can someone list all hybrids done w/ turbo 3.8 motors

87 S10 2dr Blazer

Truck is at 3290 with me in it pretty light i think for a truck i gotta GT35r Laying around i think im gonna get that on along with some 50lb injectors and see what happens,also planing to get Alky Kit would anyone recomend it?Im new to GN motors,always tuned imports(i also own a 10 Sec Honda) yes i know its a honda but not a rice car though,but i just love that nice and steady pull of GN power mated with auto trans,im hoping to drop a second off my 12.51 et with stock motor with fuel and turbo upgrades,hopefully its possible,after that motor is coming out for some forged pistons and rods(weisco pistons,pauter rods) girdle Etc,and some Gn1 alu heads.

TurboTrix

Sweet set up , I have one question? , on your down pipe do you have heat issues on the passenger side floor? Only reason I ask is I have had this problem. Ive moved the down pipe around and still no good set up. Your install looks factory, Very nice. Great work. Also what is your downpipe diameter and how much clearance do you have.

Also just to help you , an 8.5 rear was offered in S10's it was in 4.3 manual 5 speed HO set up's . I will take some pictures of the rear if you want them , got one in my 88 S10 with GN power. I think its from 99-2002 4.3 HO with manual trans. Im not positive on that but look for the 8.5 , I could idea a mile away. Got any more pic's definitly very cool truck.

87 S10 2dr Blazer

Hey, No heat Issues on pass side at all its 2.5 on the dP 3 was tough to sqeeze about half inch left on one side and 1 and quater on the other side as far as clearance did you have problems with your steering column to clear the header?

I didnt have drivers side problems but I do have Non Power steering(manual STEERING). Whats your e mail I have a lot of detailed pic's if it will help you. Did you have to knoch the frame? MY e mail is Fortune628@aol.com .

88ZNX said:
91 BIRD 305 Looks like your a little like me , you wanted that V6 in that car no matter what. I like the DP . Maybe i should have done that so i could have cepted my AC.
Ya, I needed it. :D

Metal said:
Thanks Eric, Andy and Mike talked me into it at Woodward saying how 'Easy' your swap was. :D
I forgot to get the frame pads off the TTA before it left, I don't suppose you know if I can use GN frame pads or do I have to go get them off the TTA?

Hey Jim, from what I remember it was not very hard to convince you. :biggrin:

Eric, Stenod finish you up yet?

Andy

Loosenut said:
Hey Jim, from what I remember it was not very hard to convince you. :biggrin:

Eric, Stenod finish you up yet?

Andy
haha, easy swap? I hate to see a "hard" swap then. :p

We are waiting on the K member from PA Racing.

91Bird305 said:
haha, easy swap? I hate to see a "hard" swap then. :p

We are waiting on the K member from PA Racing.

Hey, from where I was, it looked easy (on my dead ass watching Mike work) :D

There was a guy that lived a few houses down from a friend that does paint work who rebuilt his fiero gt up from the ground up and stuffed a gn motor from a crunched up 87 in. I remember only one mod and it was a t49 turbo, the rest is a blurr to me as it's been like 7 years since i've seen the guy but the car was really well put together.

Loosenut said:
Hey, from where I was, it looked easy (on my dead ass watching Mike work) :D
Hahaha. Yeah I guess it looked easy from my angle too than. :D

Still waiting on that K-Member... :(

Mine is running and more or less done, I have to re detail the engine compartment recharge the AC install a boost Gage, knock sensor, scan master, adjutable fuel pessure regulator, fuel pressure guage and my alcohol kit and the speedometer, oil pressure and tach aren't working yet but don't plan on addressing all that this spring.

Whats funning is now that I've transplanted a TTA into a Camaro a TTA roller turns up for sale... :mad:

I'm kind of partial to Cobras. I saw Caspers at the Nats and loved it.
http://www.gnvenom.com/
Then a guy here locally showed up at one of our club events with a gray with black stripes one that was even more impressive. Run a 1/4 in the 10's at only about 2800 lbs! He said it really pisses off the 427 Cobra owners when he stomps them with his 6-cylinder :biggrin:

http://www.classic-celica.com/modul...ame=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php

1972 Toyota Celica with an 87 GN Engine.
Motor 30 over, 10/10 crank, high vol.oil pump, SpeedPro 194/204 Cam, Comp Cam 980 valve springs, ported and polished heads, PTE 44 turbo, 0.65 Ex housing, Dutweiller Big neck intercooler, Jay Jackson's 62 mm Throttle body, ported and polished plenum with upper part of EGR tower removed, Power Plate, solid MAF pipe, K&N Filter.
Postons headers and 2 pce crossover pipe. Hand made TH style DP, 3" exhaust split to 2 ½ " dual Magnaflows.
52 # Siemens low imp. injectors, Red A's modded ECM, Translator Plus, LT1 MAF, Extender chip, Boost Commander, dual wastegate solenoids, PAC Alky setup, Adj. Fuel Reg, Hot wired Walbro GSS 340 intank fuel pump, Poly Mount.
ATR billet OD H20 pump pulley, FlowKooler water pump, 2 speed Ford Taurus electric fan, RMI 25.
Type II coil pack and module, 8.5 Magnecor's, AC CR42's.
DirectScan, Caspers Knock gauge, Autometer 30/30 boost/vacuum gauge, Autometer tranny temp gauge.
200 4R tranny, B&M 28,000GVW SuperCooler, remote filter, Energy Suspensions Polyurethane mount, stock D5 converter, B&M Megashifter, Chopped Ford 9" @3:25 Trac Lok rear with a 300 ZX disk brake setup. Air bags, 85 Supra 57 mm piston 10" vented rotor front brake setup, Nissan 300 ZX 15/16 master cylinder, Dunlop SP 5000 205/50ZR 15's front SP 8000 245/50/15's rear. Hurst Roll control, Ford power steering rack, KYB AGX 4x adjustable front struts and Ground Control coilovers, KYB AGX 8x rear adjustable shocks.

Paul

Hey Paul, I'm really interested in building the same, I had a 77 Liftback GT back in highschool and thought It would have been a neat hybrid. Could you tell me about the install? fitment problems? We already have a 88 Z/28 with a stage II V6. Thanks! Jason

Man I got to get motivated....found this post, have not touched mine since I parted out the t-type in jan 05:( The poor camaro has been sitting about a year now with not drivetrain:frown:

LC2 powered 1962 Nova Convertible

:rolleyes:
I have been building a 1962 nova convertible for the last 4 years. Its been a big project. I just started rebuilding the 3.8. I cant make up my mind if I should use my stock crank and rods. The engine has 2 buillet center caps. Well I will have to make up my mind soon.

I figured I would share my Hybrid too ........ here's my BABY! :cool:

IMG_3594.jpg

IMG_3578.jpg

IMG_3639.jpg

IMG_3598.jpg

IMG_3030.jpg

IMG_3020.jpg

IMG_3013.jpg

IMG_3006.jpg

DSCF0221V6.jpg