Dead Stage 2

Is Chad working with TA heads? I tried different spark plug sockets and tried to modify one but they did not work. I did not want to go through all the trouble of removing that header but after speaking with a few people it seemed like the only option. Reg had his ATR header modified and he still has to use a special socket.
Jeff

We've had a few customers where we installed TA heads, but I don't recall spark plug access being a problem. I just remember this one case where I was working on an engine with tight headers and I was trying to use a spark plug socket like the one in your picture. It wasn't working out and Chad handed me this set he got off the tool truck. The socket is very short with a hex around it. I don't even think it extended past the end of the plug. It did work for me.

I use these

not sure where I got them.

Attachments

• MVC-075F.jpg
    MVC-075F.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 390
Snap-on makes a swivel sparkplug socket. That's what I use. Works great for the hard to get, #6 plug.

Mike B.

I thought I would update everyone as to the original melt down of Ralph's Stage 2. We knew it was a fuel delivery issue and I replace the fuel pumps, regulator, filters etc. but was never sure I found the smoking gun. The other day I tried to start his car and it would not start. It turned out to be no fuel pressure; after some CSI work I found that someone put a spade connector in the grey wire connector that is located behind the alternator. One of the two wires in this spade connector went to a Hobbs switch (set to turn on at about 22 lbs. of boost. It has been now lowered to come on at 15) and onto a relay. The other wire went to the primary pump hot wire relay. This type of plug and play setup gives a very shaky power connection to the fuel pumps. I would only use this connector for test purposes or to drain out the gas tank. I think during his last run, he lost this connection and it leaned out. The leads are now hard wired.
Jeff

It is running very well again. A scary ride on the street. Ralph is picking it up tonight and we will dyno it in the next couple of weeks after he logs some miles.
Jeff

It is running very well again. A scary ride on the street. Ralph is picking it up tonight and we will dyno it in the next couple of weeks after he logs some miles.
Jeff

With ralph behind the wheel and his mexican lead foot I doubt it will last a couple of weeks., good luck jeff. :biggrin:

so its Ralphs turn

with his car , LOL
be nice Ralph, that is a very nasty ride.

Very nice.

This should help with getting the pizza delivered while it's still hot.:D

Might be time to think about a double nozzle for the alky.

Mike B.

Hey
just came home from driving the limited running strong put a total of 40 miles in today its a bear.. sounds wiked!!!!

will be driving it to long beach then back to dana point for the cruise..

sunday 4-18-10 Pizza cruise who's coming?????