Custom exhaust

Hah, I'll be the test guinea pig. My cars in the shop now getting a custom exhaust. I'll post vids and pics

Hah, I'll be the test guinea pig. My cars in the shop now getting a custom exhaust. I'll post vids and pics
Can't wait to see what you had done! I am thinking of ordering the Flowmaster 10 2 1/2 in and dual 2 1/2 out and then just taking it to a exhaust shop to custom bend the side exit pipes. What did you do or have done?

I have the pypes 2 1/2 system. Sounds great to me. They just cut off a lil of the pipe and custom shaped tubing to exit out the side. I went away from the traditional round tips. I went with the square /rectangle from jegs. They are made by Gibson Exhaust.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 135
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 118
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 121
Thanks man. I was at work when it was done. It was off the rack when I got there. I did look though once off. I will put it in the air and get pics during daylight tommorrow. It sounds great as well. The only thing that I want now is to figure out how to raise them up a bit. I didn't want that 1/2 or so there, but the frame is in the way

I got my custom dual side exit exhaust done now too. Very aggressive sound, especially when on the gas. By 1/2 throttle it is a good low rumble. There is more exhaust noise heard in the car with the pipes coming out just behind your hips but this is to be expected.

No problems on spool up either. I could see how a really restrictive system would hamper spool up but the more free flowing the better. Just look at the test pipe dumps, no problems spooling there.
I ran mine as simply as possible, altogether I have less than $200 in it. Could I have gotten the pipes 1 piece and bent, for sure. But this works great. To each his own.
Here is a couple pics from under the car though I changed the hangers around to pull it tighter to the floor pans. If need be I will install a heat shield above the muffler. I kept the test pipe dump option open for later too.
And I have all my original exhaust pipes unaltered so if I ever change my mind I can rehang in an afternoon.

Attachments

• 102_0538.JPG
    102_0538.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 97
  • 102_0539.JPG
    102_0539.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 87
Well done on exhats mine sounds amazing 0 spool issue as well and if anything it seem to spool faster that could be also due to the new alky kit and such

I have my new turbo installed now too so I can't tell on just what the exhaust did for me but mine spools like a madman! And sounds like a really pissed off madman to boot!

Haha theres still snow but theres a car show in a few days so had to get a base tune done before i got it almost dial in cars only putting .2 deg of timming with one green light on knock gauge and its a monster pretty sure iv broken the 500 hp mark