can someone list all hybrids done w/ turbo 3.8 motors

BOOSTEDGNs

Id be very interested to see what you guys see in terms of others who have used the mighty 3.8 turob buick motors links would be nice if any, these motors are great I liked it so much I am a vette lover with an 89 convertible and recently purchased a 87 grand national as a daily driver paint not so pretty, upon immediately purchasing my 2nd from a board member with nice paint which I drive daily from this point on and will restore my first 87 grand national

LONG LIVE THE TURBO 3.8

I love the Buicks and the Vettes also, so I made a Buick powered Vette. The Vette is an 85 chassis with 96 body and the motor is a 274 stage 2 V6.
Here's a few pics. www.roguevette.com

love those vette/turbo buicks

Michael,
Seen your car pics floating around the net and really liked what you did to it, Funny thing is I just finished my 396 stroker on my vette and didnt even enjoy it and I want to dismantle it and take my spare grand national and do something like your conversion. How did you get all the gauges to work together? was it fairly straight forward or did you pull alot of hair out in the process?

Alan

I have a 67 firebird, others I have seen include
mazda rx7
elcamino
geo metro
mustang
opel
volvo wagon
4th gen camaro
suburban
many more I just can't remember.

Stock 89tta 10's in a firebird haha

Damn thats quik how much weight is that bird? Those were really cool, My Buddies brother had/had one since Ive know him over 17years, and its hilarious the guy makes like bookoo dollas and the wifey drives the BMW and thats what he drives and refuses to get rid of it. What combo do you run in the 67 Firebird?

Alan

I have seen/heard of
Z-car
Reatta
Electra estate wagon
Baretta (posted below)
am working on an Astro van swap myself
S-10

and as for me, I'm working on an Astro van swap that may get done eventually.

Re: Stock 89tta 10's in a firebird haha

Originally posted by BOOSTEDGNs
Damn thats quik how much weight is that bird? Those were really cool, My Buddies brother had/had one since Ive know him over 17years, and its hilarious the guy makes like bookoo dollas and the wifey drives the BMW and thats what he drives and refuses to get rid of it. What combo do you run in the 67 Firebird?

Alan
83# inj, gtq76, fast, 210-210 roller cam, fair parks stock loc. intercooler, @ 3020#s hoping to see 9's next season

I'd like to do a transplant into a Corvair. I've seen SBC in them, but I think as stock LC2 would do just fine. I'm sure it be fun as hell to drive.

Later,

Steve.

RogueVette

Are you running an intercooler, looked at the pic and seems to be but I can't see it.

What intercooler and did you need to adjust any for the crossmember?

How far back did you moving the motor back? Did you do it to move weight to the rear or was there interferance?

Sorry for all the questions but I am looking at doing something similiar in a 65 vette.

Thanks
Chuck

BOOSTEDGNs, The water/ oil / voltage etc just plugged into the vette harness. The tach reads 20% lower, so I disconnected it. I got everything off John Spina for the speedometer, but not hooked it up yet. I hooked up the engine oil temp to the tranny; it's a lot more useful this way. The range/ mileage computer isn't working, but everything I really need is, and it wasn't so hard to do.

wilkinshc, The intercooler is a PTE mounted in front of the stock Vette rad. The I/C pipes were made from welding together 3" exhaust tubing and the top one I chromed.
The motor sits approximately 8" back but I should have left a bit more space for an easier wiper motor fit.
There was no real interference but the Buick motor is definitely taller and wider than the chebby that came out. Feel free to pm me with any questions about the build. Good luck with your 65.

Michael,

Thanks for the offer, I hoping that I have a little more room then you had. I was figuring since a BB chevy will fit my little 6 should. I was planning a stock location intercooler but I am not sure if the crossmember will be in the way with the stock brackets, if it is I figured I would move the intercooler ahead the few inches to clear with modified brackets.

Was planning on just an alt. and a/c compressor (it has manual steering). Talked with Champion about brackets to mount the two and was told to call back in Jan. 2005 and they would probably do it. :D

Thanks again for the offer of help.

Chuck

Originally posted by 67turboCamaro
I have a 67 Camaro hybrid.
are you running stock suspesion, how much boost @ launch? the best 60' in my bird is a 1.49 @ 10 psi. most of the time it's a 1.53

Originally posted by TurboIndian
are you running stock suspesion, how much boost @ launch? the best 60' in my bird is a 1.49 @ 10 psi. most of the time it's a 1.53
My only suspension upgrades are Landrum mono-springs, and a set of slapper traction bars. I have tried launching with anywhere from 5-20#'s, but 10-12#'s works best for me. My 60' times are usually in the 1.44-1.50 range.

Slow87, I don't know of any rollers right know, but if I run across any I'll shoot you an e-mail.

All street rods are "hybrids" in a sense but count my '36 Chevy anyway! There's a really comprehensive list over at t*u*r*b*o*b*u*i*c*k*s*dotcom in the hybrid section (naturally;) )

Originally posted by RBE17
I'd like to do a transplant into a Corvair. I've seen SBC in them, but I think as stock LC2 would do just fine. I'm sure it be fun as hell to drive.

Later,

Steve.

I built one (hence the name). If you ever attempt it plan on reinventing the wheel. I had to fabricate everything. If I had to do it again I would use a Hot Air engine and one of the Powerglide trans conversions they make for the Mid engine V8 Corvairs.