car idles sometimes and dies when try to move it

jerritt

okay basically I seem to have a lot of things go wrong at once when I started trying to figure out why my 87 gn left me stranded. I first found that the tab in the cam sensor broke so fixed that with the RJC piece and still couldn't get it running then just got the caspers cam sensor cap to eliminate that got it set and to my understanding if its flashing its set correctly right? I then found that one of my injector wasn't firing when I pulled the spark plugs and got that figured out just had 2 injector wires mixed up. then I found that the bolt for the balancer had come loose so I got that tightened up and checked the crank sensor no signs of damage but im still thinking that's a possibility anyway to test these? after doing all this I got the car to start but once you drop it in gear and give it gas it dies. I noticed that sometimes when I turn the key on the scanmaster will not display the dashes as it normally does and just shows 2.1 and then goes off and stays off when car is started. is this a sign of a bad ecu? I checked the wires at the ecu and some of them had a little corrosion on them so cleaned that up and checked the chip which was seated correctly. any ideas of what to check and if anyone is near Maryland who would be willing to let me use their ecu just to eliminate that would be greatly appreciated just because that area tends to get moisture just because I have bad ttop seals even though I have never found water on the actual ecu. thanks in advance to anyone with some ideas they throw my way.

Maybe check the fuel pressure, could be some bad wiring. Shoot up 95 to Jim Dunn just outside of philly, he will get it running