Don't let this happen to you or your car!

Very Sad!!

I have an 18 year old. This will make me think twice about letting him drive it.
My condolences to his family .

My prayers go out to the family,this is a real tradgedy. I had a wreck a little over a year ago in my old 87 Turbo T, and i'm over 35. I wasn't injured, but I admit, I really underestimated what these cars are capable of with a few mods. Stock I could handle it, Few mods really woke it up. I got a 13 yr. old thinking he's going to drive it one day(NOT). Sh*t i'm still scared sometimes.

That is a sad thing to have happen, given i have no kids i wouldn't know the exact feeling, but just turning 19 he would be more like a friend to me. What i do have to say is that to all of you saying young kids shouldn't have cars is incorrect, what is correct is saying that in experienced drivers shouldn't have fast cars! I have had my Turbo Buick since i was 16, i took out a loan to buy it right after i got a job. I have not had any accidents, and i have always driven a rear wheel drive vehicle in the snow during the winter! I feel i have more driving experience than most adult drivers seeing that i have driven in all sorts of weather and i built an 11 sec TB that i drive a lot during the summer, and have been known to get caught in the rain on a trip with ET streets on with no problems. Like i said sorry for the loss just had to vent it makes me mad that people summarize us as kids, sorry but i have pulled out many of you adults that cant drive this winter, but what do i know i'm just a "kid"!!
,Dan

Very sad to hear. My 19 year old is always begging to drive mine alone and I will not budge on the answer, it is always NO. I did let him drive it while I was in the car and could see right away that he is not ready for this kind of power.
I will be showing this thread to him as soon as he gets home from work. I hope it will make him think a little harder about respecting horsepower.
My thoughts go out to the family.

Bryan

Very Sad, and unfortunate, my thoughts and prayers go out to the family.
It is every parents nightmare to think about the loss of their child. My daughter is 13 and she loves the GN.
God Bless

When I got my license, my first car was a 72 Nova with a 350. I always would beg my father to put a bigger better motor in it for me. I took me a while to understand why he didn't. And he would change the carb when he let me take it to the drag strip, but it always got changed back when I drove it to school. I now understand even more now that I have a 2 year old son of my own. My condolence's go out to the family and friend's.

Sorry to hear this story ......... my son is almost 2 and he sat with me in the car the other day playing with the wheel making his version of engine noises while i reved the gas (3inch straight back with no mufflers). He sweetly turned his head and announced " I Gott a GAR ". I thought to myself hes going to want to be sneaking out like my buddy did with his dads Plymouth satilite when he was 15 with this thing one day , I dont and even drive with him in the car ( The Buick) , its litteraly a death machine , glass bumpers lightned out here and there ,drives like its on ice . I told my wife the other night that it was her best chance of cashing out with my life insurance $$$. Anyway bottom line is we love our families and these cars are ALOT to handle for us ....and more than ever for someone just turning the key for the first time . I feel bad for that Family and that kid too , i hit a telephone pole back in 99 drinking and being stupid trying to outrun a cop after doing something stupider , i should have been dead i had a bump on my knee and a little mouse under one eye and a conncusion from hitting the windsheild my chest bent back the entire wheel , did not have the seat belt on .....the car was badly totaled after cutting a tel pole in two ....i guess it just wasnt my time ............................................. Maybe a cage in there wouldnd be a bad project to start on for the future .