Dual Feed Double Pumper

BEATAV8

The Engine Whisperer
Dual -6 pressure lines and a single -6 return. Vent line eliminated, using a vented gas cap instead.

The dual feeds will run through dual check valves and dual filters before joining through a Y block. Running a single -8 line to the front of the car. The tiny check valves in the Walbro pumps have been eliminated.

Peiced this little bugger together at home.

DICKDP5.jpg

DICKDP3.jpg

DICKDP4.jpg

DICKDP1.jpg

... And where were you yesterday... Setup looks great too!! How much power are you expecting to make?

... And where were you yesterday... Setup looks great too!! How much power are you expecting to make?
Had some rain here in the morning so I layed low and started working on the car and just kept at it most of the day....
Power? Just hoping to keep up with Turbo Bob... hoping hoping hoping....

DSCN0621.jpg

Gonna go broke paying for the hoses and fittings though.... ouch!

Nice setup! Are you going to run both pumps all the time or run one on a boost switch? I ask because I am running that same regulator.

Nice setup! Are you going to run both pumps all the time or run one on a boost switch? I ask because I am running that same regulator.
It's set up to run either way right now. The Racetronix wiring is super easy to switch between full-time or Hobbs switch. Also plumbing it with dual low restriction fuel filters and dual one-way check valves to prevent pumping fuel backwards through the "off" pump. The cheesy little built-in check valves in the pump outlets have been gutted out. I've had those things fail and come out all on their own before so I decided to replace them with some real valves in-line.

I will be taking some data and posting it once the car is back together. The fuel rail is instrumented for pressure.

Yo Big Pimpin, that looks sweet. That's very similar to what I did on my cousins car. We brazed another 3/8 feed next to stock feed and then went to a Y block to -8 line. How is the fitting held on to the sending unit? Give us the parts list and where we can get them so we can save up little by little. All my credit cards are maxed out..lol

Man...I was so looking forward to crank you boost up at the Dyno.....you cheating bastard! You spend quality time elsewhere didn’t you?

Prasad

It's set up to run either way right now. The Racetronix wiring is super easy to switch between full-time or Hobbs switch. Also plumbing it with dual low restriction fuel filters and dual one-way check valves to prevent pumping fuel backwards through the "off" pump. The cheesy little built-in check valves in the pump outlets have been gutted out. I've had those things fail and come out all on their own before so I decided to replace them with some real valves in-line.

I will be taking some data and posting it once the car is back together. The fuel rail is instrumented for pressure.
Thats cool. I have the Racetronix wiring as well but I tried running both pumps all the time and could not get the regulator backed down far enough or had issues if I backed it down too far. Did you drill out the hole in that Accufab? Mine is unmodified. I am using -6 and the stock feed line as the return so that is not the restriction. I would like to run both pumps all the time but don't know if there is any real advantage to that.

Both pumps running at the same time will give you a certain pressure and if you turn one off you will see the drop in pressure. Monitoring the second pump coming on is a bit harder. Lights, bells, and buzzers just mean you sent power to turn the pump on.

Yo Big Pimpin, that looks sweet. That's very similar to what I did on my cousins car. We brazed another 3/8 feed next to stock feed and then went to a Y block to -8 line. How is the fitting held on to the sending unit? Give us the parts list and where we can get them so we can save up little by little. All my credit cards are maxed out..lol

Man...I was so looking forward to crank you boost up at the Dyno.....you cheating bastard! You spend quality time elsewhere didn’t you?

Prasad
Ha, you already boosted on my crank! Giggity Giggity Gay!
It was just me and the car on saturday..... I was messing around with this fuel pump contraption on and off most of the day.
The fittings are steel 90 degree adapters. -6AN X 1/4NPT. They are TIG welded into the steel plate. The brass NIPPLES are threaded on to the exposed pipe threads of the adapters. The return tube / hanger tube is TIG welded to one of the adapters and it still serves to return fuel to the bottom of the sump.

Thats cool. I have the Racetronix wiring as well but I tried running both pumps all the time and could not get the regulator backed down far enough or had issues if I backed it down too far. Did you drill out the hole in that Accufab? Mine is unmodified. I am using -6 and the stock feed line as the return so that is not the restriction. I would like to run both pumps all the time but don't know if there is any real advantage to that.
At this point I don't know if the Accufab will allow fully regulated return for both pumps running full time. I think TurboCliffy is running both pumps all the time into a stock fuel rail. But I do not recall what he is using for a regulator.

More pics... only been able to work on it a little bit, but getting there....
The white stuff is Prasad's favorite lube.

DSCN0762.jpg

Fuel lines are "serviceable" so I can easily disconnect the lines and drop the tank without a major pain in the azz....
DSCN0761.jpg

Dual rock catchers and one-way check valves mounted under the trunk.
DSCN0764.jpg

More pics / Little more progress:
Tank is installed. Dual feeds are connected to the twin 100 micron rock catchers and check valves.

DSCN0768.jpg

DSCN0769.jpg

Dual -6 feeds join together into a -8 fuel filter. 10 micron element.
(need some more mounting clips)

DSCN0765.jpg