Chris Chow!!!! What do you think???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've run a best MPH of 170mph and best ET of 8.2. I've been racing in the PSCA and there was suppose to be a race at Sacto. The organizer cancelled it and moved the race to Vegas at the end of July.

I've never tracked my car at sea level. I think it will do much better. PSCA has 8 races this year and two of them being in Arizona :( What a haul. You can imagine what I put my team through. I want to make a grudge night at Sacto this year.

Originally posted by Kid
Yea im ignorant!!!!!!

If you look at what i said i wasnt attacking anyone, untill i was attacked,(and chris, touch me im a minor;) )

Yea...... I dont know, i live close to sac raceway and i see him out there all the time..... Hes let me down too many times!!!! You hardly ever see a good run and when you do you dont have the camera on!!! Personally id rather see my dad run his 750+ horsepower street car(in the prosess of being built) all day!!!!! I had respect for the guy at one point but once i saw it run it wasnt too impressive!!!!!

Im not big on the fact that it is an sbc tt,but i thought it was the most bad ass car i had seen in my life when i first saw it, i even told him that, but when i saw it run i was almost heartbroken......
9's out of a 1000+hp car. The point of my post was to see what people thought about chris's car, IT WAS NOT TO START A FIGHT, beleive me if i wanted a fight i would bring it to your doorstep(not a forum), im a friendly guy but not one to f!@# around with!!!!!

But Chris i did do some research on your car and i guess you have made some VERY impressive passes lately...... Why dont you do the same in SAC????:D So i apologize if i hurt your feelings :) !!!!!!!

Chris I would like to hear some details on that 600 rwhp 87 in your sig.Thats real impressive.Is it a stock block car?I must admit I am one of those that don't like the SBC thing,but like others have said...It is YOUR car.If I may ask....Why push the stock style suspension so fast? Don't you ever get scared on some of those hairy looking passes I have seen vids of?

Anyway,its undeniable how fast the car is and all and we all know the SBC is cheaper and more reliable.When exactly did you make the choice to go the v-8 route?I understand you have done the stage 2 thing and all.Just wondering why you havent just converted to a tube chassis besides the expense factor,you know for safety.

Originally posted by Kid
Yea...... I dont know, i live close to sac raceway and i see him out there all the time..... Hes let me down too many times!!!! You hardly ever see a good run and when you do you dont have the camera on!!! Personally id rather see my dad(tom houser) run his 750+ horsepower street car(in the prosess of being built) all day!!!!! I had respect for the guy at one point but once i saw it run it wasnt too impressive!!!!!:eek:

ARE YOU SERIOUS???

And may I ask how is YOUR car running at the track (not your dad's "in the prosess of being built"car)???

Uh... do you even have a car running at the track? Is it anywhere near the level where Chris has his? Do you even know what it takes to do something like that?

If you don't, then maybe you should shut the f##k up and learn something from people that ARE doing it!!

I also want to ak you Chris....on a solid pass with a good hard launch,what has been your best 60' and 1/8 mile e.ts in the SBC car?I wonder what the 1/8 is for that 8.2 pass.

kid, what good came of your original post, what was your real intent, do your really care what we think of chris's car, and to start out your question with the individual in questions bad runs isn't a way to get an objective awnser, and using your dad's cars potential makes you seem even more immature, and you might be a firecracker in your own image, but when you grow up and stop using phrases like " i'm a minor" you might realize that tossing around how big you think you are is the best way to realize how small you probably are, but this is a car board, horsepower does the talking,
Grant

There needs to be some sort of "maturity test" before one is allowed to become a member here. I love when guys brag about "not being one to "F" with", like you're friggin' Mike Tyson or something. Yeah, you're a minor, so one of us would be stupid to hit you, because you'd probably bitch up and call the police. Big man. I'm soooo scared. Go away, let the real men play here, I'm sure theres an N' Sync message board somewhere you can play on.

One other thing you may want to consider: Coming on a public forum and shooting your mouth off about your dads bad ass car may cause someone to go gunning for him, to show him how "fast" his supposed 750 HP car really is. Your dad may not appreciate that. I'm sure he's worked hard to build his car, like the rest of us adults, and I doubt he would like his first day at the track to end by being humiliated by a faster car owned by someone you pissed off. Ever heard the phrase "Don't let your mouth write checks your ass can't cash"? It applies here....

Originally posted by Kid
Yea...... I dont know, i live close to sac raceway and i see him out there all the time..... Hes let me down too many times!!!! You hardly ever see a good run and when you do you dont have the camera on!!! Personally id rather see my dad(tom houser) run his 750+ horsepower street car(in the prosess of being built) all day!!!!! I had respect for the guy at one point but once i saw it run it wasnt too impressive!!!!!:eek:

well i'm only 24 and i built an 800+ hp daily driven (driven from SF to LA last weekend infact) car and i think your dad is a fag and a ***** for being scared to build a REAL street car. why sell yourself short? I hope the car he's building that is OHHHH SO IMPRESSIVE and only making 750 hp is honda powered, that is the only way i can imagine it being mentioned in the same sentence as one which traps ONE ****ING SEVENTY!!!!
scratch that, i can't ever see a reason that a 750 hp car would be mentioned in the same sentence as a low 8 second car (which is well on it's way to high 7s).

this is TURBOBUICK.COM and chris chow owns a TURBO BUICK!!!!!
maybe if one of your dip**** v6 obsessing hippies want to preach about how chris' car isn't your cup of tea then start www.v6buick.com and he'll keep his FAST car out of his sig over there.

sixgun, it's in the 1.9 range ;) keep in mind he's still handicapped by ****ty as hell stock GN suspension... oops. Chris' car ISN'T a GN so how can it have stock GN suspension???? **** now i'm confused. :confused:

Hey Chris, there will always be haters. Just forget about them, and remember that opinions are like Arseholes.......everyone has one, but most sane people wipe there ass.

Chris is one the nicest guys that races in the PSCA, he will give the guy he runs next round the shirt off his back so doesn't have to run by himself.

See ya in the lanes Chris!!! Lookout for that wheelstanding HEAVY 72 Pick'em-up truck, we've been doing some hot weather testing here in AZ......getting ready for Vegas:D

Jamie

Re: Re: Chris Chow!!!! What do you think???

Originally posted by Mr Paint Job
well i'm only 24 and i built an 800+ hp daily driven (driven from SF to LA last weekend infact) car and i think your dad is a fag and a ***** for being scared to build a REAL street car. why sell yourself short? I hope the car he's building that is OHHHH SO IMPRESSIVE and only making 750 hp is honda powered, that is the only way i can imagine it being mentioned in the same sentence as one which traps ONE ****ING SEVENTY!!!!
scratch that, i can't ever see a reason that a 750 hp car would be mentioned in the same sentence as a low 8 second car (which is well on it's way to high 7s).

this is TURBOBUICK.COM and chris chow owns a TURBO BUICK!!!!!
maybe if one of your dip**** v6 obsessing hippies want to preach about how chris' car isn't your cup of tea then start www.v6buick.com and he'll keep his FAST car out of his sig over there.

sixgun, it's in the 1.9 range ;) keep in mind he's still handicapped by ****ty as hell stock GN suspension... oops. Chris' car ISN'T a GN so how can it have stock GN suspension???? **** now i'm confused. :confused:
You think anyone is gonna believe this crap?

Originally posted by sixgun86gn
Chris I would like to hear some details on that 600 rwhp 87 in your sig.Thats real impressive.Is it a stock block car?I must admit I am one of those that don't like the SBC thing,but like others have said...It is YOUR car.If I may ask....Why push the stock style suspension so fast? Don't you ever get scared on some of those hairy looking passes I have seen vids of?

Anyway,its undeniable how fast the car is and all and we all know the SBC is cheaper and more reliable.When exactly did you make the choice to go the v-8 route?I understand you have done the stage 2 thing and all.Just wondering why you havent just converted to a tube chassis besides the expense factor,you know for safety.

As Chris's official spokeswoman I can give you some answers.

-The stock suspension thing is just something we wanted to try before a full tube or an outlaw firewall back 25.2 Car. The mustangs are going 7.7 to 7.8s on the stock suspension so we have something to shoot for. Please keep in mind they are about 400lbs lighter.

-The car was more scary before the Wolfe Suspension.
That seemed to tame it down pretty well.
The car went 8.3s with a detroit locker, that is scary =)

-I was looking through National Dragster and found Bob Rieger having a fire sale on all his small block stuff. He was able to get the motor for the same amount of money that someone offered for the v-6. There was still more left in the v-6 motor with a turbo upgrade but v-6 would never come close to the v-8s dyno proven 1700hp. Based on the local racing org PSCA the v-8 would alow us to compete and not have to wrench on the car all the time.
Not to many people run their v-6s for a full racing season making 1500plus HP.

Sorry if that was to wordy!

Kid VS Chris Chow

First off, I Apologize if ive angered anyone!!!!! This doesent involve my dad, and i dont care about "how fast your car is" being good at something is being good at something in your class and id much rather see a clean street buick run 11:50's all day long than a car with a 7sec potential run 9's!!!! I had my buddies their at the last event in sac and i said "watch that BUICK run your HEROS car and chris got slammed and that fu#$in killed me none of my buddies take Turbo regals seriously anymore!!!!! And thats where my anger comes from!!!!! But chris, since your car is running strong, Bring it to sac so i can show my friends what a turbo buick can do(even though it has an sbc)

I never meant for that post to go that far i just get pissed real easy!!!! And i apologize, just cuz im 16 dosent mean im a Fuc&^in idiot i know what im doin for the most part but am still learning and thats why i belong to turbobuick.com
:) So quit all the hate talk and if you really have something to say email me At kid-gn@buickturbo.com

I have edited and deleted some of the post in this thread , if this thread continues down the same useless path then I will lock it .

Also I have notice some members breaking many of the TB.com rules , if this type of behavior continues those members will not be allowed to post or reply to a post in the lounge.
Everyone please conduct yourselves accordingly.

Jesse

Originally posted by n20junkie
kid, what good came of your original post, what was your real intent, do your really care what we think of chris's car, and to start out your question with the individual in questions bad runs isn't a way to get an objective awnser, and using your dad's cars potential makes you seem even more immature, and you might be a firecracker in your own image, but when you grow up and stop using phrases like " i'm a minor" you might realize that tossing around how big you think you are is the best way to realize how small you probably are, but this is a car board, horsepower does the talking,
Grant

Very well said..........;) ;)

Matt:cool:

i would like to see that race I will bring my GN down there and race with you guys too if you dont mind.

Originally posted by John Wilde
As Chris's official spokeswoman I can give you some answers.

-The stock suspension thing is just something we wanted to try before a full tube or an outlaw firewall back 25.2 Car. The mustangs are going 7.7 to 7.8s on the stock suspension so we have something to shoot for. Please keep in mind they are about 400lbs lighter.

-The car was more scary before the Wolfe Suspension.
That seemed to tame it down pretty well.
The car went 8.3s with a detroit locker, that is scary =)

-I was looking through National Dragster and found Bob Rieger having a fire sale on all his small block stuff. He was able to get the motor for the same amount of money that someone offered for the v-6. There was still more left in the v-6 motor with a turbo upgrade but v-6 would never come close to the v-8s dyno proven 1700hp. Based on the local racing org PSCA the v-8 would alow us to compete and not have to wrench on the car all the time.
Not to many people run their v-6s for a full racing season making 1500plus HP.

Sorry if that was to wordy!

No not too wordy at all.I knew about the stangs doing 7s on the same type of rear suspension,but like you said they weigh less.Now that I know more of the story behind the car it makes good sense.Makes it a little more interesting to me.

What kind of cage does the car have in it.Doesn't it have to be certified for 7 second runs?Well no matter what is in the car I wish Chris a safe run every time he goes down the track.We all know that car has the power to get real scary real quick.

The cage is x braced on the doors, has a diagonal roof bar, bars through the firewall to the front of the frame and of course going to the trunk and supporting the chute. With a couple more bars I think it can get to 25.5. It has the Sportsman to 7.50 cert now. Once that expires we might be in a little trouble!

Status
Not open for further replies.