Ebay Question?

camino70

I received this question from an ebayer with no feedback and is new, not sure what to think of it?
Q: i am an agent interested in immediate purchase of your item.After several consideration over the advert placed on the website,my client who wants to open a business center for his wife has really shown interest in it and would really want to issue the payment in form of Cashiers Check/money order.Will you be accepting a Cashiers Check/money order? The cashiers check/money order that will be drawn by my client would include the cost for shipping this item to my client and my commission would be included on the same Cashiers Check/money order.We shall solely be responsible for the shippment of the item. Please contact me asap via email for futher questions as regards this transaction, if you really show willingness in selling this item asap.Thank You and I am expecting your response asap.

Never mind, as I read it again, it looks to be a scam, 'my commission would be included on the same cashiers check'.

What am I supposed to do with this?
TIA,
Ron

Does your auction offer a Buy-It-Now price? If not, I would respond by indicating you are not willing to end the auction early.

I would find this a polite way of brushing this off.

This is a common scam. Basically they send you a fake check or m/o, ask you to forward the balance. Your bank doesn't know the check is fake for a couple of weeks- so then you owe the bank the money and have no recourse.

I had a guy send me a cashier's check from Nigeria for $4,750. It was issued from a bank in New Jersey. He was supposedly purchasing 6 aquarium fish that were, fairly rare, but not worth $500 each by any stretch of the imagination. His directions were to keep $3,000 for myself and wire him the balance. I had read about the scam and had no intention of sending anything to Nigeria. So I got the check and it was from HEB bank. I called HEB bank, gave them the serial number, they said it was good. So I deposited it. My bank gave me the balance. Of course, about 25 days later I got a copy of the check in the mail and 'deposit reversal advice' that the check was bad. Which was hillarious, I had told both banks I suspected it was bad and they could not detect it.

Thanks! That is what I was thinking. I sent some info to Ebay, hopefully they may do something with it,
Ron