E85 Walbro 416LPH In tank Pump

V8killR4U

Is there anyone using one of these pumps? If so what has been your experience with it and how much RWHP are you making?

In theory it should support a good amount of HP but I'd like to hear from someone who is actually using it.

Thanks

I have a 416 in my e-85 street car and I wanted to take full advantage of it so I also installed a 1/2" supply line and use the stock 5/16" vent line for the return.

Also, the pump hanger is a pro-type custom billet unit we made and are testing it which takes advantage of the larger lines.

Our preliminary testing shows it should be good to over 500 RWHP, and we may verify this Sunday at the dyno!

When we did the original conversion with stock lines and a 400 LPH pump, duty cycle was ~ 66% at 400+ HP.

I have a 416 in my e-85 street car and I wanted to take full advantage of it so I also installed a 1/2" supply line and use the stock 5/16" vent line for the return.

Also, the pump hanger is a pro-type custom billet unit we made and are testing it which takes advantage of the larger lines.

Our preliminary testing shows it should be good to over 500 RWHP, and we may verify this Sunday at the dyno!

When we did the original conversion with stock lines and a 400 LPH pump, duty cycle was ~ 66% at 400+ HP.

Nick, that's some good info. I was under the impression this was a drop in pump. Does the hanger need to be modified?
How far do you plan on pushing the pump? I would like to make in the neighborhood of 650 RWHP. According to the calculator this pump should support that but again I would like to hear from people that are actually using it.

Keep us posted on the data. Thanks!

I was told by a reliable source the 416 pump is good for mid 10s at most on E85. Still good for a single pump though.

...... I would like to make in the neighborhood of 650 RWHP. According to the calculator this pump should support that but again I would like to hear from people that are actually using it.

Keep us posted on the data. Thanks!

My race car has about 650 RWHP with e-85 and I use an external FP.

At that level I would never depend an in-tank pump on a hanger to supply an adequate and reliable fuel source. :)

For those running this pump, how quiet does it run? Is it comparable to a typical 340? Thanks, Scott

My race car has about 650 RWHP with e-85 and I use an external FP.

At that level I would never depend an in-tank pump on a hanger to supply an adequate and reliable fuel source. :)

What's the reason for not trusting an intank pump to a certain HP level? Does that rule apply to double pumpers etc.?

I was told by a reliable source the 416 pump is good for mid 10s at most on E85. Still good for a single pump though.

I've run the DW301 pump mid 10's on E85 and it was able to keep up.. I'm sure this pump would run faster than mid 10's

I would have thought so too But this reputable vendor said mid 10s is as far as he would push it

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I would have thought so too But this reputable vendor said mid 10s is as far as he would push it

I would beg to differ.. don't care if its a vendor or not ... 301 pump on E85 has been mid 10's on ALOT of cars.. on 80's ... I personally setup at least half dozen and they run mid 10's no issues.

Some vendors will put you into parts that they think you need.. I can tell you for sure .. a 301 will support mid 10's on E85 and be safe ...

The Walbro is a bigger pump.. so I don't see low 10's hi 9's as an issue...

If you really want to turn things up to block breaking levels ... use a twin intank pump ... run 9's all day on 2 301's

Sounds good Do any of those cars you set up run at Byron?

I have been kicking around e85 I am just not sure it is worth the hassle of switching from alky and 93 I run mid 10s now not even pushing it with 60s and a 14 year old fuel pump. Lol

Sounds good Do any of those cars you set up run at Byron?

Byron is a downhill track :)

You can see them run at the Grove and a few in Kaukauna...

As an aside I've seen a 255 car trap over 130 at full weight

I have been kicking around e85 I am just not sure it is worth the hassle of switching from alky and 93 I run mid 10s now not even pushing it with 60s and a 14 year old fuel pump. Lol

You wont ever go back to anything else ...
that's all I can say

I run basically the same at the Grove or Byron I just think the grove is a dump. Lol

I wanted to wait and see real world results with the 416 pump and e85 I was hoping the 416 pump would be good for 10 flat on e85 10 flat will be my goal if I ever rebuild my factory shortblock

I wanted to wait and see real world results with the 416 pump and e85 I was hoping the 416 pump would be good for 10 flat on e85 10 flat will be my goal if I ever rebuild my factory shortblock

The problem is at that power level ... ALOT of other crap comes into the mix... @ mid 10's you can still drive them and not have to wrench all the time ... faster than that ... you start stacking the cards against you pretty quick...
everything starts to be questionable ... motor, trans, diff, chassis, fuel system and on and on ...

Even if you DETUNE and run hi 10's .. plenty fast in the street and a 301 or walbro 400 can hold that all day long and then some.