Dead Stage 2

hey had the car dynod yesterday

Big thanx to

Jeff, Pete "silver turbo", Joe, Louis Pete's gril for alowing him to come out. Beto ceja, Lee, and every one that came out had a good time,,, the dyno guys were cool...
Car hauls...
Mark your grilfriends twin sister is good looking you should come meet her.
The buick community is the best every one helps out and sticks together we should make some cool shirts that say,,,,,Sothern California BUICKSTERS......

Big thanx to

Jeff, Pete "silver turbo", Joe, Louis Pete's gril for alowing him to come out. Beto ceja, Lee, and every one that came out had a good time,,, the dyno guys were cool...
Car hauls...
The buick community is the best every one helps out and sticks together we should make some cool shirts that say,,,,,Sothern California BUICKSTERS......
Ralph I have to say reading about your progress & adventures are most entertaining.I hope your friend has recovered from his third degree burns after that horrible barbecue incident. Jeff I'm going to suggest to Steve Hurst to make up a plaque & award it to you for your dedication & service at the next bates reunion.Neal next Regal that comes up for sale please give me a shot at it.I feel incomplete & disconnected here without a Buick in my life.

Big thanx to

Car hauls...

Well????????????
What kinda numbers did it put into the rollers?:biggrin:

I feel incomplete & disconnected here without a Buick in my life.

If my Czarnota built Buick would break, I'd bring it back to you to work on....but the silly thing won't break.
I'm trying as hard as I can!!!!:biggrin:

Well????????????
What kinda numbers did it put into the rollers?:biggrin:

If my Czarnota built Buick would break, I'd bring it back to you to work on....but the silly thing won't break.
I'm trying as hard as I can!!!!:biggrin:[/QUOTE

Have you ever considered loaning it out to Ralph & must I think of everything ?

turbolou said:
Neal next Regal that comes up for sale please give me a shot at it. I feel incomplete & disconnected here without a Buick in my life.

I know what you mean Lou I've experienced the same thing. I ended up volunteering to help my buddy pull his motor, rebuild it and put it back in. That made the desire for one of my own fade.

I'm sure I'll have a future lapse of judgement and a Turbo Buick will be leaking fluids all over my garage floor soon. Isn't the definition of insanity to continue to do the same thing and expect the results to be different?

Neal

lol

I know what you mean Lou I've experienced the same thing. I ended up volunteering to help my buddy pull his motor, rebuild it and put it back in. That made the desire for one of my own fade.

I'm sure I'll have a future lapse of judgement and a Turbo Buick will be leaking fluids all over my garage floor soon. Isn't the definition of insanity to continue to do the same thing and expect the results to be different?

Neal

that is an addiction continuously doing something despite negative consequences so you would merely be a junkie not insane :biggrin:

Neal
Neal are you trying to insinuate that we may have a mental imbalance & Buick's tend to leak oil ?

Car runs good and is strong. The injectors limited us to 24#s @ 80% duty cycle.car will put down over 700 with 96# injectors. Still dont know if we can trust ralph with that much power,

Where were you in the RPM band where you were seeing 80% DC? I know I see 90% on at the shift points in my GTO. I don't worry about it much but there isn't a lot of margin either. I don't want to push it any more so I'm stepping up to 60's.

Neal

Where were you in the RPM band where you were seeing 80% DC? I know I see 90% on at the shift points in my GTO. I don't worry about it much but there isn't a lot of margin either. I don't want to push it any more so I'm stepping up to 60's.

Neal
Neal early on when I had my TT V/6 car I was able to run mid 8's with 82 # motorsport red top injectors. I had the F/P set at 60# static & darn near 100% duty cycle It was all a learning curve back then & fried some parts till I figured it out. This was in the early 90's & not a lot of choices in injectors were available back then. I think in Ralph's case with a good fuel system & proper F/P that should be all he would need & be good for a safe 800 HP which is the max I would push that engine.

I ran the same Red's dual fuel pumps and 83# injectors well into the 9's(9.50).
Once the fuse went out on my second fuel pump and I still ran 9.90 however my duty cycle was up into the 90% range. On my setup I used a -10 fuel feed line and the return was the original feed.
During the dyno run I notice the IAT was going down during the run (even after several pulls) and the a/r dipping into the 10:1 range. I asked if the alcohol was turned off and Pete showed me that it was but I think we bypassing the check valve and getting some alc. in the mixture. That would explain the low IAT numbers (89F) and the moving target that we were experiencing on the a/f numbers. We also picked up about 10hp by removing the hose on the incoming air to the turbo.
It was not mentioned that the first few pulls were done in street form (closed exhaust, premium gas and alc) and at 15# of boost we produced a max. of 550 hp.
Jeff

Pete did a little more dyno tuning for Ralph today and the car made 606 hp @16 lbs of boost with 91 gas and alk. running through the exhaust.
Had some issues with the race numbers because they could not get the boost over 24 lbs. (670 hp). He might have some back pressure issues because as Pete brought the boost up from 16#'s to 20 lbs. he made about the same hp as the street program. a/f numbers (I think they were running 11.5) looked good and the EGT's were about 1525F.
Jeff