Digital LED Tailights for the TR

Just got mine today. I am very impressed by the design and manufacturing. The packaging is even better than I expected on a shorter-run item like these. I only wish that the car I had lined up wouldn't have fallen through so I had the car to put them in! I guess I will have to wait to see how they look a little while longer.

Thanks to Scot W and Spaghetti for what looks to be an excellent product.

Also, I dealt with Scot for the ordering process and his communication was excellent. I also ordered the ASC liscence plate that he is selling and it looks fantastic as well!

I just finished installing the LED lights. Went smoothly and without a hitch, well I did almost forget to put the backup lights back in. I love the look and they are super bright. I don't think they are quite the same as the lights in your sig, Scot. My directionals are sequential all the way across both boards. There doesn't seem to be a way to make just the outer boards blink. If you change the dip switch on the inner board it still blinks, just not sequentially. I like both board blinking sequentially anyways, so I am tickled pink. Thanks Scot!!!!

Steve

So you cant get these anymore?....I've been reading it from the start and wanted a set but needed to get it on the road 1st now thats done.....

So you cant get these anymore?....I've been reading it from the start and wanted a set but needed to get it on the road 1st now thats done.....

Still available, just not at the sale price. Regular price is $279.00, I believe.

Steve

Got Em!

Scott,
sorry for taking so long to post. I recieved them at the end of the week that I purchased them!
-As stated by other members GREAT PACKAGING!!! they would be safe from the package smashers in most cases for sure!
- The quality of the boards are superior as well. I work on Bussiness class aircraft and have worked with aircraft grade LED boards and strips before... Very similar set up, so I say GOOD JOB TO S. Engineering!
- I have not installed them on my car as of yet because I intend to do something a little different with them. I will post pics of them when I am complete. I simply do not want to mount them in the fashion that is suggested in the instructions. (I will be building brackets)
-I would like to extend my Most sincere Thanks to Scott! Great guy to talk to on the phone. No troubles here...
They are worth the $279.00 but I am even happier I got them on sale!!! heheh

Best Regards
Matt

To anyone interested. Here's another method for mounting the LED boards. I did not want to drill the lenses. I used nylon threaded standoffs and epoxied them into place with JB Weld. Brass screws, filed to length, were used.

For the harness, I took the connectors apart and pried apart the terminals off the wires. Some I cut right in the terminal. The wires running from one side to the other were run through the harness. The ground wire within the tail light harness was reused. A power lead was run through the car harness from the fuse box to the trunk. An inline fuse was use near the fuse block. A small hole was drilled through the rubber plug through which the tail light harness passes. The power lead was passed through the hole and run through the remaining tail light harness. I purchased more terminals of the type used in the supplied connectors and crimped those on the wires. It's close to a factory look.

The flashers were grounded through a hole in the dash frame that is by the turn signal flasher and the left side of the radio pod. The hazard flasher ground lead was extended and run over the top of the steering column and grounded in the same place.

The 194 bulbs were replaced with LEDs from v-leds.com. I replaced the outer marker bulb sockets with shorter ones from the parts store to accommodate the longer LED bulbs. Those were disassembled in order to avoid cutting wires too much. (Although, a replacement harness was acquired)

I do agree with the others that these LEDs are a significant improvement in rear lighting.

Attachments

• Img_1370c.jpg
    Img_1370c.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 320
  • Img_1374b.jpg
    Img_1374b.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 313
Scott,
sorry for taking so long to post. I recieved them at the end of the week that I purchased them!
-As stated by other members GREAT PACKAGING!!! they would be safe from the package smashers in most cases for sure!
- The quality of the boards are superior as well. I work on Bussiness class aircraft and have worked with aircraft grade LED boards and strips before... Very similar set up, so I say GOOD JOB TO S. Engineering!
- I have not installed them on my car as of yet because I intend to do something a little different with them. I will post pics of them when I am complete. I simply do not want to mount them in the fashion that is suggested in the instructions. (I will be building brackets)
-I would like to extend my Most sincere Thanks to Scott! Great guy to talk to on the phone. No troubles here...
They are worth the $279.00 but I am even happier I got them on sale!!! heheh

Best Regards
Matt
Thanks for the compliments! I'm glad to hear they are Very similar to air craft grade LED boards! That means were doing something right..;)

Scot w.

To anyone interested. Here's another method for mounting the LED boards. I did not want to drill the lenses. I used nylon threaded standoffs and epoxied them into place with JB Weld. Brass screws, filed to length, were used.

For the harness, I took the connectors apart and pried apart the terminals off the wires. Some I cut right in the terminal. The wires running from one side to the other were run through the harness. The ground wire within the tail light harness was reused. A power lead was run through the car harness from the fuse box to the trunk. An inline fuse was use near the fuse block. A small hole was drilled through the rubber plug through which the tail light harness passes. The power lead was passed through the hole and run through the remaining tail light harness. I purchased more terminals of the type used in the supplied connectors and crimped those on the wires. It's close to a factory look.

The flashers were grounded through a hole in the dash frame that is by the turn signal flasher and the left side of the radio pod. The hazard flasher ground lead was extended and run over the top of the steering column and grounded in the same place.

The 194 bulbs were replaced with LEDs from v-leds.com. I replaced the outer marker bulb sockets with shorter ones from the parts store to accommodate the longer LED bulbs. Those were disassembled in order to avoid cutting wires too much. (Although, a replacement harness was acquired)

I do agree with the others that these LEDs are a significant improvement in rear lighting.
Viewing the different installations that people do is interesting. Nice work!

Scot w.

3 sets here on the shelf

I have three sets of lights sitting here that can go out right away if anyone is intrested.

Please PM me if your intrested..

Scot W.

Old thread back from the dead...........but would like to add my findings/issues just to add to the knowledge pool for future searches.
Been installing my set in my spare time over the last few days and today after completing the wiring I had no running lights as well as if I had the blinkers, hazards and or brake pressed and turned on running lights everything would shut off. I contacted Spaghetti {Sebastion} and he said its a resistive issue and that a few cars every now and then have it and new boards are being shipped out tomorrow with a program change to fix the issue. I also called Scott and let him know the dealy as well and of course he was very supportive and exhibited the normal outstanding level of customer service that GNS always does.
While im a little frustrated that this has happened...but its the law of gearheadom I figured that out long ago LOL..... the company listened and worked with me on the phone while we stepped through some testing and was very supportive and had great customer service. Ill post up the final result when the new boards are installed.

Update....got these working...the LED kits was fine...no issues. I had bought some 1157 bulb wiring adapters and I wired them incorect mistaked black for ground. Figured it out with a meter and swapped the wires and walla......white is ground and black is running lights and red is brake/turn or switched. .It looks freaking awesome!! Spaghetti sent out new boards yesterday as promised and I fixed this today as I was going to add more resistance to the circuit and thats when I discovered the adapter problem.
So hats off once again to Scott and SE

Last edited:
Instructions could be updated to show that the wiring harness and ground is located inside the trunk. There are several brown wires to sort through if you don't know or see this.
I read through 15 pages of post to find that it's bit.

Also the nylon screws received were too short to utilize the spacers.
The led reverse bulbs bottom out and do not secure properly.

Still working on the install. Will update later.

I agree with the led reverse bulbs...... I believe I filed them down to get them to fit. Once I got them installed, they are awesome though..... plenty of light

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk