Engine oil cooler alternatives

Huffer

Had to rebuild the rotating assembly after the loss of the two center mains. Now I am making sure there is no metal left to contaminate the new engine. I would like to have the radiator engine oil cooler replaced, but the AC Delco part number (3039077) is no longer available. Does anyone have an aftermarket number that would fit the 86 Turbo Buick radiator? If not, I guess I'll go with an air cooled, condenser mounted, unit. Any size requirements on the air cooled plate type units?

Thanks again,:confused:
Dave

Have you contacted a local radiator shop ? I assume they would find something to work since they would have to reassemble the radiator unless you are able to do your own. Mine wanted $125 labor plus the part. I went with a B&M oil cooler off the write up on TBs.com, that way if I smoke an engine I can just replace a $70 cooler.

Now some will chime in on how you don't need a cooler.:rolleyes:

Thanks williamsGN- my radiator shop said he contacted all of his suppliers and the original style oil cooler was no longer available-
What I would like to do, in descending order is:
1-Replace with factory style cooler-or aftermarket
2-Some kind of air cooled cooler-
3- No cooler at all- heard the arguments, but would prefer some cooling-

Thanks,
Dave

I'd contact a specialty/race type shop that deals with cooling. I would think they could make something work if your set on the internal type, which is the best for cooling.

I know they are this side of the country but you could always give them a call for info.

Cal West Radiators