can someone list all hybrids done w/ turbo 3.8 motors

91Bird305 said:
Camaro is lookin good Jim!
Thanks Eric, Andy and Mike talked me into it at Woodward saying how 'Easy' your swap was. :D
I forgot to get the frame pads off the TTA before it left, I don't suppose you know if I can use GN frame pads or do I have to go get them off the TTA?

I dont know if this qualifies or not.....G/N front/cutlass back.. :biggrin: 5.30's at 141 mph in an 1/8.......shutting down at 3/4 track! Twin turbo stage engine.

Attachments

• Buickfest Mooresville '04 001.jpg
    Buickfest Mooresville '04 001.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 470
At the GoodGuys Show this past weekend there was a Champagne colored 69 nova with an 87 motor. The car looked sweeet sporting that 3.8

91 BIRD 305 Looks like your a little like me , you wanted that V6 in that car no matter what. I like the DP . Maybe i should have done that so i could have cepted my AC.

TURBO ELKY One of these days when i come off the road for a sec. I will get some pics for yall to see. And dont worry about T TOPS, I have them , no problem here sence i in staled SOUTH SIDE MACHINE weld in sub frame conectors. To me they are the best out there. Once you insall them , you can now jack your car up on ether side using a floor jack. :)

galoush said:
80s Caddy coupe deville 2 door , i think the guy was from Brooklyn

Was this car white with a blue canvas top and euro lights (88 Brogham) I think? I saw one at Englishtown back in June of 1995. I have pictures of it.

87 S10 2dr Blazer

Hi All,I just Completed my 87 S10 Blazer,87 GN 3.8 Turbo motor,200r trans with B@m Shifter,Stock s10 rear end with Spiders Welded up(temp untill i get new rear end) Stock GN Intercooler,Stock Turbo and injectors, currently running 12psi Just typical mods so far FPR,TPS new heads with LS1 Springs/retainers costum 3" doen pipe and exhaust Truck Went 12.51 at 16Psi Pics Coming up soon

87 S10 2dr Blazer

Will post pics tomarrow around 10pm when i get back from work,truck still neeeds some body work/interior work

good times

TurboTrix said:
Hi All,I just Completed my 87 S10 Blazer,87 GN 3.8 Turbo motor,200r trans with B@m Shifter,Stock s10 rear end with Spiders Welded up(temp untill i get new rear end) Stock GN Intercooler,Stock Turbo and injectors, currently running 12psi Just typical mods so far FPR,TPS new heads with LS1 Springs/retainers costum 3" doen pipe and exhaust Truck Went 12.51 at 16Psi Pics Coming up soon

Pretty good 1/4 with out much tune. I had a lot of problems when I first got mine running and this next spring I have gotten all the bugs out. I have been dirving it for about a year so and I have beat on it all the time. Its a very fun car to drive. It would be sweet to have a s-10 blazer. I think you could put a 9" or good built 8.8 like I have. good luck and looking forward to some pictures of your ride.
Chris

S10 Blazer

Ok I gathered some pics, Notice the steering column had to be slightly moved towards passanger side in order to clear drivers side header.Truck is NOT complete as far as interior/exterior goes mechanically runs excellent.Also notice Costum Engine Oil Cooler.

Picture024.jpg

Picture021.jpg

Picture019.jpg

Picture018.jpg

Picture020.jpg

Picture015.jpg

Picture022.jpg

Picture023.jpg

Picture017.jpg

Picture016.jpg

Picture010.jpg

Picture011.jpg

Picture012.jpg

TurboTrix said:
Ok I gathered some pics, Notice the steering column had to be slightly moved towards passanger side in order to clear drivers side header.Truck is NOT complete as far as interior/exterior goes mechanically runs excellent.Also notice Costum Engine Oil Cooler.

Those pictures makes me want to put my Malibu's engine in my Syclone.

S10 Blazer

lol ill Trade you :) i wish i can find Typhoon Front end assembly along with sideskirts and rear rollpan i wanna make it look like a typhoon,I just missed a deal on a typhoon for $5800 with 118k on it,i guess you snooze you loose.

Ps.I noticed they make those digital guages for my truck as well,are they direct replacement?Did you have a problem fiting them on your Malibu?

TurboTrix said:
I noticed they make those digital guages for my truck as well,are they direct replacement?Did you have a problem fiting them on your Malibu?

Hardly any problem fitting them. I did have to modify the original cluster. It was about 1/4 inch too small to fit. I bought the universal 6 gauge package and had to make it fit. It comes with a separate box that mounts away from the actual gauges. It uses a ribbon cable to run to the digital part. That box is where you have to wire your cars harness into. I don't know if the direct replacement dashes are true plug-n-play.

I wired mine in so that all the original idiot lights still work so I could have both lights and gauges.