CCW Wheels

In case anybody is looking I carry a full line of Rims... We can get just about anything out there at a good price... I have about 4-5 set of wheels picked out that nobody up here has posted that are simply nasty:cool: You guys are going to make me order a set:biggrin:

Website to see pics of the 4-5 sets of wheels you have picked out?

TOYO T1R's

Just got back from picking up my TOYO T1R tires for the Buick!!

Tomorrow is the mounting and balance, Then onto the car!!! :biggrin:

After that is the critical alignment that is needed next..

A new thread will be started Very soon showing the wheels mounted along with the details...

SW.

Attachments

• TOYO T1R's 001.jpg
    TOYO T1R's 001.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 910
  • TOYO T1R's 002.jpg
    TOYO T1R's 002.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 864
Here's a similar GN that I saw at the Bates Nut Farm show in SoCal a few years ago...

DSCN0714.jpg

DSCN0713.jpg

BTW this rear tire was 335mm wide. I didn't ask about the other specs but needless to say it was sweet. When I spoke with the guy he stated that there was absolutely no rubbing...

Good Luck on the install. :)

Scott, like I said earlier, I'm done with this post. Bolt the wheels on the car, I'm sure they will fit just fine with the stock springs and even a 579lb front spring.

Here's a similar GN that I saw at the Bates Nut Farm show in SoCal a few years ago...

DSCN0714.jpg

DSCN0713.jpg

BTW this rear tire was 335mm wide. I didn't ask about the other specs but needless to say it was sweet. When I spoke with the guy he stated that there was absolutely no rubbing...

Thanks!

DSCN0714.jpg

DSCN0713.jpg

Sure that tire isn't a 285 or 295? Looks like it from the pics.
Just my observation:)

I try to be very helpful to people who ask about my setup on my car. I have always been honest with what works on a GN and have posted it on my cardomain site. I am not going to debate what is the "correct" way to lower your car, as I have said before your recipe may work for you and acheive what your goals are. I am not new to these cars, with over 29 years of expierence in lowering and racing lowered A and G bodies I have a good idea what is going on I also have spent 6 years in the high performance tire business, First working for FASTIRE the first mail order High performnace tire company then 2 years with Goodyear as a High Performance Tire Rep. I DON'T CLAIM TO KNOW EVERYTHING. But do take OFFENSE to people, who say what works and don't work when the clearly are having issues with their set up, like stredding tires and having to go to smaller tires while I have gone to wider tires on my setup with no problems. A little knowledge is a dangerous thing in the wrong hands. Scott and I will be documenting a setup that works on his car, to share with the Buick community. This won't be about buying parts that might work or springs that work for some people and not for everyone else or some part that has more adjustments in it than a swiss army knife. Just real parts you can bolt on and work for you and most importantly the tech notes that make it work.

no offense to anybody but I don't care what you guys say. Without a crapload of negative camber up front 4.75" of wheel sticking out from the spindle is gonna rub the outside. (and probably the inside at full lock) I ran a 17x8 up front with 4" BS. Once lowered they rubbed unless I ran an extreme amount of negative camber. I even had taller lower ball joints to correct the rebound geometry. Now with flares and a little fender work I think it could look sick and not rub, i would just be shocked if they don't rub unless you run a very very heavy spring and are not much lower than stock. Not only that but every car IS different. Not all bodies are mounted on the frame evenly and thus it may rub one side while the other side fits perfect. I just don't buy it, sorry. Its not rocket science to know what will and won't fit. Yes you can bandaid it with suspension geometry via alignment but have fun replacing those expensive tires often due to the camber being so negative. Good luck.

Clearly you have not looked at my pics of my front wheels and tire, that stick in side the wheel well, I run a 450lb spring rate. And as tire goes I will take pics of my old 245 tires with 5000 miles on them with out any wear issues at all. Clearly you have other issues with your setup like wheel offset. If you turn absolute lock to lock the tire we just hit the lower control arm. By the way my front ride height measured from the center of the wheel cap to the bottom on the wheel molding is 24 inches.
To address every car is different, If you do not know the History of the car RE: wrecked or frame damage. I would also say your normal ASE mechanic doing alignments may not have the knowlege to get it the specs right. I know its hard to believe it works but look at my cardomain site goin thru corners at "The Tail of the Dragon".

But do take OFFENSE to people, who say what works and don't work when the clearly are having issues with their set up, like stredding tires

So it's OK for you to post up your set-up and your experiences,

But you take OFFENSE to others who post up their set-ups and their experiences :confused: :confused: :confused:

I take offense to people who say my setup does not work when I have been runnig it for over 5 years and they are still having problems with their's.

Well OK then ;)

It's OBVIOUS your set-up works for You. :biggrin:

I LOVE your car :cool:

Love your car too, thought about going to GN RACING Wheels D opening like Aero but really like the war the 18's work.

Sure that tire isn't a 285 or 295? Looks like it from the pics.
Just my observation:)

It kinda looks like it from the pics, huh?... This was a few years ago so I might be wrong... However, I recall stuffing a 295/50/15 under my T and I recall seeing a pic of one GN with a 305 series tire in some pic archive (scarebird somehting or other IIRC. My old pc crashed and I lost all my favorites...) I'm sure someone has a pic..

no offense to anybody but I don't care what you guys say. Without a crapload of negative camber up front 4.75" of wheel sticking out from the spindle is gonna rub the outside. (and probably the inside at full lock)
REALLY? Not rubbing at FULL LOCK or On the outside!! I even had someone sitting right here watching me just swap out the wheels & tires and that person also went with on the test drive!! ;) A witness is always good to have...

i would just be shocked if they don't rub unless you run a very very heavy spring and are not much lower than stock.
Are you shocked yet? Because it was done WITHOUT A HEAVY SPRING AND STILL DON'T RUB!!! IV'E GOT: STOCK SPRINGS, LARGER WHEELS & TIRES than what most are running and a LOWER FENDER LIP HEIGHT than most too, No Rub!!! :biggrin:

Not only that but every car IS different. Not all bodies are mounted on the frame evenly and thus it may rub one side while the other side fits perfect. I just don't buy it, sorry.
Knowone is asking you to buy it! If you don't and your in BG some year I suggest you stop by the GNS Performance booth to see for your self! Maybe we will even take you for a ride!! Eric had 5 guy's in his car one year at BG and guess what? NO RUBBING!!!

Its not rocket science to know what will and won't fit.
LOL I know, Eric has been running these wheels and tires for 5 years and fit fine! It shouldn't be rocket science to SEE that it's working fine!! ;)

good luck!
Thanks! Looks good so far... :biggrin:

Well lets see some pics.... BTW are you sure you guys aren't measuring the actual width of the wheels? I mean an advertised 17x8 will measure from lip to lip on the outside as a 9" wheel. Excessive, Ive looked at an admired your car for a while, but honestly I don't see them being a true 17x9.5 wheel. They just don't look that wide, Im sure im wrong but my sisters 17x9.5s on her Z28 look quite a bit wider(as do my 17x9.5s in the rear but 285s change that). I guess putting a 245 on a 9.5" wheel can make it appear smaller. Mine don't rub lock to lock, never said they did, I said that a 9.5" wheel would though if lowered enough and with that much BS. I don't have any rubbing issues and sit a tad lower than your 24" so I have no problems with any setup on mine.

Well lets see some pics.... BTW are you sure you guys aren't measuring the actual width of the wheels? I mean an advertised 17x8 will measure from lip to lip on the outside as a 9" wheel. Excessive, Ive looked at an admired your car for a while, but honestly I don't see them being a true 17x9.5 wheel. They just don't look that wide, Im sure im wrong but my sisters 17x9.5s on her Z28 look quite a bit wider(as do my 17x9.5s in the rear but 285s change that). I guess putting a 245 on a 9.5" wheel can make it appear smaller. Mine don't rub lock to lock, never said they did, I said that a 9.5" wheel would though if lowered enough and with that much BS. I don't have any rubbing issues and sit a tad lower than your 24" so I have no problems with any setup on mine.
Your welcome to call John (He's the owner) at CCW any time and ask him yourself how wide these tires are lip to lip. ;) They were ordered as 18" X 9.5" for the front and 18" X 10" for the rear. People can bicker over these sizes all they want and it all boils down to this, " It is, what it is" the tire sizes are tire sizes, No matter what it's still a 255 /35 18 tire on the front and the back spacing IS 4.75 !!!! ;)

Pic's are in my other thread in this section, If you would like me to take more and post them, Just let me know! ;)

SW.