a gn. It moved so fast that I wasn't sure if the window shot up or the earth dropped down a few inches. I came up with a wiring fix but it doesn't sound as simple to install as yours. In fact, it would be far to complex for many of the people on this site.

I do all kinds of electrical work not only on cars but on an industrial level as well. I do controls and high voltage. I have to because I don't trust some house electrician to come in and wire my 3 phase motors the proper way let alone rebuild the starters. I am a sceptic because of experience. I know how shit works. No one is going to convince me with nonsense.

Give us a solid explanation. Thats all we want....

Rick

FWIW

Ya, but most of these newbies don't know that or could even begin to understand his level of expertise.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk.[emoji252]

FWIW

Ya, but most of these newbies don't know that or could even begin to understand his level of expertise.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk.[emoji252]
I dont believe anybody said anything about anybodys expertise,I also don't think this has anything to do with anybody personally.
Why is this being turned into a personal thing?

When I said diyrs I meant guys who work on there own chit.Including myself.Nothing else.
Maybe my literary skills aren't all that,and I said someone doesn't know what the hell there doing?
I reread my post and doesn't say anything of that sort.

if it doesn't increase the power to the motor to make it go faster, then how does it work? does it use a flux capacitor to create a series of wormholes to cause the window to travel thru hyperspace for several short bursts that makes the window appear to move faster while not really moving faster at all from it's frame of reference within the multiverse?

The comment was a relay.... no 12V relays that i know of will do this.