Cam Sync Fault

Cam sensor appears ok, no damage and gear is like new. The crank sensor had a little slop in it, could move it back and forth with my hand a little.

How about the timing chain, how much slop in it , before the cam sensor moves?

The irony is that I just got my Powerstroke running after 3 weeks of trying to figure out a cam sensor problem. $1575 bucks.

Can;t you measure the crank degrees before you see the cam sensor start to move?

The irony is that I just got my Powerstroke running after 3 weeks of trying to figure out a cam sensor problem. $1575 bucks.

What kind of a Powerstroke is that??? My (2001) cam sensor only cost me $65

Gotcha, I'll have to check it. Could it have been loose crank sensor?
It could have been that maybe it was losing signal randomly, but would it not create a crank sensor fault?

Cam Sync Position Error

Cam Sync occurred at an unexpected angle
-or-
Cam Sync failed to occur when expected

Start the car and unplug the cam sensor. Drive the car around. If it shuts off then you have a bad crank sensor. If it runs cleanly, look closer at the cam sensor

Just re-installed the cam sensor and set it. With the car cold, cam sync btdc was bouncing between 87 and 91. With car warm it is steady at 89. Still got the crank sync error when it was cold. I can restart it hot and no error.

Idling at 950 I can see the cam sync flag go to zero without the cam sync btdc changing.

turn it a hair counter clockwise to get it closer to 95 (not a big deal but it worked for me)

if you turn the key on fast, i noticed i will get the flag, same goes with powering down then quickly turning the key to the on position, if you turn the key off make sure the xfi powers down completely to reset the codes. It must need a split second to set the camsync with the key on before cranking

It was at 95 when the problem started, but I will try it. It seems to be more stable around 88 or 89. And I never turn the key fast, I have a weldon pump and have to let it prime before I can start it.

Make sure your ignition module is well grounded clean all the mounting points, or just 1