Do I have a chance vs a 2013 cbr1000

bttwracing86T

YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE 6!
My neighbor has a stock one and wants to run. Do I stand a chance. See SIG for mods

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

No. You might get the jump on him, but the bike should easily outrun you anywhere north of about 50 mph.

On 2nd thought, there's only one way to know for sure. ;)

I already told you!!! He ain't a pro rider and like negro said...one way to find out!

Yes, I ran that same bike twice from a light he could not believe it but did pull on me from 55 the second time. Run him you have nothing to lose. Most of the guys I run on bikes won't launch hard.

A newer cbr1000 is a rocket, capable of 1/4 mile times in high 9's - low 10's , and will top end over 180mph pulling hard. I'm saying CAPABLE , not every joe blow will be able to produce those numbers. You can't compare bikes vs. cars....IMO

Hmmm.
I'd feel better if you traded the BFGs for some Micky-Ts. What does your car run in the 1320'?

Mike B.

Lol I'm going to he wants to run doe $1000 I said I'll run for fun he says he won't but I'll change his mind

Sent from my XT907 using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

1K is a bit stiff for a friendly race. Talk it up for a while and make him sweat he will botch the launch or end up on his back. Keep us posted

PS, you got this ;)

The funniest thing was when he was talking about it he asked what motors in my car my reply just a v6 he says it ain't no v6 I said I bet you $1000 lol. Wanna bet

Tell him you get to pick the spot, we can go prep your lane...I'll go lay down some rubber and vht for ya.

No offense but I don't think someone living in your neighborhood has a grand laying around to bet lol

Last edited:
Probably right lol I wanna get him to the track because he has no experience from it. Then I know I could get him

Probably right lol I wanna get him to the track because he has no experience from it. Then I know I could get him

Better go to the 1/8mile b/c the 1/4 he has the upper hand even with out experince...Paradise may let you run bikes agianst cars but I dunno

Yeah there an outlaw track so probably so good idea

Find someone with a 1000 and find out if you can take him. His money that is:D. I wouldn't race more than 1/8 mile on the street. with that race I bet you could take him.

It will be close in the 1/8th from a dig. Roll you can forget it. 6262 is done about 105mph and the bike will go 110-112.

I have a 05 r1. Went 10.70's bone stock @136 in the 1/4. Exhaust and power commander ran slower time 10.80's at 140 because front end coming up on me. Slowest time I ran 11.10. I think
you should run at the track because it will throw him off. Too bad we don't live closer I would race you to see how they compare.