Cam Sync Fault

cleaned it up, not getting crank sync error, cam btdc settles in at 96 when car is idling well, but jumps around when it is idling rough. it idles rough as hell until it hits 150 degrees on coolant. if i feather the it up so the tps is above idle limit it cleans up.

Well what's the af ratio when its cold, timing?

AF around 12.5. I'll let it cool off some and get some numbers. It's at 150 now. I pulled some ase fuel out and it seemed to like it.

Seems Ok, you will have to experiment if it wants more or less fuel at 100F i would suggest 12.7-12.9 and maybe 1100-1200 rpm idle if the cam is big.

It just won't go over 350 to 500 cold. the p gain on the iac is set at 22, should it be higher?

Usually that means its an AF ratio problem, Crank up the afterstart fuel that would be afterstart vs cts., until you get into the high 11's af right after it runs. Whats your IAC postion, it just could be adjusted wrong, not giving you the rpm you need, turn the screw down on the TB to maintain about 15-20 in park hot idle. Work the gains after, average is about 25, D gain about 10 max for now.

DO a cold start log....

RPM, KPA, ACTUAL AF,VE,CTS.CORR, AFT.CORR, TPS, SPARK BDTC,BATT VOLTS, TARGET AF,PSIA,COOLANT TEMP, AIR TEMP, IAC TARGET, ERROR CODE, ERROR CODE2, ESC KNOCK

Adjusted TB out, started alot better. Have TPS set at 5 and it seems happy with the IAC counts at 25 when hot.

What version of xfi software are you using?

Well, when you upgrade it to 2.0 you will have to re-tune the idle part of it mostly becuase the injector offset voltage makes things more sensitive/accurate now at low PW, but if your happy as is, stay with 1.34. then, if you don't want the self learning and a few more other tweaks.

Disregard. I'm a big dummy. I can't understand how I make a living troubleshooting and programming industrial machinery, but I can't troubleshoot a fan on a car. Pfffftttt.