E85 and spark plugs

I still am a little leary of that .042 gap :eek: how much boost have you run with these..if its less than 27#'s can you do a quick run for me at 27#'s and let me know how it goes for you :D

Sorry no can do ,it took me some time to get my car tuned perfect at 24 psi , plus not sure if I have enough injector already at 80% duty cycle with the 79# injectors. Maybe when I put the Fuellab pump in.120s & billet turbo :biggrin:

Well when I get Dr.Boost and his laptop to come to the track with me maybe I'll ease my way up there :eek:

I thought I would give the e3's a shot...ordered them and got them, but they seem like they are pregapped at .042...is there anyway to gap these things :confused:

edited: very odd that they don't show a gap on sparkplugs.com like they do for every other set of plugs

LOL... you dont gap these plugs because its not needed :rolleyes:
I've run them from boost levels 15 to 24 no problems. Tell me another plug that will do that. :)

Call Kirban and talk to him , he has plenty of customers that are very happy with the results.

Yeah I emailed Kirban and all they really said was that they are gapped .035". However I also emailed E3 and they claim a .040" gap. I also asked E3 if they were available tighter (something close to a .030" gap) to which they never responded :mad: so I re-emailed them and asked again. I let you know what I hear.

Lightning fast reply this time by E3 (thanks Steve at E3)...his response:

Jason,

All E3 plugs are gapped at .040 or higher…sorry we can’t help with the tighter gap.

Steve

Yeah I emailed Kirban and all they really said was that they are gapped .035". However I also emailed E3 and they claim a .040" gap. I also asked E3 if they were available tighter (something close to a .030" gap) to which they never responded :mad: so I re-emailed them and asked again. I let you know what I hear.

Why is it that you think you need a tighter gap with these plugs? :rolleyes: Have you seen the spark an E3 makes? Maybe you should check out the Horsepower TV video on their plug test.

Let me land the plane for you... I haven't gapped a plug in over year and run E-85 on the street with these plugs in my daily driver EVERYDAY in major Texas heat. The daily driver has seen 24# boost with these plugs......no problems.

Buy a set and give it a whirl.. :)

Yeah...I already bought a set...I guess I am just reading too much into gaps...I'm gonna throw them in tomorrow..Thanks all for your help!

Sorry no can do ,it took me some time to get my car tuned perfect at 24 psi , plus not sure if I have enough injector already at 80% duty cycle with the 79# injectors. Maybe when I put the Fuellab pump in.120s & billet turbo :biggrin:

3 psi could really send your injectors from 80% to maxed out?

Probably not but with a intank single pump already getting louder and the stock headgaskets still on the Car I am too scared to find out .I guess I could spray some alky and find out

Don't blame ya...and I got a new avatar to help out the old folk ;)

edited: which apparantly needs to be adjusted somehow