Fall MIDWEST SHOOTOUT INFO

Quick6'n'-K.C.

wana steal it? meet mr9mm
Staff member

I copy and pasted this from the missouri f-body forums so if you have any questions, post here or there.

This will be my 3rd time to this event and 2nd time racing, its a real good time, there were probably 4-6 turbo buicks racing there last year, should be more this year as the event is growing.

Its open to all domestic vehicles, race is from 10am to 6 pm, its more of a test and tune all day long, this year is the first for the payout.

PRE PAY ONLY 50.00 may sound a little steep, but all the cars there are pretty quick and the lines are not long with it capped to 100 cars.

Last march i had a blast with my white limited, if you want some videos, check out these kick ass videos from march 10th.

1320Video - Midwest Shootout - Spring 2007

1320Video - Midwest Shootout - Spring 2007

Missouri F-body :: View topic - Fall MIDWEST SHOOTOUT INFO

NOVEMBER 3RD 2007 at KCIR all DOMESTIC cars invited and race trucks only please.

Get directions to KCIR: Kansas City International Raceway - Maps/Directions

$50.00 per car
Spectaters are FREE
Please paypal to 1320race@sbcglobal.net
pm me for an address to send check
Racing starts at 10:00 ends at 6:00
Gates open at 9:00
THIS IS A PRE-REGISTATION ONLY EVENT, THERE WILL BE NO PAY AT THE GATE. Oct 1st is the cut-off for pre-pay. Its so early so I can get these classes figured out and I know were gonna have enough cash for it

There will be 2 sweet 16 classes that will be ran very quickly so it wont interfear with your times trials very much. The classes are as follows:

Pro Stock 16 Rules:

Must have factory firewall
must be under 10.5w tire or 12' tread
all power adders allowed
Fatest 16 cars are in the field
$100.00 goes to fastest car in field

Drag Radial 16 Rules:

Factory firewall
must have less than 10.5 or 325 radial
must have all working windows and lights
all power adders allowed
must have exhaust
must have factory type interior
$100.00 goes to fastest car in field

Rules may change abit.

Must have your timeslip to me by 12:00 sharp. First round will be at 1:00. There will be a nice payout for each of these classes, stay tuned for the purse. This will be a bracket set-up after you qualify. You will be in an index. Here are the index's:

1. 7.50-8.00
2. 8.00-8.50
3. 8.50-9.00
4. 9.00-9.50
5. 9.50-10.00
6. 10.00-10.50
7. 10.50-11.00
8. 11.00-11.50
9. 11.50-12.00

NO ELECTRONICS ARE ALLOWED. I would prefer no tampering to slow car down to next index, but thats your call. You break out in your index, you lose. Everyone that pays to get in has a shot at this. There will be no extra money to race in the sweet 16's

Things will be added periodictly, so keep updated on this.

Thanks, and lets get it on

I am gonna try to make it this time around. Maybe you guys can help me dial in my meth. If you get me in the 11's, I'll top off everyone's alky tank.

:smile:

Bring some slicks if you got em, the slick cars go under the tower and the lanes are alot shorter. Literally pull up and wait 10 minutes and race.

If you want to race, bring all your gear and we can definitely lend a hand.

We have all day to play.

Bring a TT chip too:smile:

BW

:smile:

Bring some slicks if you got em, the slick cars go under the tower and the lanes are alot shorter. Literally pull up and wait 10 minutes and race.

If you want to race, bring all your gear and we can definitely lend a hand.

We have all day to play.

Bring a TT chip too:smile:

BW

Do the ET radial guys go down there too? Or is just straight slicks?

I'm interested in going, but i dont know...50 bucks.....but its all day!

I wanna tune my car more, thats what this friday is for a little, but wanna get it faster for Noble, also i bet the track prep is a lot better for this event (the KCIR event)compared to a regular TnT night.

So im kinda on the fence about this event.....its right after oklahoma, but yet again i like racing my car!

-Adam

I wasnt impressed with nobles track again for 6 years, slimy and nothing extra added to make it worth the travel.... But of course i will attend, love being there and meeting more and more people.

Just slicks under the tower as of last year for that event, cant blame them with the faster cars running 7s,8s, and 9s.

See ya friday :biggrin:

BW

I was told that the Oklahoma chapter pays a little extra for better prep, but you cant believe everything you read either.

Its closer to sea level, that isnt worth it? :)

I'm crossing my fingers it doesnt rain AT ALL! Cant wait for friday!

Hoping for 11.70's--****, got the 1/8th for it!

-Adam

Just talked to 9secbird over on MO F-body. I think I'll make it this time around.

Already got the TT chip but it's not burned for alky. Probably should get that done before I go.

I was told that the Oklahoma chapter pays a little extra for better prep, but you cant believe everything you read either.

Its closer to sea level, that isnt worth it? :)

I'm crossing my fingers it doesnt rain AT ALL! Cant wait for friday!

Hoping for 11.70's--****, got the 1/8th for it!

-Adam

What did your car run in the 1/8th?

Just talked to 9secbird over on MO F-body. I think I'll make it this time around.

Already got the TT chip but it's not burned for alky. Probably should get that done before I go.

Yeah, get with Eric and have him alter the chip for methanol, hope to see you there.

BW

Best 1/8th is 7.45 92 mph (this was on an 1/8th mile track)

On my 11.90 pass, i did 7.55 at 92 mph Both with 1.7X 60 foots

So the 1/8th is there, but i think it was the over boosting that was killing me past the 1/8th. Also i dont lock the converter....yet

Just waxed the car, and very very ready for tomorrow! WOOO!!! What time will you get there? I plan to get there around 4:30-5 and wait for the gates to open, since i gotta drive i might as well get there early and let the car cool down for a while.

Will anyone be able to film the passes, as in if i bring a video camera, could someone that is obviously an other TR owner or someone film for me?? :cool:

-Adam

C'mon down fella's, its going to be alot of fun!:biggrin:

Maybe we should all join up for it and call it a midwest buick challenge!

BW

It really is a good time. I went last spring without the car and there was plenty to see and racing all day. Make as many passes as you want. It's not even a bad day trip from St. Louis if you bring someone to drive home. Lots of neat cars and no ricers like Gateway T&T. If we get enough Buicks to show up, I might be able to get a bracket class set up. If not, there are still all of the index classes. Plenty of spots left, but he's only taking 100 cars.

There is still room for about 60 cars, but it will be full by race day.
Last chance to go racing for many in the midwest. Let it all hang out before winter. Turn up the boost and see if it stays together. You have all winter to fix it.

Well, im sure that since its not sold out, it will sell out before the raceday.

I now was told that the reynolds event was the same weekend, had no idea.

Thanks
BW

I'm going for sure. Anyone else? There should be enough TB's around here to make quite a showing. It's not a bad drive from STL.

Chip is off to Eric for alky. Debating on whether to swap TC before I go. Need to get my 60ft under 2:30. Better make a decision fast, only a couple weeks left.

They dropped all the classes and are still charging $50 to T&T...not such a great deal IMO if the payouts are gone as well. For $10 more you can race 3 Sundays in November and win the same thing...$0. Hmmm, back out or not:confused:

I'm kind of biased since the guy putting it on is my neighbor, but $50 for 8 hrs of T&T with as many passes as you want isn't so bad. Plus it's good people, nice cars and no rice. I get tired of going to Gateway and getting three passes in 6 hours.