Chris Chow!!!! What do you think???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Re: Re: Chris Chow!!!! What do you think???

Originally posted by nisnutz
You think anyone is gonna believe this crap?
believe what crap?

that i built a daily driven car w/ 800+hp from the ground up by myself in my garage, motor and everything?

That this is TurboBuick.com and not Turbov6.com?

or that the only true GN parts left on chris' car (except for the entire interior) is the one MAJOR component hold him back?

all three are true so you better believe it, Mr Nis.

reading some post from other members, i think this "immaturity" argument is invalid

john wilde....what do you mean by "spokeswoman";)

I was taking a title that I was given by a board member.
If you can not laugh at yourself then you should not laugh at or with others. :D

Well, another 'Chris Chow, hero or traitor?' thread draws to a close. He needs to get an email address like

yeahitsav8@idontcarewhatyouthink.com

....but it's fun. Maybe we could have one of those throw the ball at the target and Chris falls into the tank of water sorts of things for charity.:D

I can't make it sadly :(

Mel at PSCA www.psacaracing.com moved our next race from SActo on the 9th and 10th, to Las Vegas on July 30th and 31st. :mad: :mad: My crew and are aren't very happy about that at all. I had plane tix and hotel rooms ready and they moved the event about 2 to 3 weeks ago. :confused:

IdahoGN purposely scheduled our race for turbo thunder and now I can't make that race.

I am however, offering the potato car (Shawn's old-GN) to John Mackenzie to trailer up to Turbo Thunder for the race. At least my Grand National can represent!

Originally posted by LV GN
chris--are you coming to turbo thunder this year? len

The 600rwhp 87 GN is IdahoGN's Ex car. It has JWilde's old powerplant. It used to have M&A heads. Those heads floweed like gangbusters. Unfortunately, those heads were more porous than an old kitchen sponge!!!! When IdahoGN was campaining the car,
(including Turbo Thunder :) ), it had broken the rocker rail right off the head :mad:

He replaced the head with GN1's by Cal Hartline. It's still a stock block car with billet main caps, 0.020" JE pistons, a MONSTER roller hydraulic cam from Duttweiler, T-72 turbo with R-trim wheel, twin SX pumps, FAST wide band sequential ECU (John Wilde's unit), 72 lb injectors (I know they are getting small for the application), forged moser axles, A/C delete, chromoly roll bar. And, hoping to do 10's here at sea level:)

I like to push the stock style suspension because I like the challenge. I also feel that going to a back-half running 10's is completely unecessary. If opinions count, 9's are fine on the stock suspension (with some minor mods). I like to push the envelope a bit. I'm really close to making a 7 second pass, after that, a tube chassis car is definately something I look forward to racing in. Just to keep up with the rest of the field running tube frame door slammers, I'm looking at a BBChev and Duttweiler again.

You are right about the safety thing, the track must be in good condition for me to make a straight pass. If there's any hint of oil or coolant or water, I see gaurd rails and the finishline at the same time.

Originally posted by sixgun86gn
Chris I would like to hear some details on that 600 rwhp 87 in your sig.Thats real impressive.Is it a stock block car?I must admit I am one of those that don't like the SBC thing,but like others have said...It is YOUR car.If I may ask....Why push the stock style suspension so fast? Don't you ever get scared on some of those hairy looking passes I have seen vids of?

Anyway,its undeniable how fast the car is and all and we all know the SBC is cheaper and more reliable.When exactly did you make the choice to go the v-8 route?I understand you have done the stage 2 thing and all.Just wondering why you havent just converted to a tube chassis besides the expense factor,you know for safety.

My best 60 foot was a 1.29.
I can't recall my best 1/8, I'll have to look that up.
I'll have to look for that timeslip and see what my 1/8th ET was. I'm thinking it was in the mid 5's at 138mph.

I also want to ak you Chris....on a solid pass with a good hard launch,what has been your best 60' and 1/8 mile e.ts in the SBC car?I wonder what the 1/8 is for that 8.2 pass.

Jamie,

That truck did some bad azz wheel stand. And, unbelievably, he nailed the gas again :) That rocks. That's exactly what I would do :)

See you in Vegas. Stop by the trailer for cold drinks anytime and some C16 fumes :)

Originally posted by QWKSLVR_2
Hey Chris, there will always be haters. Just forget about them, and remember that opinions are like Arseholes.......everyone has one, but most sane people wipe there ass.

Chris is one the nicest guys that races in the PSCA, he will give the guy he runs next round the shirt off his back so doesn't have to run by himself.

See ya in the lanes Chris!!! Lookout for that wheelstanding HEAVY 72 Pick'em-up truck, we've been doing some hot weather testing here in AZ......getting ready for Vegas:D

Jamie

Nice. I'd like to go back to my birth town as an adult. I was born in New York and moved from Arizona to Cali. when I was 4.

3000 miles is a lot to put on. I've always wanted to race at Atco.

Originally posted by
1000MileStylez

hey chow, come to NY,NY we got a few cars that can run you.

lets lock it up

That Paint Job street car....and one of those "dissappointing" Chow runs :eek: You haters are all crazy, these two don't have to say a word and get more respect than you'll ever dream of!!!

You might need to right click save as...

Jamie, did you ever get the video of your wheels stand off the PSCA board, sorry the quality wasn't so great, I tried. :D

-Michelle
OPEN #3

Chris thanks for that info.I have a TA block being built right now in hopes of getting somewhere around the 800 hp mark with a combo not much different from that one(except more cubes) .

You say you are thinking about a Duttweiler BBC now?Single turbo or twins?Sounds like that would make ridiculous torque.I have to give it to you... you have balls man.I just want to tickle the 8s someday.I don't think I will try to go any further than that if I ever get there.

Just delete this thread, Ive never realized how many people here were such freaking buttholes. Go find something better to do. So hes a kid , Every one here has never said anything stupid when they were young?
I have no problem with Chris car being on the front page.
What i do have a problem with is that the front page was supposed to change any have other cars on. i thought is once a month.

Yes a BBC, probably twins. I don't like the spool-up game that a single can create for the driver. Where's my helmet?

Chris thanks for that info.I have a TA block being built right now in hopes of getting somewhere around the 800 hp mark with a combo not much different from that one(except more cubes) .

You say you are thinking about a Duttweiler BBC now?Single turbo or twins?Sounds like that would make ridiculous torque.I have to give it to you... you have balls man.I just want to tickle the 8s someday.I don't think I will try to go any further than that if I ever get there.

Chris- I think your car rocks!! :cool:

I hope I get to see it someday! At WCN in Vegas maybe? :)

Originally posted by ChrisChow
Just to keep up with the rest of the field running tube frame door slammers, I'm looking at a BBChev and Duttweiler again.

what do you plan on doing w/ the smc??? if the price was right i wouldn't mind losing everyone's respect too, if ya know what i mean.

Originally posted by Mr Paint Job
what do you plan on doing w/ the smc??? if the price was right i wouldn't mind losing everyone's respect too, if ya know what i mean.

I don' t think you need to buy the motor to lose the respect!
;)

Just kidding of course, are you coming out to the next psca event?

Originally posted by Sassy

Jamie, did you ever get the video of your wheels stand off the PSCA board, sorry the quality wasn't so great, I tried. :D

-Michelle
OPEN #3

Michelle

That truck belongs to my friend Eric, and he was the one that asked for it. I just help him out at the track, along with a few others from PHX. I hosted the vid and posted the link on here......guess no one was interested. But Thank you so very much for the trouble of doing that.

Jamie

Originally posted by John Wilde
I don' t think you need to buy the motor to lose the respect!
;)

Just kidding of course, are you coming out to the next psca event?

nah, i plan on driving down to LA again for the fun ford weekend race in october and see if they'll let me run True Street. then the weekend after that I'll probably just hitch a ride w/ someone for the PSCA fontana race. Right now i'm 50/50 on driving my car to vegas for the world finals. so i'm probably done w/ racing in the PSCA this season. there isn't really much motivation when i'm over a second and a half slower than the top qualifiers, know what i mean? :(

Bro,

At least you are out there, my junk has not run in a long time!
We should try throwing my PT88 on your ride! I think that would help bridge the gap!

Status
Not open for further replies.