E85 Walbro 416LPH In tank Pump

I would beg to differ.. don't care if its a vendor or not ... 301 pump on E85 has been mid 10's on ALOT of cars.. on 80's ... I personally setup at least half dozen and they run mid 10's no issues.

Some vendors will put you into parts that they think you need.. I can tell you for sure .. a 301 will support mid 10's on E85 and be safe ...

The Walbro is a bigger pump.. so I don't see low 10's hi 9's as an issue...

If you really want to turn things up to block breaking levels ... use a twin intank pump ... run 9's all day on 2 301's

What does the 301 pump flow (is it 301 LPH) and at what voltage . Is that through the stock lines? Do you usea volt booster?

Thanks

What does the 301 pump flow (is it 301 LPH) and at what voltage . Is that through the stock lines? Do you usea volt booster?

Thanks

IT depends .. at what Pressure ? Nominal out of the box it flows 320 @ 13.5 volts .. turn them upto 15 volts they flow about 350 lph ...

Even @ 70 Psi of pressure they will flow over 300 with a hotwire and clean power.

Yes stock lines.. and yes some cars had a volt booster ... My car does not but it's right around 15volts at the pump.

IT depends .. at what Pressure ? Nominal out of the box it flows 320 @ 13.5 volts .. turn them upto 15 volts they flow about 350 lph ...

Even @ 70 Psi of pressure they will flow over 300 with a hotwire and clean power.

Yes stock lines.. and yes some cars had a volt booster ... My car does not but it's right around 15volts at the pump.
Full weight? What mods?

My DW pump could only support 60 gal/hr at 74psi with good wiring, no volt booster. stock lines. Anything past 60 gal/hr and fuel pressure fell off. That's only good for 425HP at .85 bsfc. That's like 12.0 territory.

To make 600HP the bsfc would have to be around .6

I do recall reading in another thread about the 416 pump started by Racetronix saying that you could not use the stock lines and that you had to use bigger lines; it would either damage the pump or not perform to its full potential. Not sure if that same rule applys for the DW pump.

My DW pump could only support 60 gal/hr at 74psi with good wiring, no volt booster. stock lines. Anything past 60 gal/hr and fuel pressure fell off. That's only good for 425HP at .85 bsfc. That's like 12.0 territory.

To make 600HP the bsfc would have to be around .6

Okey .. I will tell my car to slow down a second and a half :)

you must have had a SICK pump or other limitation... cause a 301 can handle alot more than that.

If you can only get 60 g/h ... something is fubar

I though all u could get this in an -AN sending unit that is how mine is -6 return -8 feed but according to them it would support 900 hp on gas and like 700+ on e85. But I think it's an 430lph

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I do recall reading in another thread about the 416 pump started by Racetronix saying that you could not use the stock lines and that you had to use bigger lines; it would either damage the pump or not perform to its full potential. Not sure if that same rule applys for the DW pump.

You can't get the static pressure down.. the return line is small.. there are simple ways around this.. on some cars even the DW will elevate pressure a bit...

The Key to getting these to run correctly is ample power.. CLEAN POWER . If you don't they will not perform and you can put whatever pump on you want it still won't perform like they should.
I especially like the guys that just throw on a hotwire kit and call it good ... hence they find pumps under performing. some of the hotwire kits are a total joke.

The pumps can support the power ... but its your job to make sure the car can support the pump...

So where are you getting this "Clean" power from that make the pumps run so well???

As far as injectors, on E-85 my car (stock internal motor) with a TE 60 was almost maxing out my #79's and I was running a best of 7.23 @ 93 mph. 120's are going in after the freshen up. #79 or #80's is where I would start with a stock motor and E-85 conversion.

Last edited:
So where are you getting this "Clean" power from that make the pumps run so well???

As far as injectors, on E-85 my car (stock internal motor) with a TE 60 was almost maxing out my #79's and I was running a best of 7.23 @ 93 mph. 120's are going in after the freshen up. #79 or #80's is where I would start with a stock motor and E-85 conversion.

Sure as hell isn't from almost 30 year old wiring that was marginal to begin with.

Your Maxing out a 79# injector on a mid 11 second car ?? maybe the injectors are junk or your fuel delivery is a problem ...you can get 60's to go that fast ... the Siemen 80's are the ticket with E85 ..

Okey .. I will tell my car to slow down a second and a half :)

you must have had a SICK pump or other limitation... cause a 301 can handle alot more than that.

If you can only get 60 g/h ... something is fubar

Well, my driver side seat upholstery is a bit worn out.... Car has some problems!

Sure as hell isn't from almost 30 year old wiring that was marginal to begin with.

Your Maxing out a 79# injector on a mid 11 second car ?? maybe the injectors are junk or your fuel delivery is a problem ...you can get 60's to go that fast ... the Siemen 80's are the ticket with E85 ..

Come on, i'm not running the stock fuel pump wiring. I'm using a Racetronic dual hotwire kit as well as dual Aeromotive 340's w/ a volt booster. So I know it not the wiring and the hotwire kit is not junk. As far as delivery, -8 feed and -6 return. Just wonder where the clean power should come from if not the alt?

With the injectors, Chuck Leeper checked and flow tested, everything was great. Just ran out on E-85, I've seen the same injector run 10.0 on race fuel.
Use to have a TT 340 pump before the Racetronix dual pump upgrade but it could not keep up. IDC was up to132% at one point

Last edited:
Any voltage tests should include both the + and - sides of the circuit.
Check the grounds!

Chuck, the voltage has been checked and the grounds are good. All the hardware is working just fine, E-85 just requires more than expected. ..

Chuck, the voltage has been checked and the grounds are good. All the hardware is working just fine, E-85 just requires more than expected. ..

So your running a DUAL HOTWIRE , TWIN 340 pumps with mid 11 second ET's and your still out of fuel right ?

While guys are running single 301's single hotwire verified good power on 80's running consistant 10's all day long ...

Car specific issues .. just sayin

Maybe add on another 340 and another hotwire kit :)

No, no, I didn't say fuel with the dual 340's. Just out of injector. The TT 340 was out of fuel. Once the Racetronix 340's went in I ran out of injector. #79/ #80's weren't for more than a stock internal motor w/ a TE 60 turbo.
Just waiting on the clean power source. It must be the magic spot to make a single pump run like a dual system.

No, no, I didn't say fuel with the dual 340's. Just out of injector. The TT 340 was out of fuel. Once the Racetronix 340's went in I ran out of injector. #79/ #80's weren't for more than a stock internal motor w/ a TE 60 turbo.
Just waiting on the clean power source. It must be the magic spot to make a single pump run like a dual system.

I never said that it would run like a dual pump.. what I said was and I will say it again ... a DW301 will take a FULL WEIGHT GN in the 10's all day without issue.. and if you ran an 80# injector out in the 11's those also have been MID 10's with no issues all day ... I guess I must be getting all the magic pumps and magic injectors ... OR .. it could be just your car :)

At any rate Sorry for derailing the OP's thread .. 400 Walbro .. 400 lph is plenty for mid 10's